Massive Ingame Lags

TheBigK02

Hi,

Mod Version: 0.2.2.2.2
Controllers Used: Logitech G29
Description of Issue: Hi, I have massive Ingame Lags which can be broken down to Truckersmp, cause its not happening in single player.
How to reproduce: Load the game, move the curser and u find urself in occasional freezes every few seconds.
Screenshots / Videoshttps://youtu.be/u50OHxI7E8g / https://youtu.be/FTvLDt_vbo4 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrupgwbK3Bg

First Video is single player demo to see it is not related to my PC. Second Video is same position in the map on multi player and third video is proof that this happens already before logging into truckersmp to sort out any issue related to network.

What I tried to fix the issue myself:

- Uninstall Geforce Experience

- Disable DVR

- Update Nvidia-Drivers

- Reinstall truckersmp including new config set (deleted C:\Users\$USER\Documents\ETS2MP)

- Logitech Gaming Software Updated

- Remove G29 just to cut out some USB Controller related issues.

- Playing around with process monitor to see what happens during the lags. But the game just freezes and the system just does rather nothing than doing anything but thats subjective guess. 

My setup:

- Intel 4790S (Intel)

- EVGA 1070 8GB

- 16 GB RAM

- Windows 10 64bit Ver. 1709 Build 16299.192 (all updates included)

Other games I didn't see any issue like that.

Now some guessing: Could this be related to the new Meltdown Patch for windows? But there were also quite some truckersmp Updates that could cause that? For me the game is rly unplayable and the only thing I didnt test yet is a Windows Reinstall which I would rather not do to be completely honest.

I am open for anything to solve the issue.

Cheers

Konstantin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

You can try terminating tasks as R0CK said in the above post ^ :)

Method 1:~ The other way is to try and Clear your computer cache which can be done from CCleaner or Clean Master for PC :)

I personally reccomend Clean Master because using it from last 2 years and works perfectly :but ofcourse either of them does the job of clearing cache from your computer and other programs

Method 2:~

If that didn't work too you can try Cleaning up your C: Disk by the following steps

Spoiler

Step 1~

airomHK.png

Step 2:~

hQH6HeU.png

Step 3:~ After clicking Disk Cleanup wait for the system to collect junk and tell you via another popup box

Step 4:~ Tick Mark everything once it shows that this much junk lies , Their will be several like Offline website data,Temprorary files so yeah you can Tick all and Click OK button and let the cleaning happen after that Restart your PC and wait for it to reach idling speed.

Method 3:~ Perform a Msconfig for the system so that which applications you dont need at startup or immediate use you can disable them, I cannot give you a guide unless i know what programs are installed and relating to msconfig, If you want me to do so Please send me a Forum PM

Credits @[SFH]MrHarv98

Btw. Can you share your internet speed?

Hey! :)

Try to launch the game as admin and with DirectX (64)! This solves many problems.

Also make sure your graphic driver is up to date!

If these things don't work, try to download the updates again! (Start the launcher and press F1) Maybe anything went wrong!

Best Regards

~GGF MD~

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Hey,

Maybe the problem is caused when your computer loads players that are near you, thats why it freezes a little, If that is the case, Open up TAB and mess in the graphics as well as general settings to minimise the detail of other players or render distance and that should help :) 

In terms of the loading screen lags, it can be caused by your computer trying to read files, try and defrag your disk, or close applications running in the background like google chrome :)

Q9n6SSI.png

Try to launch the game as admin and with DirectX (64)! This solves many problems.

how to do so? And I read in another thread that this is done anyways cause truckersmp is 64bit only.

Method 3:~ Perform a Msconfig for the system so that which applications you dont need at startup or immediate use you can disable them, I cannot give you a guide unless i know what programs are installed and relating to msconfig, If you want me to do so Please send me a Forum PM

that doesnt look logical to me when u consider this does not happen in single player.

Method 1 2 I did already and doesnt change anything. And I wont install third party utils that does something in my whole system when I have only one issue.

