Custom skin's in MP

• 4 weeks later...

^also, unless the custom skins are available for every player, chances are you’ll cause peoples game to crash because it’s an unknown file that may not be in everyone’s game so it causes the game to think it’s a fatal error and terminate the program. 

So unless every custom skin skin is added to the TMP directory within launch, it’s not going to work. 

Plus, you have to be aware of poly count and such things, if a texture is high res, high poly, anyone with any sort of mid to low spec pc will just lag like crap around anyone with that texture.

all in all, it’s a lot of work for something cosmetic that doesn’t really make a difference. To me, being in a VTC is more of a chore than anything fun and exciting and to only be rewarded with a texture for your trucks? Isn’t really worth slaving away for a “company”, freelance is more fun and less complicated and is a larger majority than VTCs.

• True Story 1

If they need to ask the Devs or somebody who can add this InGame it can take a long time,also adding every member who is joining the VTC needs to be added.

-1 from me.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

This would be an awesome idea, I know myself as a VTC Founder (LGO Logistics) that it can be difficult getting everyones trucks matching with colours. Even if this couldn't work, perhaps some sort of system which allows players to share the exact paint colours of their trucks can work? I have 26 drivers, of which all have a slightly different colour, making some sort of system which allows me to share my exact paint job would be great.

While I would love this to happen, I can't see a way around stopping people from running skins they shouldn't. In turn giving that VTC a ban reputation for poor driving.

I know there's a system in place with the admin cars but not sure on the process of granting those people access. If it was for example some kind of usergroup data base, there were be endless amount of requests for additions and removals.

• True Story 1

This sounds like way too much work. When I was in Convoy Security Group we used a skin that was in the High Power Cargo Pack, but changed the colours. I never saw anyone else using the same skin and it stands out anyway when there is a group of trucks with the same paint job.

Spoiler

ets2-00695_orig.png

Edited by fidget3306
Add Image

I don't agree with your suggestion. There are 200+ VTC's in community and everyone wants their VTC skin to support MP. It just adds extra work to devs by adding or upgrading skins.We have many paint dlcs so you can just create a paint job which matches to your VTC and also we already have Name tags in game where you can add your VTC name.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

UxiKSFa.png

I think it's a really nice idea. We could really see some cool community creations and Truckfests and convoys would be ace. 

I honestly don't think Paint-Jobs for trucks take too much space at all, it would just mean having distribution to all players.

I would love to see this go ahead, but we would need a team who could process paint-jobs and approve them for distribution.
We would just need to be mindful of paintjobs and whats on them (obviously no copyrighted images, nor offensive colours/text) 

but honestly, would love to see it happen! 

+1 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

This is certainly a good Idea but, as @[ETS2MCG] Masunio allready mentioned, eventually there will be so many VTCs that at some point every VTC wants their own paintjob. And someday you will have more repaint-files than actual game-files.

A good alternative is the creation of VTC skins from already existing Paintjobs as many companies already do.

You can also do it so that you can install the paint only for yourself. But then they did not seen by other players.

this is a good idea but not Practical...

Edited by Betjon

error.png

I think that the correct way to implement this, it's a system where every VTC uploads his scs. file where ONLY the paintjob is. So every day the game does a "mini update" where downloads the new files ( the paintjobs are very light files). This can give some problems, like spamming paintjobs that never gonna be used. After all, it's a difficult system to develope but I think it's a great idea.

• True Story 1

I think that's a very good idea. So you can distinguish the different VTC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German