ATSMP Status Update

HumaneWolf

We know we haven't said much about ATS and ATSMP for a while, so we're gonna attempt to catch up a bit here.

ATS is not forgotten, and not dropped. The reason ATS still is not updated is because it is a different version compared to ETS2.

American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 share a lot of code, and normally this helps us a lot, as when SCS release updates for both games at the same time we can do a lot of the work once then apply it to both games. However, in this case SCS has released an ATS update with older code, while ETS2 has gotten a newer release. This means it would take literally more than twice the normal time to update both games - since we have to support both new features and old versions.

As this is a hobby project, and we all do this for free besides our jobs, school, studies, and personal life, we have to prioritize our time. Because of this, we made a decision not to update ATS to the current version. Instead, we plan to update ATSMP as soon as possible when ATS hits version 1.30, where ETS2 is now.

We know it's frustrating when it seem like we are ignoring the issue, and you hear nothing about it. We are sorry about this situation.

Additionally, I would like to remind about why the US ATS server is down. This is for security reasons, following a design flaw in nearly all modern CPUs. It applies to several other of our non-EU servers as well, and more information is available here.

Keep on trucking,

• The TruckersMP Team and Developers

View post on homepage

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

This decision could have been earlier, before you started working on 1.29 ATSMP. I think that would have prevented a lot of rage - and a lot of work for you.

At least the players know now an approximate time when the patch will be released. Now it's not necessary to worry about that probably both WoT tiers have to be completed in SP. It's sure now :/

Nvm I get the reason, but I would appreciate if the players had a more in-depth look in the work of the developers. For example, SCS announces what they are working on at the moment, and they also give an approximate release month (and specify a date as soon as they know it). And I think this way is better than saying "soon" because soon could be in 5 minutes but also in 5 months.

I also think must of the harm we experienced on the  forums was caused due to lack of information.

All in all, seems like it's now necessary to wait for SCS until they update the game... won't take that long, I hope.

8 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

This decision could have been earlier, before you started working on 1.29 ATSMP. I think that would have prevented a lot of rage - and a lot of work for you.

The decision itself was made a while ago. We should however have been more open about it, but we had some hope that ATS would be updated quicker than it actually turns out to be.

• True Story 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Thank you for this info, that is all I think ATS MP players wanted to know, more open in the how what why of course within reason.

The reason and the descision you made for ATS at this time is well explained  and makes sense.

Wish it was explained sooner but on the other hand it is explained now. Better late then never :D

Hope SCS will update ATS on short term cause they did say in november/december 2017 ATS will go to v1.30 as soon as ETS2 goes to v1.30 and has it's DLC's released, only looks like SCS forgot about that :(

Meaning your hands are tied at the moment.

Again thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.

• Community Manager

Thank you for informing the community. Even with me not being a coder, I probably could have thought that since ATS is in 1.29 and ETS2 is in 1.30, the code was completely different as they are two different versions. I think you guys have made the right decision, and I think everyone else can agree. :)

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

As this is a hobby project, and we all do this for free besides our jobs, school, studies, and personal life, we have to prioritize our time

I must say this reasoning baffles me. SCS makes huge profits from this game thanks mostly to your MP mod. Without it, the game would be long dead for most people. Like me, most people would be done with it after few dozen hours in SP and have no incentive to buy DLCs. The ONLY reason I recently bought many dlcs to both games, and even a wheel, is your mp mod. Absolute majority of my friends who play this game have it same. Long story short, you are SCS cash cow, they are buying new mansions all over the world thanks to this mod (or they could be).

And you are telling people that you do this as a free hobby? Like, SCS did not even reach you to strike some deal with you? To give you at least symbolic support, so you can keep up the app that rains gold from sky on them? To me this is outrageous. SCS games always felt a bit under-invested to me, especially when ETS2 is on top of so many steam charts for years. If you are really doing this 100% free... maybe it is admirable, but also a bit...

Do you guys even recognize that you have huge negotiating power with SCS? If you would threaten to shut this mod down, or stop supporting new game versions and DLCs, they have to listen to you. Without this mod, this game has a fraction of its value to many people, especially those who spend on DLCs because of MP. Without any emotion needed, I can say both ATS and ETS2 are completely dead to me the moment this mod goes down.

To be clear, I very much appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this game. It just really do not understand why are you doing it for free.

• Upvote 1

American Truck Simulator 1.30 Update

In the frenzy of releases at the end of last year, we have not managed to sync the codebases of American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 to the same revision. With multiple builds of games and DLC to pass through QA, we did not have enough testing capacity to dedicate to this update. The 1.29 revision was solid and working, and we didn't want to risk releasing a new build just a day or two before starting our whole-company vacation, only to find out that a hotfix is needed immediately. It was deemed safer to live with known little glitches for a few weeks rather than to risk introducing an unknown game-breaking bug.

ats 1.30 released

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Regex said:

American Truck Simulator 1.30 Update

In the frenzy of releases at the end of last year, we have not managed to sync the codebases of American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 to the same revision. With multiple builds of games and DLC to pass through QA, we did not have enough testing capacity to dedicate to this update. The 1.29 revision was solid and working, and we didn't want to risk releasing a new build just a day or two before starting our whole-company vacation, only to find out that a hotfix is needed immediately. It was deemed safer to live with known little glitches for a few weeks rather than to risk introducing an unknown game-breaking bug.

ats 1.30 released

now the wait for the next reason begins .... :P