Announcement on the No Damage Mod & Hacking - And a new solution

Penguin

I used the no damage mod. I can't even begin to list how many times it proved to be useful. I support the /fix command, but in it's original state, fixing everything (truck and trailer) when you want.

On these two scenarios, it will benefit the trolls as much as the rest of the good drivers. So it's a lose-win situation.

Here's my proposal. Keep the /fix command. But make it available on request. So people who want it, ask for it. Here's how. Build a ticket-like system where players who want the /fix command can request it. There can be a moderator that can vet your profile and see your punishment history and determine whether you are a suitable candidate. Let's say you have two or less bans in a calendar year (The last 365 days) You qualify for the /fix command and they enable it on your profile. If they deem you to be a risk, i.e., multiple bans on your profile, you don't get the /fix command enabled for you. Trolls will have no fix command here.

Let's say in this proposal I have given, that one who has qualified for the /fix command gets banned. Undeniable evidence proved the ban was given correctly. They lose their /fix privilege for 30 days. if they are banned again, they lose their /fix command for 90 days. They get banned again, they lose their /fix command for a calendar year(here is where you can align how profiles reset after a year)

So in the end people who end up with the /fix command deserve its benefits. Trolls have nowhere to hide when you look at their punishment history. No /fix for them!

12 minutes ago, [JNR-SNR] American Stig said:

It was a great idea until it was modified to not fix trailers anymore. [...] Make it fix both, but also make it cost in game currency.

You cannot do WoT jobs if you use /fix as your damage data is stored on WoT servers. If you use the command, you are almost instantly teleported back to the location of your last quicksave. Which is 90% of the time... on the middle of the road.

I still haven't tested it yet, but now as your trailer is no longer repaired by the command, you might be able to do WoT jobs.

13 minutes ago, 1Purple said:

I support the /fix command, but in it's original state, fixing everything (truck and trailer) when you want.

You might want to update your MP Client. What you have said above is outdated as of this current second.

As for your ideas, kindly wait and read here:

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

In a way I both dislike and like the changes, on one side, banning Trainers does help with the trolls, but it can also hurt those who only use them to stop themselves from being damaged, whether that be by troll or by a glitch within the Physics engine. Most of my damage comes from my Truck wanting to flip while going around a  corner at the speed limit, or me tapping a wall and pinballing from one wall to the other. the /fix command alleviated my frustration at not having the trainers anymore, but I don't think it should have a cooldown from when you log in, I do however agree that there should be one from when you use it. Having like a 5 minute Cool-Down from the moment you use the command is a good idea, but some people need to use it the moment they log in, so having there be a Cool-Down start when you log in just doesn't make sense, it will just cause people to sit still for 5 to 10 minutes so they can do /fix and get on their way. I also believe that /fix should also fix trailers. The World of Truck contracts... honestly I don't do them on ETS2, and I'm not as likely to damage my truck in ATS so I can't say if the damage values are stored by World of Trucks, but I will often load a quick save and have actually seen people load one, so I don't think it would be too much of a hassle.

@RobloxianPLAYS A truck wanting to flip while going around a corner means that you were going too fast for that corner (check that your settings are "show speed limits for trucks", they are not the same as for cars). Tapping a wall means bad driving, and pinballing means, again, going too fast. I drive by the speed limits, never changed the braking intensity or trailer stability and my truck doesn't "want to flip" when I go around corners (maybe with the "tipper" trailer, but that's solved by braking beforehand and turning a bit slower, without touching the brakes). And if for whatever reasons I hit a wall, my truck would usually stop dead right there, not bounce against the other side.

And I don't get that about "some people need to use it the moment they log in". Do you mean that some people may leave the game with their trucks so damaged that when they log in later, they can't move? Easy solution then: They can use /fix before logging out, that way the truck will be as brand new when they come back later.

