Announcement on the No Damage Mod & Hacking - And a new solution

Penguin

^

More of getting rid of the standard practice or norm (if you will) with regards to the fight against trolls.

Also allows people whose intentions are to move toward a more realistic environment (EU1) to be able to have a command that comes in handy, JUST IN CASE it's needed.

After all if you are one of those diehard realistic peeps, you can choose not to use it at all.

Imho, new things are good to try out. There's pros and cons for everything in life. 

I'd give it a chance myself.

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

1 hour ago, MettleMeat said:

^

More of getting rid of the standard practice or norm (if you will) with regards to the fight against trolls.

Also allows people whose intentions are to move toward a more realistic environment (EU1) to be able to have a command that comes in handy, JUST IN CASE it's needed.

After all if you are one of those diehard realistic peeps, you can choose not to use it at all.

Imho, new things are good to try out. There's pros and cons for everything in life. 

I'd give it a chance myself.

Honestly, I never really had a single troll in ats. But when I hit something no fix command, or mods I deal with it.

4 minutes ago, D4NNY #RipGrandma said:

I am the same i never see very many players on ats so it is very rarely i get trolled

Yea, and when you look at it Euro Truck Simulator 2 released on October 19, 2012. Which was about 4 years and 3 months ago. American Truck Simulator released on February 2, 2016.  So it all makes sense.

does /fix cost money? if not you have just release the ultimate best tool for trolls..

ramm player, free fix, do it again.. -.-

there has to be another way to really deal with trolls!

if it does cost money to /fix ive said nothing.

also.. i only do wot jobs.. why? im affected with the economy bug.. i have no normal jobs in mp regardless what i do! so its not only the perfect troll tool but also usless to me.

Edited by sgpch1983
  • True Story 1

sysp-73354.png

6 minutes ago, sgpch1983 said:

does /fix cost money? if not you have just release the ultimate best tool for trolls..

ramm player, free fix, do it again.. -.-

there has to be another way to really deal with trolls!

if it does cost money to /fix ive said nothing.

no. they do not get paid. Also money is not forbidden. so it does not provide a change for the trolls. =p 

^^ i feel like you didnt get what i was saying here.. again:

fixing damage the normal way costs money.. if /fix does not cost money its a free tool for trolls to ramm, fix, repeat!

i said costs not get!

a solution to the troll problem would be more admins.. but that topic is talked about in an other thread :)

Edited by sgpch1983

sysp-73354.png

Using the /fix command gives you free repair without having to visit a service station.

I agree, trolls may find this the perfect situation to troll even more. However, trolls like to annoy you by making you teleport to service and pay for repairs. With this command, you can instantly fix yourself without any trouble. The further we look into the future, the quicker trolls will lose interest as they gain no profit in it anymore since you don't need to teleport or load saves.

We are currently evaluating the feedback we get in regards to the command and the simulation server, but it's a bit too soon to give any statement to that already. 

To add on the fact that we blocked similar 3rd party tools and added it ourselves afterwards, it has nothing to do with it not having our name on it. Many of those tools needs to be downloaded from dodgy websites, might include malware and likely include other hacks. By providing this as a built-in service, we have better control over what is being used and how it is being used. Everything gets logged and abuse will be easier to detect and punish.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

is it possible to add?: If a troll has been reported, put it into no collision (like Ghost Mode when you spawn) so you can pass if he is blocking the road or he can't deal more damage if is causing multiple raming.

Sorry if I didn't explained it very well.

@scarface0359

Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky
  • Upvote 1

I understand trolls deal damage. But the basic stop and pause can help you. And when receiving damage from the Troll - AutoSave. 

I described another problem associated with the fearlessness of the drivers and frequency of accidents among ordinary drivers.

10 minutes ago, [ICG] [23]ThunderSky said:

is it possible to add?: If a troll has been reported, put it into no collision (like Ghost Mode when you spawn) so you can pass if he is blocking the road or he can't deal more damage if is causing multiple raming.

Sorry if I didn't explained it very well.

@scarface0359

9 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

i feel like you didnt get what i was saying here.. again:

fixing damage the normal way costs money.. if /fix does not cost money its a free tool for trolls to ramm, fix, repeat!

i said costs not get!

a solution to the troll problem would be more admins.. but that topic is talked about in an other thread :)

ovv, I thought the wrong mean. You're right. I m sorry. I agree with you this post. :wub:

I have a suggestion. /fix command works only when you have Truck+trailer. well if skoda car and truck without trailer gets damage, they need to use f7+enter to repair. This will be useful.Most of the time i have seen trollers using skoda or only truck to drive.If they ramm you they will get damage and you can fix by using command /fix but they can't. If a trollers ramm with trailer, you can always record and report him.:)

• Upvote 1

UxiKSFa.png

the 10 minute cooldown is a great idea :) Its a pity it will no longer fix trailers :( that was one of my fave things about the /fix command because if trolls ram your trailer you could repair it and get paid fully for you job :) but I'm guessing it no longer fixing trailers has something to do with WOT? which is understandable with the WOT  problem with /fix

Edited by Killua // Ireland ^_^

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

as much as I like the /fix possibilities now, I would do exact opposite of what it does now... let player with cargo repair Only the cargo, meaning trolls still have to repair and you can't drive around like maniac, because you still have to pay for repairs/teleport to service centers

• I believe that this change is good, but I find that trollers do not care much about if their truck gets damaged. Most have 100's of millions in the banks. This may be hard to program and this may be even impossible, but I believe that after getting hit by another players truck, for 2 minutes, you should be able to use a form of the fix command where it rolls back your damage  on the truck and trailer by around 5 minutes (before the ram or accident.) Not all realism players are recording and can have the rammer banned. This will protect players attempting to play for realism from having their entire job ruined by one player.

@zhandJindagi Yes, you can but.. really? <_< Use an original truck, it will be much funny. Or just buy the volvo..

For all that doesn't know, the Scania isn't the only one that have V8 engine.

Mercedes.Actros and Man have V8 engine too ;)

• True Story 1

It was a great idea until it was modified to not fix trailers anymore.  Some of us run serious and actually want to turn a profit.  We can't when a TROLL decides that we are the target and deals the trailer 100% Damage.  Make it fix both, but also make it cost in game currency.  The cooldown is a great idea.  That should stay.