You can try terminating tasks as R0CK said in the above post ^ :)

same here. Why should this affect multiplayer but not single player.

Btw. Can you share your internet speed?

why should this be relevant when this happens already before I even login. I have 8mbit dsl. (Ping constant 40)

Defrag disk: I have a SSD.

And this has nothing to do with any player spawning, when this happens already when I didnt even login to anything. That does start to happen before I login to truckersmp.

48 minutes ago, TheBigK02 said:

how to do so? And I read in another thread that this is done anyways cause truckersmp is 64bit only.

Start ETS 2 normally via Steam 

http://prntscr.com/hy5sy4

After that click on "Launch with DirectX (64)"

http://prntscr.com/hy5tev

Wait until you are InGame.

-> Close ETS 2 and start TMP as admin!

http://prntscr.com/hy5u90

http://prntscr.com/hy5uig

Done! :)

Best Regards

~GGF MD~

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Hey, start the game and get to your in game location before driving. Hit cntrl-alt-delete to start task manager, in processes tab find eurotruck.exe and right click on it and choose "set affinity". Uncheck all the processor except for 1. I chose the last one to be checked only #3. Click ok then go back into the game and do the drive. You should start to see the game run a lot smoother.  Enjoy!

what i really cant believe is that I am the only one with that problem. @[TUG] Aragon said that he had also some other people reporting such problem to him. But I don't see any other threads or replys with "I got same issue". 

I was pissed and now I am just sad. Atleast I can play ats to serve my trucking addiction. 

I might try a fresh windows install or try at playonlinux... just to see if that works there...

Cheers

On 9.1.2018 at 11:37 PM, NeonLeon said:

Hey, start the game and get to your in game location before driving. Hit cntrl-alt-delete to start task manager, in processes tab find eurotruck.exe and right click on it and choose "set affinity". Uncheck all the processor except for 1. I chose the last one to be checked only #3. Click ok then go back into the game and do the drive. You should start to see the game run a lot smoother.  Enjoy!

that didnt change anything. same issue persistent. game freezing. Got also one direct message that he got same issue. Pls forward this to a dev or something. Are the devs aware of that? Cause its clearly caused by truckersmp cause singleplayer works just fine. ATS works fine as well btw.

Hi TheBigK02,

Please try this Steps it reduce some Lags on the MP:

• Press your Tab button -> go to Settings
  • General -> Development Logging -> Disable
  • Drivers animation -> Disable

After you did that just click on Apply and ok -> Restart your Game

Hope it helps you a little.

~Harley~

7 hours ago, [TUG] Harley said:

Hi TheBigK02,

Please try this Steps it reduce some Lags on the MP:

• Press your Tab button -> go to Settings
  • General -> Development Logging -> Disable
  • Drivers animation -> Disable

After you did that just click on Apply and ok -> Restart your Game

Hope it helps you a little.

~Harley~

This is so frustrating and it kinda makes me mad. Not because of the problem but because how its handled. I get that truckersmp is a not finished product and they state that. And I get that there are also bugs involved into such product. But reporting an obvious bug into the bug section and i get moved into help section where I get those suggestions is not helpful.

Im IT Administrator for more than 10 years now and I know when theres an issue going on that has nothing todo with my pc but with the game then I know it. If im wrong I apologize but pls I want to get in touch with a developer checking this.

I know u guys want to help but I feel like only an update of truckersmp can possibly fix this issue.

Now back to that post. If u would read carefully my first post and watch the videos I posted in happens already in the menu. So this is not related to graphics or logging. It is related to the game freezing for whatever reason - it happens whenever I launch the game with the truckersmp launcher.

Cheers

Konstantin

Hey!

Write a feedback ticket if you think this was incorrect / or if you want to leave feedback for TruckersMP!

You can find it here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

On 10.1.2018 at 6:11 PM, TheBigK02 said:

what i really cant believe is that I am the only one with that problem. @[TUG] Aragon said that he had also some other people reporting such problem to him. But I don't see any other threads or replys with "I got same issue". 