About fixing trailers, it's been said that it doesn't work with WoT jobs, so it would be unfair to implement an option that gives some players a clear advantage over others. Besides, loading autosaves has not been forbidden, you can still do that to get both truck and trailer fixed, so I don't see the issue. The /fix command, the way it is now, doesn't break the challenge that some of us find about driving 1000+ Km trips trying to deliver the trailers with 0 damage. It's meant for players who, because of some troll or an accident, got too much damage to their trucks and want to keep going without having to teleport to a repair station, think about convoys, you're in one of them, you get damage to your truck, if you teleport, you're out of the convoy and everyone else would need to wait for you or... keep going without you. With /fix, your truck can continue in the convoy, even if the cargo is damaged.

Finally, I've read some replies about this issue? with the command not "fixing" the trailers, arguing that for VTCs it would be best if it did, so everyone could deliver their cargos with 0% damage. I find this reasoning quite weird... If I were running a VTC, I'd want my drivers to deliver 0% damaged trailers, but because of driving carefully and avoiding accidents, not because they can drive like lunatics and once at the delivery point, use a cheat to clear all damage to the trailer. I guess that some people just want to see the good statistics, no matter how they were achieved.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
  • Upvote 2

@FernandoCR [ESP] I understand where you are coming from, but some people just want to do a command, not have to go into a loading screen. I have driven with the settings set to "Show Truck Speed Limit" and was going the speed limit and flipped. The Physics in ETS2 (the only game where I pinball if I tap a wall or flip trying to slow down while turning) are not as good as in ATS. In ATS I can tap the wall going 110mph and simply damage myself, but the truck doesn't want to flip or pinball. Furthermore the reason it should fix trailers is that it just makes sense to. People expect it to, and if it doesn't it could turn people away from TruckersMP. As for it giving some players an advantage over others, how does /fix give those who do freight market jobs an advantage who do External Contracts? ETS2 isn't a competitive game, and TrusckersMP is not a competitive mod. The only times when something is banned in the name of fairness is when it comes to stuff like No Damage or NCZ hacks. Having /fix effect trailers is a good idea. All it does is make it more likely to have no damage when you reach your destination, something that you can already to by driving safely.

3 minutes ago, RobloxianPLAYS said:

Furthermore the reason it should fix trailers is that it just makes sense to. People expect it to, and if it doesn't it could turn people away from TruckersMP

People didn't turn away when there was no /fix, why should they do it now? And people who would turn away because they can't handle some damage to their trailers and no "free-fixing" should not be playing a truck driving simulator, for starters.

5 minutes ago, RobloxianPLAYS said:

As for it giving some players an advantage over others, how does /fix give those who do freight market jobs an advantage who do External Contracts?

People who do external contracts can't use the /fix command if it tries to fix the trailer (as it was at first) because it causes a synchronization error with WoT servers (which had some damage recorded) and this causes the game to send them to a previous save-point. That's the advantage. Someone with freight market jobs could drive whichever way he wanted, crash into everything and deliver with 0% damage, people with WoT jobs could not do that. I know that the game and the mod are not meant as a competition, but when the developers put something in place, they need to think about all of the playerbase, those who like it the arcade mode and those who prefer the simulation mode. I would not like that other players doing freight market jobs (who usually drive way above the speed limits) destroyed my cargo for driving recklessly, knowing that they just need to do /fix and deliver with Excellent while I have to deliver a damaged cargo or even cancel my job.

15 minutes ago, RobloxianPLAYS said:

All it does is make it more likely to have no damage when you reach your destination, something that you can already to by driving safely

But the goal of the game is to reach your destination with no damage by driving safely. Having this tool can encourage some people to not drive safely. Why would they? All they have to do is type /fix right before delivering...

And as last question for all those who are asking for the /fix  to be turned back to what it was: everyone can fix (trolls included), fix works at all times, fix also repairs damage to trailers... Were you playing before the no-damage hacks and the /fix command existed? How did you deal with damage back then? Why is it so difficult to do the same thing now? Honestly, I don't get it.

