Massive Ingame Lags

TheBigK02

Just now, FrostyGamer said:

Okay. Have you already rebooted your PC? (Just to be sure xD)

Yes, but I will do it another time :P

I already got the MSI Afterburner, but there was nothing special (CPU load, CPU Temp, GPU Temp) until the Freeze (it freezes for 2 seconds) after it the GPU Load is on 0 %.
After the last time I played ETS2 Multiplayer nothing chanced (Software or Hardware)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, let's try to reinstall the TMP client again, but this time completely.

You need to pay very good attention at the following:

1; Uninstall normally via Configuration screen.

2; Uninstall the folder located at C:\Users\You\Documents\ETS2MP\ ETS2MP should be removed.

3; Hit Windows key + R and type in "Regedit" (= registereditor).

4; Than, open the Computer tab, than the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE tab, and finally the SOFTWARE tab inside HLM. In there, you should find a lot of other folders, don't delete them! Except for the "TruckersMP" folder. The folders are ordered alphabetically. Delete the TruckersMP folder and download and install the client again.

I hope this fixed it.. I have to go to school now, so I'm offline for the next few hours.

9 minutes ago, FrostyGamer said:

Alright, let's try to reinstall the TMP client again, but this time completely.

You need to pay very good attention at the following:

1; Uninstall normally via Configuration screen.

2; Uninstall the folder located at C:\Users\You\Documents\ETS2MP\ ETS2MP should be removed.

3; Hit Windows key + R and type in "Regedit" (= registereditor).

4; Than, open the Computer tab, than the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE tab, and finally the SOFTWARE tab inside HLM. In there, you should find a lot of other folders, don't delete them! Except for the "TruckersMP" folder. The folders are ordered alphabetically. Delete the TruckersMP folder and download and install the client again.

I hope this fixed it.. I have to go to school now, so I'm offline for the next few hours.

I will try it :)

Have fun in the school ;)

*EDIT Ok, I deleted TMP,  also in the Regedit and installed the client again, same problem :(

1 hour ago, TheBigK02 said:

Those tips are nit helpful and already posted. It feels like an endless loop just because there’s a paging in the thread. Please post only new ideas :(

Hi, if you feel like my posts are not useful, than please open up a new discussion, I'm trying to help RoccatPlay as you rejected my idea's last time aswell.

So, RP, I'm home again ;).

Have you also tried to close all tasks, and than only open up ETS2, without anything running in the background? I know some programs like internet browsers etc. use a LOT of RAM, and will sometimes lag other games (I have 16GB of RAM in my main PC and I sometimes had lag, because other programs were using too much RAM).

So, short said; close everything and run ETS2.

1 hour ago, TheBigK02 said:

23 minutes ago, FrostyGamer said:

Hi, if you feel like my posts are not useful, than please open up a new discussion, I'm trying to help RoccatPlay as you rejected my idea's last time aswell.

Have you also tried to close all tasks, and than only open up ETS2, without anything running in the background? I know some programs like internet browsers etc. use a LOT of RAM, and will sometimes lag other games (I have 16GB of RAM in my main PC and I sometimes had lag, because other programs were using too much RAM).

Last time I checked it’s the thread I opened. And if he has problems different than mine he should have opened new thread. So please stop posting. And if he has same problem as me those tips won’t work. So unless u have fixed the same issue as us stop using this thread to prove a point or farm posts.

Just now, TheBigK02 said:

Last time I checked it’s the thread I opened. And if he has problems different than mine he should have opened new thread. So please top posting.

Alright, seems like you're having a bad day..

RoccotPlay, please make a new thread yourself and we'll discuss further :).

Okay, So this fixed it for me:

1. Uninstall TMP via uninstall
2. Press Win + R
3. Type in %programdata%

4. Press Enter
5. Delete the TruckersMP Folder

6. Use CCleaner (Must be CCleaner or it wont work) and clear the registry.

7. Reinstall TruckersMP

8. Profit.
I get a little lag spike for a quarter or half a second when someone gets in my range, but its manageable.

1 hour ago, FrostyGamer said:

57 minutes ago, Jackaroo05 said:

Okay, So this fixed it for me:

1. Uninstall TMP via uninstall
2. Press Win + R
3. Type in %programdata%

4. Press Enter
5. Delete the TruckersMP Folder

6. Use CCleaner (Must be CCleaner or it wont work) and clear the registry.

7. Reinstall TruckersMP

8. Profit.
I get a little lag spike for a quarter or half a second when someone gets in my range, but its manageable.

I have closed every other task... 

Your way dont work Jackaroo05 :(

12 minutes ago, RoccatPlay said:

I have closed every other task... 