As I said above: I don't have any problems! So I don't think it's a bug!

But maybe it will be fixed for you in the next update!

Best Regards

~GGF MD~

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

2 hours ago, GGF MD said:

Hey!

Write a feedback ticket if you think this was incorrect / or if you want to leave feedback for TruckersMP!

You can find it here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

As I said above: I don't have any problems! So I don't think it's a bug!

But maybe it will be fixed for you in the next update!

Best Regards

~GGF MD~

that doenst mean that theres no bug in the game or in the launcher. I dont state its occuring to everyone. But im not the only one with this problem either. So I dont know if its a combination of a change in the game or its just truckersmp which causes this issue.

What would u think when u dont touch ur computer and u got this problem and u didnt change anything and u know american truck simulator runs at around 200 fps just fine with the old version and then u update truckersmp and the game and u have the same issue on American Truck Simulator as in Euro Truck Simulator. No Windows Update occured or anything else could affect this.

So pls put this in right perspective. And sure I can give u feedback how its handled how I did here. But how can i reach out to the devs that they actually bring me feedback on this. 

That would bring things in perspective for me. I understand that this is not snap and done. But the feedback I got so far doesnt satisfy me to think, yeah thats a problem on ur end and theres no way that theres a bug here.

So I beg u guys to escalate this.

Cheers

Konstantin

Hey,

I have the same problem.
Every time when fps drop, also gpu usage drops. Here's the screenshot from msi afterburner (red circle: moments when fps and gpu usage drop): https://imgur.com/a/SG8sU

I tried to launch game with opengl (Steam -> Play ETS2 -> Launch game with OpenGL (64-bit), then close the game, launch TruckersMP Launcher as administrator, click "Launch ETS2". Now ETS2MP is working with OpenGL).

And it helped.

However, there was another problem: the game started to "hooking up" (idk how to call it). Every second the game lost some frames. It looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fEMOFaEWQ

Anyway, in both cases the game is unpleasant.

2 hours ago, I MULTILOG I WiNEX said:

Hey,

I have the same problem.
Every time when fps drop, also gpu usage drops. Here's the screenshot from msi afterburner (red circle: moments when fps and gpu usage drop): https://imgur.com/a/SG8sU

I tried to launch game with opengl (Steam -> Play ETS2 -> Launch game with OpenGL (64-bit), then close the game, launch TruckersMP Launcher as administrator, click "Launch ETS2". Now ETS2MP is working with OpenGL).

And it helped.

However, there was another problem: the game started to "hooking up" (idk how to call it). Every second the game lost some frames. It looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fEMOFaEWQ

Anyway, in both cases the game is unpleasant.

I disagree with u that u have same issue cause ur fps issues are different to mine cause for me the game freezes completely. For me it happens with opengl and directx in both games now since the recent update in ats to the current version.

This Guide is for ATS and/or ETS2.
1. Locate and Secure your Profiles, Copy them to a seperate Folder.
2. Then de-install ATS/ETS2 via Steam and de- install TruckersMP.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Then start searching for all old Folders of TruckersMP and ATS/ETS2 and Delete them. A RegCleaner Software will be helpfull. Sometimes there are "Dumb" Folders/Paths to ATS/ETS2, that were created by the TruckersMP Launcher.
5. When u deleted all Folders, Restart ur PC Again.
6. Log In to Steam-->Rightclick on Steam--->Settings-->Download-->Steam Library Folders-->Add Library Folder---->Choose another Partition or Hdd and mark it as Default Library.
7. After that Procedure, Re- Install ATS/ETS2 via Steam into the new Library, make sure you installing this Version.
important: Check TruckersMP for the actual Versions of the Game, they can be different!!
8. Start the Game in Single Player and check the Version. Create a new Profile, but do not Drive. Close the Game.
9. Search with Windows File Explorer the Path to the ETS/ATS Installation. Keep this Path in Mind.
After that, download the actual Version of TruckersMP, unpack it to a seperate Folder. Install it from this Folder as Administrator.
Make sure that you having the right Path to the Games when you Installing TruckersMP.
You have to check them manually, do not let the Launcher Auto searching for them.
10. After the Installation start the Launcher as Administrator and let him finishing his Downloads. Then start the Multiplayer. If you can Play, close the Game and insert your old Game Pofiles.