Personally The /FIX command is good - and you dont need to use it everywhere, Just use it before you drop off your delivery, and/or when your truck/trailer gets so badly damaged it cuts out, simple eh?

The NoDamage mod is basically cheating/hacking/modifying the client/server code which is why it was banned, because it gave others an unfair advantage over those without using the NoDamage.

This /FIX command is actually a lot better, it means you dont need to modify the game code anymore, and its a simple 2-second type in the textbox and BAM! all fixed

@Amiga600 I kinda like the trailer only option :D

35 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

People didn't turn away when there was no /fix, why should they do it now? And people who would turn away because they can't handle some damage to their trailers and no "free-fixing" should not be playing a truck driving simulator, for starters.

People who do external contracts can't use the /fix command if it tries to fix the trailer (as it was at first) because it causes a synchronization error with WoT servers (which had some damage recorded) and this causes the game to send them to a previous save-point. That's the advantage. Someone with freight market jobs could drive whichever way he wanted, crash into everything and deliver with 0% damage, people with WoT jobs could not do that. I know that the game and the mod are not meant as a competition, but when the developers put something in place, they need to think about all of the playerbase, those who like it the arcade mode and those who prefer the simulation mode. I would not like that other players doing freight market jobs (who usually drive way above the speed limits) destroyed my cargo for driving recklessly, knowing that they just need to do /fix and deliver with Excellent while I have to deliver a damaged cargo or even cancel my job.

But the goal of the game is to reach your destination with no damage by driving safely. Having this tool can encourage some people to not drive safely. Why would they? All they have to do is type /fix right before delivering...

And as last question for all those who are asking for the /fix  to be turned back to what it was: everyone can fix (trolls included), fix works at all times, fix also repairs damage to trailers... Were you playing before the no-damage hacks and the /fix command existed? How did you deal with damage back then? Why is it so difficult to do the same thing now? Honestly, I don't get it.

Would you rather have /fix fixing trailers AND cabins, or them allow trainers again? I said that /fix should fix both truck and trailer. I also said that there should be a cool down when you use it, just not a cool-down from when you log in. I understand you don't like the idea and I'm not going to force you to, I'm simply saying that this is a feature that needs to return as it is useful for those normal folk who do the Freight Market jobs. Nobody said YOU had to use it.

@RobloxianPLAYS I'd rather play the game the way i'ts meant to be played, no hacks, no cheats, no save-editing, no magic-fix. I've only cheated (using no-damage trainer) when I saw that the only way to avoid damage was to go into empty servers or "hack" the damages in the crowded servers. Because lots of people were using no-damage mods and didn't give a **** about driving carefully and/or respecting others. I know that I can achieve this by playing offline, but what's wrong in hoping that I'll be able to do it in MP as well? Anything preventing players from hacking, cheating for gaining any advantages over others will be wellcomed by me. Since WoT jobs' trailers can't be fixed, then no trailers should have that option. If you can drive carefully, you said yourself that you follow the speed limits, why do you need so desperately a tool to fix your trailer? If a troll rams your truck you can always load a previous autosave (which used to be the solution, back in the day, if your trailer was too damaged). I haven't been driving a lot these days (family holidays, you know), but I've managed to deliver some jobs with 0% damage without mods, hacks, cheats or /fix commands. And I'm not a good driver, so if I can do it, anyone else can.