Your way dont work Jackaroo05 :(

Okay, but can you make a new topic, as the original TS doesn't want us to discuss this here.

Once again, stop going off-topic. Read the FIRST bug post to reaffirm what you are about to say/comment on/reply/help with/or think you are helping with/or add on. 

All other additional support related issues to be taken to Support: Help/Support tickets

As one of our Support Team members has already mentioned that there is currently no solution yet to be found, people who are experiencing this bug are already waiting patiently or finding solutions on their own.

Since some of the replies are from people who are lazy/trolls who do not even read the very first post, the lag spikes begin upon starting MP and continues at the login screen without logging in

This bug HAS NOTHING to do with other players in range as we have not even logged into the MP servers yet

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/59892-massive-ingame-lags/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-611417  

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/59892-massive-ingame-lags/&page=4&tab=comments#comment-625831  

This is a forum bug section report, not a discussion. Learn to read first before jumping to conclusions. 

This is also why the OP and users like myself who experience the SAME VERY BUG are getting very angry. 

So please stop. Because newcomers to this thread will then follow suit and not before long.. this topic will become inappropriate and trashed since there are multiple "bugs" or even already fixable issues added within a proper bug report itself. 

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

RoccatPlay, 

I'm out of options.. Please make a support ticket, I think that's the best to fix your problem now. 

Remove this post, I overlooked the last post. Sorry! 

I've been having similar issues in ATSMP, but only when near cities; I'm not sure if it's exactly the same bug, but chances are it's related.  I moved my ATS install from my HDD to my SSD with no change other than having to reinstall TruckersMP because there's no way to change the filepaths it looks for to start the games.

I have an AMD FX-8370 CPU, 32GB RAM, and a GTX 980Ti.  I don't think my computer is too slow to run the game properly.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:15 PM, Caricature said:

... the lag spikes begin upon starting MP and continues at the login screen without logging in

This bug HAS NOTHING to do with other players in range as we have not even logged into the MP servers yet

Because the lag spikes discussed in the original topic of the thread pertain mainly to game launching, I would recommend using the Windows Task Manager>Details Tab>Right Click Euro Truck Sim>Set Priority>Realtime as others have suggested.

This may help your performance as it essentially tells your computer to prioritize the ETS2 process. 

If you are unable to find a solution, the problem may, unfortunately, be caused by aging hardware. Slow performance at the start of a program is indicative of a computer unable to load the data quick enough and/or keep up. May include RAM, Hard Drive, or Processor. Older motherboards may also cause these issues.

I would rule out my last statement, however, if you find that ETS2 is the only processor-heavy and graphically-intensive game that experiences this type of performance drop on launch. If most games work well on your PC, then hardware likely is not to blame. 

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

So, to all the poeple who say : "Have you updated ..., have you reinstalled..., what are your specs, what type of connection do you have... SH*T UP, if you don't have any idea of what is going on, don't speak.

So many poeple have that problem and in these "so many poeple" there is some 1080, i9 and whatever, so it's not a problem from the specs, and there's also some 1gb fiber, so it's not an internet issues.

Plz stop talking like a computer scientist "HAV U RESTART UR COMPUTERR" and don't annoye us

And in solo it perfectly works so ITS NOT A SPEC PROBLEM 

On 4/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, Terry A said:

Because the lag spikes discussed in the original topic of the thread pertain mainly to game launching, I would recommend using the Windows Task Manager>Details Tab>Right Click Euro Truck Sim>Set Priority>Realtime as others have suggested.

This may help your performance as it essentially tells your computer to prioritize the ETS2 process.

NEVER set anything to "Realtime" unless told to do so during a troubleshooting session with a developer.  Setting it just to "Higher" will have the same result without risking the system taking resources away from processes that need to continue running, such as the Windows kernel itself.

April update: 

- Both MP games. 

- Patch Version 0.2.2.3.0. 

- Controllers not applicable since it begins the moment you begin the game with TMP client, be it wheel / keyboard or other. 

- Basically an occuring lag spike on our screens. To other players, it could be a devastating rubber-banding of ourselves or a minor pushback which may or may not be seen from time to time. You may watch the videos and watch the Steam FPS counter as well (top left hand corner)

Time period of occurring spikes you may rely on my video recorded today after updating the TMP client - Roughly about 15-16 seconds exactly.

- No other programs were active at the point of recording, only Steam, the game and GeForce Experience used to record. 

ETS2MP: 

ATSMP: 

ATS / ETS2 / GTA5 / GTA5Online / Guild Wars 2 - Completely smooth gameplays even at high/ultra settings with actual gameplay(s) involved. 

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Archived