15 hours ago, Lord Of The Darkness said:
This Guide is for ATS and/or ETS2.
1. Locate and Secure your Profiles, Copy them to a seperate Folder.
2. Then de-install ATS/ETS2 via Steam and de- install TruckersMP.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Then start searching for all old Folders of TruckersMP and ATS/ETS2 and Delete them. A RegCleaner Software will be helpfull. Sometimes there are "Dumb" Folders/Paths to ATS/ETS2, that were created by the TruckersMP Launcher.
5. When u deleted all Folders, Restart ur PC Again.
6. Log In to Steam-->Rightclick on Steam--->Settings-->Download-->Steam Library Folders-->Add Library Folder---->Choose another Partition or Hdd and mark it as Default Library.
7. After that Procedure, Re- Install ATS/ETS2 via Steam into the new Library, make sure you installing this Version.
important: Check TruckersMP for the actual Versions of the Game, they can be different!!
8. Start the Game in Single Player and check the Version. Create a new Profile, but do not Drive. Close the Game.
9. Search with Windows File Explorer the Path to the ETS/ATS Installation. Keep this Path in Mind.
After that, download the actual Version of TruckersMP, unpack it to a seperate Folder. Install it from this Folder as Administrator.
Make sure that you having the right Path to the Games when you Installing TruckersMP.
You have to check them manually, do not let the Launcher Auto searching for them.
10. After the Installation start the Launcher as Administrator and let him finishing his Downloads. Then start the Multiplayer. If you can Play, close the Game and insert your old Game Pofiles.

I did reinstall and create new profile as well. Nothing helped there. Renamed folder and everything. I wont try a different partition cause I dont have one. But a samsung 850 Pro SSD should do just fine cause it does do fine in any other game.

And to ATS, that was a complete fresh install and I tried playing since the last patch and it worked fine till I needed to update ats due to the recent truckersmp update. And single player works fine in ats and ets. 

The freezes happen only when started with truckersmp Launcher. The only thing I did not do is using a reg cleaner. But I doubt that would change anything.

Cheers

Konstantin

@TheBigK02,

Thank you for this post. I thought I was alone.

I have EXACTLY the same problem which now exists after the recent hacking patches as well. This happens also without even logging into the TMP Client.

Haven't found a way to solve this issue yet. And yes... all the above solutions/help are not working. An extra step which a friend helped me out with was to do a clean wipe of my NVIDIA driver and reinstall it again.

That too unfortunately, didn't work.

And before you ask, yes I did the same as you and followed the above solutions as I was also just trying to desperately solve the issue.

And last thing about the same weird occuring FPS drop+spike, it happens EXACTLY every 5 seconds. 

In addition, like yourself, I play GTAV/GTAVOnline, Guild Wars 2, ETS/ATS on ultra settings with really realllllllllly good FPS. It's only when I start the TMP client and the moment I click ATS/ETS2, this happens, WITHOUT even logging in to any accounts or profiles. The issue basically begins at startup.

I'm now down to 2 options, either the issue exists due to the recent NVIDIA update... or it's the client, sadly.

For now, I'll just have to miss my convoys or even playing MP :(

Also, this occured once - while I tried just playing without bothering about the issue.

It led to a blue screen.. after playing ATSMP for about 2hours (sorry I forgot to see which blue screen error was that)

But yeah.. so it could be a bug with the NVIDIA driver (if that makes sense? I'm sorry I'm not a techie)

Same friend said my driver was fried and probably needs to be changed but I doubt it, as above, I even left other games on for more than half a day, and it's fine.

Lastly, I believe another friend in my VTC is also having the same issue. He too uses NVIDIA.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Archived