3 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@RobloxianPLAYS I'd rather play the game the way i'ts meant to be played, no hacks, no cheats, no save-editing, no magic-fix. I've only cheated (using no-damage trainer) when I saw that the only way to avoid damage was to go into empty servers or "hack" the damages in the crowded servers. Because lots of people were using no-damage mods and didn't give a **** about driving carefully and/or respecting others. I know that I can achieve this by playing offline, but what's wrong in hoping that I'll be able to do it in MP as well? Anything preventing players from hacking, cheating for gaining any advantages over others will be wellcomed by me. Since WoT jobs' trailers can't be fixed, then no trailers should have that option. If you can drive carefully, you said yourself that you follow the speed limits, why do you need so desperately a tool to fix your trailer? If a troll rams your truck you can always load a previous autosave (which used to be the solution, back in the day, if your trailer was too damaged). I haven't been driving a lot these days (family holidays, you know), but I've managed to deliver some jobs with 0% damage without mods, hacks, cheats or /fix commands. And I'm not a good driver, so if I can do it, anyone else can.

then by all means do so, but don't expect others to do the same. We can do /fix if WE want to, while you deal with your damage your way let us deal with it in our way. /Fix was added so that people who used the No Damage mod to protect themselves from the trolls could still remove any damage they received from a troll. I never said you had to USE /fix, I simply asked that you respect those who want to use it as it originally was. I'd personally would rather load a quicksave when I do an External Contract when deal with damage from a troll. I don't do /fix if I damage myself because I underestimate my turning radius or something, which has happened, but if I get rammed by a troll I generally want to remove any damage done to my trailer. if they are going to make it so that you NEED to have a trailer to do /fix then why not have it fix the trailer as well, otherwise you might as well let people use it even if they don't have a trailer. 

8 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

And I'm not a good driver, so if I can do it, anyone else can.

just because YOU can deliver something W/O damage without using mods cheats or hacks doesn't mean we can. Like I said earlier, most of my damage comes from the truck trying to tip while turning at the speed limit, even the truck speed limit. The trucks hare more top-heavy in ETS2 then they are in real life. Seriously, look up European Trucks Turning and Flipping, you will see them traveling at a higher speed then I go around a corner at. I can go the car speed limit around a corner in American Truck Simulator and not worry about flipping my truck or pinballing around. Seriously, in California where the Truck speed limit is 55mph, I can go the car speed limit of 70 around the corner and not even leave my lane. But I go the Truck speed limit around a corner in ETS? Nah I'll leave my lane, and that's IF I don't flip. In American Truck Simulator,  I might hit a wall but I won't flip. In ETS2 I WILL hit a wall, or flip. I'm American, so i can vouch for the validity of the following statement: Trucks in the US are not as Top heavy as in ETS2. They are capable of turning at higher speeds. If you can deliver something undamaged W/O using mods or hacks or cheats then good for you. You are a better driver than you think you are. Trust me when I say this, /Fix as it was when it was first added, is a good idea. Maybe if you found a way to check to see if you are doing an External Contract or a Freight Market contract, and have it refuse to work on those doing an External Contract? IDK.

On this issue, the stance of the TruckersMP team is not firm, which is doubtful, which brings some uncertainties to the future development.

So the decisions that TruckersMP sometimes make are paradox, which shows that their team is still defective and inadequate in some ways.

When the cheating tool has lost its role in the MP, I believe that this is what most users hope, and this proportion is still not small.

There will be a situation where some users complain that No damage mod loses its function in MP, and they will feel sad

^TruckersMP in order to solve this problem, they added a /fix function

There is a situation in which they also say that the /fix function is optional, and if you don't like it, you can give up it.

TruckersMP may not have thought that such a small community change would cause a considerable amount of controversy.

We should understand that, with regard to the no damage problem, TruckersMP does not need to add a solution

Sometimes some controversial decisions do not give users a better game experience, and users may become more annoyed.

11 minutes ago, TACHOGRAPH said:

We should understand that, with regard to the no damage problem, TruckersMP does not need to add a solution

So true. Thanks! Some people think that they have the right to use it and not just that, the right to demand that the tool works the way they want it to. They need to understand that it is a "gift" from the developers and it's the developers' choice to keep it, modify it or remove it completely.

Just now, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

So true. Thanks! Some people think that they have the right to use it and not just that, the right to demand that the tool works the way they want it to. They need to understand that it is a "gift" from the developers and it's the developers' choice to keep it, modify it or remove it completely.

