Announcement on the No Damage Mod & Hacking - And a new solution

Penguin

4 hours ago, itzzkolt said:

It is actually kind of funny how people justify the ban on the no damage mod because it discourages "simulation".  I said this before and I'll say it again because people don't want to come to the realization - it's a 100% client side mod that has ZERO effect to the multiplayer.  People are praising this restriction for absolutely nothing.  What is going to hurt if someone rams me head on at C-D and I just drive off like nothing happened?   It should be left to the players discretion.  Being a multi-billionaire truck driver isn't also considered "simulation".  

They love pampering, and licking; you know... They cry really hard when someone crashes into them, have gigabytes of instant replay archives waiting for upload for reporting, basically they are mistaking reallife with virtue.

This is what happens when one takes things way too serious... Mental depression.

I believe that the command /fix it is desirable to remove. My opinion is that it is now safely on the roads of multiplayer can not go because all the drivers simply will not take care of your truck and trailer! They will not reduce speed, be afraid to make dangerous maneuvers to cuddle! And that's not to mention the trolls! That is a very scary situation...

new /fix feature is good, but rammers and trollers may use it like a no damage mod. i dont see any diffrence between /fix and no damage mod. but good thing.

what ever you do, you cant stop any trollers or rammers. they will still ram, if there wasnt /fix command, they would just load their save files and ram people again.

the point is; no damage removal and adding /fix is same thing. both can be exploited. even so, save game can be also exploited.

9 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

Great to add the fix command to the console to repair the truck. Meets halfway between this game being a simulation and people who want to use the no damage mod.

But can thay command be time limited? Like you can use it only once every 15 or 30 minutes?

So people cannot just drive like morons all the time and still get their load 100% delivered

then a feature like /fix is useless, you can just f7 rather than waiting 15-30minutes. also you get rammed every 2-3 minute

Reading some of the point against /fix,  I can see a cooldown of at least an hour of real time would be helpful to reduce the /fix abuse for ramming / reckless driving.

Your thoughts?

I agree. /fix command can be used by trolls and reckless drivers as a backdoor to not to use no-damage mod rule. Personaly I never used any mod (more than 120 loads delivered) and in a past month used C-D road only once (2 times I've modified automatic route not to go there) but there are many trolls in crowded areas. /fix command cooldown ie. 60min could be half-solution to this problem. Other solution in my opinion could be no damage taken from cars (truck and trailer), it's mass reduction because I saw that sometimes car launches truck and trailers sky high and restriction that only players that played min. 2 months can buy it. Other solution is that before min. 10 hours of gameplay on servers player will have ghost mode on, which will prevent banned troll to instant comeback.

2 hours ago, Cant Touch This said:

then a feature like /fix is useless, you can just f7 rather than waiting 15-30minutes. also you get rammed every 2-3 minute

I do not think the /fix command is to fix your truck directly after a little damage. 
It is more when you arrive at the destination to fix the truck, if it was hammered by trolls. (Unless your truck has gotten a lot of damage).
At least that should be the case in my opinion. 

Getting rammed every 2-3 minutes? I never experienced it. And I have been playing on EU2 when it was busy near A'Dam and Brussel.
I once had a troll who wanted to mess with me, I just put the truck on the right side of the road, put my emergency lights on and just waited.
After a few minutes the troll had enough of me not doing anything and went on finding a other target.

Trolls are just like bullies, they love the reaction they get of trolling people.
Do not pay attention to the trolls, do not shout at them in-game (shout at your screen if you want to).
Do not even tell them Rec and rep or such things.
Act like they do not exist. 
When trolls do not get any reaction anymore from ramming people, than it is just flying trucks and that gets bored easily.

They should be a cooldown on the fix command to avoid abuses from troll, maybe not an hour like it was sugested by at least 10-15 minutes. This way, trolls can not ram, fix and then instantly ram other players and have to wait.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2018 at 11:15 PM, Penguin said:

UPDATE (2017-01-09 22:45 UTC):
With the new /fix command fixing your truck and trailer in game, you have a solution to some of your problems!

252.gif

Suggestion: reported player should not be able to use the /fix command. So if i report someone, it can't repair. And is it possible to remove the ability to repair to Mechanic untill the next log-in, if you are reported? So the troll must way 400 queue players when he have to repair. He will stop i think xD

Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky

8 minutes ago, chickennnnnnnnnnnn said:

If a guy is going faster than 90 km/h on a flat surface, then the person is a speedhacker?

No necessarily it honestly depends on the truck.  With no trailer no. With a trailer it is a little bit you could say they were but i doubt it. 

Edit: Not necessarily it honestly depends on the truck.  With no trailer, no. With a trailer it is a little bit you could say they were but i doubt it. 

1 hour ago, Lukas [LTU] said:

Stop crying............ Fix command is awesome. Nothing can stop rammer but this command help you. If you get rammed you just fix yourself and go away. Whats the problem ? 

If you're doing WoT jobs, you get rammed, you can't fix yourself. But the rammer can. That's the problem. Got it now? Advantage for rammers and trolls, disadvantage for serious players.

23 minutes ago, chickennnnnnnnnnnn said:

If a guy is going faster than 90 km/h on a flat surface, then the person is a speedhacker?

No way. I can go 90 Km/h on a flat surface, with a 25 tons trailer, and there are lots of other players overtaking. Even in EU#1, the forced speed limiter is set to 110 Km/h and in EU#2 or any other non-limited servers, it's normal to see trucks going up to 160 Km/h. This is not speedhacking, it's just powerful trucks driven by not so powerful minds.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

If you got reported, your fun is to damage or block players. Only 1% of peoples that get reported, is for wrong or fail. 

I hope this is just a "beta command" for major fix and changes. If not, this is just like the No Damage. But that was usefull with the World Of Trucks jobs too.

They should add /fixON and /fixOFF

Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky