Custom skin's in MP

Would be a great idea, but it would have to be moderated for many reasons. (So that would take time)

Also, it would probably require all users to have it downloaded on their client in order for them to view/see the paint scheme.

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

Could be done, if you use like IVAO MTL rules as for an example.
Requirement of minimum drivers in company for skin add would limit to less unused skins. 

Limit companies to truck models for less skins.

Every month or 2nd update of library.

Option for skins can be included in the launcher if you want to download it.
Paintjobs .sii file for all players (which is a few MB's, not much) in the main mod.
Option to download the skins.

Paintjobs .sii file will basically load the texture (skin) if you have downloaded it, else it would just show the basic color that is in the .sii file.
It is the same with DLC, DLC load texture, no DLC load basic color from .sii file.

Anyway, back to work for me...:ph34r:
<?php echo 'It is better to be crazy, then being insane!'; ?>

On 08/02/2018 at 8:32 PM, Syntackz said:

I don't agree with your suggestion. There are 200+ VTC's in community and everyone wants their VTC skin to support MP. It just adds extra work to devs by adding or upgrading skins.We have many paint dlcs so you can just create a paint job which matches to your VTC and also we already have Name tags in game where you can add your VTC name.

If this will be an issue cus lots of people will want one... then maybe add a section on the relevant game section on the forums for "Request a custom skin" or something so that companies can request to have a custom made paintjob added (not made my TMP devs cus too much work ;)) so then it could also be restricted to certain size VTC's or any other requirement(s)...

Anyway I would like something like this implemented if possible.

+1

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now I opened two spoilers and don't know how to delete them ^^ :(

I think they don't have to add a full skin for every VTC, they have to add some modifications on the truck which you can add for example above the front window and then a possibility to write your name on it. I think that would be a big project, but it would be feasible and to be honest I think many players would love it. 

+1

:check:

If this could be implemented so people can get acces to it very easy and it doesn't take too many time to develop then yes.

However I see many downsides on this idea.

1. Lag. The server having to load more skins then normal can cause lag for players (especially with bad PC's)

2. Time consuming. It will probably take a long time to develop this and get it working properly. Is is worth it?

3. Not necessary. It's absolutely not necessary. You can create your own colours like we in Viva have done. You can edit a costum skin (for example edit the colours on the Sunshine skin) 

So a -1 from me. 

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is good, as it encourages the simulation of reality within the game, but TruckersMP is a little limited, there are things that if you make a lot of changes, there may be conflicts within the game.

An example of limitation is that until today, they have not been able to convert Special Transportation to multiplayer, because TruckersMP is a mod and is not something official of SCS.

-1 I do not support because as I mentioned above the multiplayer may have possible errors and also the TMP would have to do a whole VTC system to be something well done, and the question is, would everyone get to see the skin or only VTC members?

+1, Adding in the option for a VTC to have their own paint skin for their trucks is going to be a much better idea because the VTC then can stand out and each VTC will be unique to that skin. At the moment, some VTC's have the same skins and altered colour as there is unfortantley, a lack of choice. Adding this option to have your own, will open up a whole new variety of things that you're able to do.

I think its a good idea :) Would encourage people to join VTC's and make new friends and have an overall more realistic experience. In terms of the "devs don't have enough time" problem I think TMP could recruit new devs who only work on the VTC skins. Then that opens up a whole new world where they could make new official TMP trailer mods etc... I think it would be great :D

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the recent save editing rules coming into play, you are able to set custom skins to your truck and trailer as far as I am aware, however these are only locally affected. I am not for the suggestion as it would create a lot of extra content to manage from the developers side as well as it being unfair to users who are not in a vtc but want a truck skin.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

I think that although this is a great idea I neither agree or disagree to some of the points mentioned. 

Due to the fact there is a lack of skin or paint job choice in-game at the moment wouldn't it be a good idea for players and those who're in a VTC to be able to design their own skin in-game, instead of just picking a paint job and throwing some paint onto it?

Could also have an option to upload your own company logo. 

What I reckon though is that if this thing were implemented where VTC's have their own custom skins in the game, they could be made "unlockable" only when a player is accepted as an employee or member of said VTC even regardless of rank / skill level, yet it would differ between chassis types.

• 3 weeks later...