I never said that I had a right to use it I said that I simply wish it would fix the trailers. I mean, what's the point of having it only work if you have a trailer if it doesn't even fix the bloody trailers? you might as well have it work for EVERYONE, even if they DON'T have a trailer.

9 minutes ago, TACHOGRAPH said:

On this issue, the stance of the TruckersMP team is not firm, which is doubtful, which brings some uncertainties to the future development.

So the decisions that TruckersMP sometimes make are paradox, which shows that their team is still defective and inadequate in some ways.

When the cheating tool has lost its role in the MP, I believe that this is what most users hope, and this proportion is still not small.

There will be a situation where some users complain that No damage mod loses its function in MP, and they will feel sad

^TruckersMP in order to solve this problem, they added a /fix function

There is a situation in which they also say that the /fix function is optional, and if you don't like it, you can give up it.

TruckersMP may not have thought that such a small community change would cause a considerable amount of controversy.

Sometimes some controversial decisions do not give users a better game experience, and users may become more annoyed.

Partially agree with what you said. And I suspect that within the team there are divided opinions regarding this issue.

Also there are players in the MP that tend to play as a GTA V like environment, and others that play the game as it is intended. In the community there are voices that will always like "/fix", no speed limits, cars, and maybe one day they might want a self driving truck so they do not have to do anything or damage the goods, rather than play the game!

This is a simulation game and the MP should be an ONLINE SIMULATION ENVIRONMENT. I really reject any ideas that gradually transform this MOD into a very different concept from what the original ETS2 is in reality: simulator.

• Upvote 2

Te90AGT.png k8GwANi.png 

1 hour ago, RobloxianPLAYS said:

I never said that I had a right to use it I said that I simply wish it would fix the trailers. I mean, what's the point of having it only work if you have a trailer if it doesn't even fix the bloody trailers? you might as well have it work for EVERYONE, even if they DON'T have a trailer.

When a truck driver goes to a repair shop to fix his truck because of damage, the repair shop is not allowed to repair the trailer, unless the company that owns the trailer says yes. its the same way here, your contracted to take a trailer from point A to point B. Cant fix it if you damage it. This is why i am glad the /flix is only for your truck. its more realistic. Hence why this is a simulation game.

• Like 1

signature.png

Fixing the trailer was a good thing, especially for tmies when a troll hits you and ruins your cargo. That was a good thing for some players that carry long distances carefully an then some child gets out of no where and bam hits you for no reason... bravo you ruined my truck and my cargo truck can be repaired thats not and issue but cargo...

• Like 1

Tastes like RoadKill

1 hour ago, Sokarca73 said:

Fixing the trailer was a good thing, especially for tmies when a troll hits you and ruins your cargo. That was a good thing for some players that carry long distances carefully an then some child gets out of no where and bam hits you for no reason... bravo you ruined my truck and my cargo truck can be repaired thats not and issue but cargo...

^^^^
This guy has the right idea :D

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, Sokarca73 said:

you can now deliver the load. When the trolls damage you, you will repair your burden and the fee will not be cut. but when your truck is flying? :troll:

• Haha 1

Honestly, One of the worst things added to this game, Ever. I'd rather play singleplayer then this now. F7 is now required everytime when someone rams you under 500 seconds, Really not a good update. Also, Why don't you just REMOVE damage from other vehicles ingame completely? (If that is possible) People keep ramming me, Especially on EU2. It'd be better to have mods, That don't affect anyone else. Like no damage mods. No damage mods we're, And are still way better then this solution for ramming, I think if people keep ramming me over and over again and again, I'm going to have to say a goodbye to TruckersMP, Because since this update, I've had many rage quits ingame, Why? Rammers that not only RUIN you're Freight job, But also your truck. As I said, You'd be better of removing damage then have this, Let's hope they allow No damage mods again, Later on........