Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Can't see other players

Question

This is hard to describe but I can sometimes not see other players. 

Sometimes I'll start playing and everything will seem fine, a couple players will be moving around. Sometimes I look at the live map and will see many more than I can see around me (selecting the same server I'm on only). I've also played with friends on the same server and have confirmed they see others and me, but I'll be unable to see them and most of those other trucks. Sometimes even the ones I can see will randomly freeze in place and stop moving. Some other times I'll start playing and see no trucks at all as well (again confirming there are on the map/through friends). 

I've tried checking file integrity through Steam, reinstalling TMP, running as administrator, changing servers, making a new profile, deleting the config, adding firewall rules for TMP, restarting the game, restarting my computer, but nothing seems to fix it. It really defeats the purpose of playing multiplayer if I can't see players, and could even easily get me banned if I accidentally run into people without being able to see them.

8 answers to this question

Do you see their names or do you see NOTHING of them? (No names, no avatars, no tags, etc. ?)

Sometimes the players are popping up in front of me, too! 

But you describe it completely weird! hm..

Did you try to launch ETS 2 MP on another computer (But in your home)?

Edited by GGF MD

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Hello,

I have this issue sometimes and it usually occurs when I take a job the minute I get into the server or I start driving as soon as I am connected. The way I fixed this issue, I loaded into the server and sat for a minute to allow my internet to catch up. 

Depending on your internet speeds will sometimes determine the speed that the other players truck models load in for you to see. I do hope this helped/

Regards.

This could be a firewall issue. Check to see if you have a software firewall running on your computer or go through your home router and see if there is any sort of filtering options setup. It could be possible that your firewall is blocking incoming packets. And PLEASE don't drive around if you can't see other players. You could end up driving through them even though they are there causing you to wreck others in what is similar to a no collision hack.

Edited by JeffSFC

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

1 hour ago, Velaurius said:

If you're using a router please connect directly to the internet 

That's a terrible idea.

1 hour ago, GGF MD said:

Do you see their names or do you see NOTHING of them? (No names, no avatars, no tags, etc. ?)

Sometimes the players are popping up in front of me, too! 

But you describe it completely weird! hm..

Did you try to launch ETS 2 MP on another computer (But in your home)?

I see nothing of them. I haven't tried another computer but I doubt the computer itself is the problem as it's up to date in all components.

50 minutes ago, [TSRVTC-CC] Michael Jacks said:

Hello,

I have this issue sometimes and it usually occurs when I take a job the minute I get into the server or I start driving as soon as I am connected. The way I fixed this issue, I loaded into the server and sat for a minute to allow my internet to catch up. 

Depending on your internet speeds will sometimes determine the speed that the other players truck models load in for you to see. I do hope this helped/

Regards.

I've tried waiting around with no avail. My download/upload is 50/10 Mbps so speed shouldn't be a problem. I'm getting around 100-200 ping on EU servers, being located in Canada, which isn't ideal but shouldn't cause any major issues either.

26 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

This could be a firewall issue. Check to see if you have a software firewall running on your computer or go through your home router and see if there is any sort of filtering options setup. It could be possible that your firewall is blocking incoming packets. And PLEASE don't drive around if you can't see other players. You could end up driving through them even though they are there causing you to wreck others in what is similar to a no collision hack.

As I've said I've already allowed both TMP and ETS2 through the firewall, on all domains and protocols. One idea I haven't tried is port forwarding, any idea what ports TMP is using? The thing with this bug is it seems to be happening randomly so I may see players at first and then eventually they'll just stop appearing without me having an easy way to know it's happening besides intuition.

You can try, 

You can also try resetting the Winsock Catalog

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter

step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

step 4: restart your computer

Additionally, 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

Last resort:

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

into a command prompt window