Suggestion to "10 seconds no headlights"

Suggestion Name: Suggestion to "10 seconds no headlights"
Suggestion Description: Add a message [with a beep] in the Navigation.

Any example images

Why should it be added?:

I've got kicked of the servers many times before because I didn't had my headlights on [according to the game]. It would be a great addition to add a beep and a message at the navigation-system to "Turn on your headlights within 20 seconds or you'll be kicked from the session". And why 20 seconds? Because there are people at TruckersMP/ETS2 who are new and still need to have the chance to get used to their button-layout/keyboard-config. 

Let's hope that the devs/mod-creators will consider this option if possible.

• Upvote 8

The current time limit is about 20 seconds after successful connection to the server, but the first message shows up at 15 seconds.

Players with no headlights are dangers at night, and thus need to be removed as soon as possible. Not understanding the keyboard layout is not an excuse to create danger.

While I do have a thought to optimize this system since the current one is less than noticable, and many players can not read English :

Gdoi1wz.jpg

Fortunately we have a globally standardized symbol for headlights. The red number will count down from 15 to 0, and to make it even more visible, the whole icon can flash during the last 10 seconds.

Opening this one up for discussion.

• Upvote 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

^ While a yes on your point, the other main part of this suggestion is about making the message more noticeable, which is not implemented so far.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

To be honest, everyone should get a 60-120 second time frame to get their lights set etc, this will count down visually, but a message and a shortened timer of 10-20 seconds should only appear about lights if the truck starts moving without lights with a audible sound much like a door chin when you open a car door with the lights still on. Because some of us set up loads and such before configuring our truck to move anywhere and so if you have 20 seconds it’s cutting it very short.

personally, I’d go a step further by:

once the player spawns in fully, a 120 second visibly starts counting down, this can be stopped by turning on side lights/parking lights.

once the player then turns on the electrics and starts up, a visible message warning the player to turn on their low beams will appear.

if the player ignores this, but stays stationary a 60 second timer and a chim/alerter will start to further warn the player.

if the player ignores the first warning and starts driving, a louder alerter will sound and a 10 second timer will start counting down with a much larger message warning the driver to turn on their lights immediately.

If warnings are followed, both timers/alerts/messages will stop once lights are switched on.

If warnings are still ignored the player will be kicked and the incident logged for admin review. 

• 1 month later...

good idea,ı agree with you because I usually close the chat and I have to look at the clock. a suggestion that I need. +1

I think that people pay little attention to the messages. I've never been kicked for not having my lights on. Usually, switching them on is the first thing I do before moving, but sometimes I can forget and have no problems to see the warning. A flashing icon would be better, that's for sure, but there will be still plenty of players who won't have a clue about what that symbol means, let's not forget that there are lots of under 15 y.o. players who have never driven or worried about traffic rules, signals, conventions, etc.

More comments: The autokick only jumps if you're moving. You see the warning, you can switch your lights on or pull over and stop if you can't find the key/button. 15 seconds is more than enough for that and then you have all the time in the world to find the key and keep driving once the lights are on. 

For those who claim that 15 seconds is not enough if your engine refuses to start, there's the option, in gameplay settings, to avoid starting electricity and engine at the same time. Players who untick that option, first time they hit the "Start engine" key/button, the electricity starts and they can switch lights on, even with the engine completely broken, second time, the engine starts (or tries to). With this, they wouldn't be kicked because of the engine stalling. And if it's come to that situation, player's choice should be to stop at a safe place and hit F7+Enter or /fix instead of trying to keep driving a badly damaged truck that will keep stalling until it gets repaired.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...