Advanced GPS Icons

KacaKTV

Suggestion Name: 

ADVANCED GPS ICONS

Suggestion Description: 

Everyone seems as a dot on GPS, I think it's time for those icons to change. With the advent of the new icons, the game will be better and more understandable. Instead of those "dot icons", realistic icons should be added.

For example, if someone drives a skoda, there should be a skoda icon on GPS or if he drives a truck, there should be truck icon on GPS. It can be developed even more by adding a truck with trailer icon on GPS if they have trailer too. If you ask why we need this, when we overtake a vehicle or when we just drive on our way, we can not understand from gps if they're coming across or going in front of us. But under favour of advanced icons, we'll be able to see which way truck's nose looks or understand if it's a truck or skoda so it'll be more comfortable and guaranteed drive. This option will be selectionable and If you want, you'll be able to use old GPS icons.

Any example images: 

Default GPS Icons

Yg24rE.jpg

Advanced GPS Icons

(I made images in big size to make icons more understandable)

D7V34m.jpg

Why should it be added?:

To be more understandable

Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,

KacaKTV

Edited by KacaKTV
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Although I do understand this idea's benefits, I'd rather it be optional because I don't want my GPS becoming cluttered.

Think about how that would look when there's 150-200 people in one spot, at that point it would become useless. Even if the size is reduced.

That being said, I don't remember seeing the dots in the UI files, maybe they could be added there so anybody can change it to their liking?

• Like 2

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

By changing icons on a GPS you simply cannot make the game more understandable, There's more to it than what you see. And game will never be better as long as there are trolls in the game blocking and ramming others.

You want to bring realism to the game? There's better ways in the game like speed limiting highways to what they are in real life, having real time weather,etc. Icons don't bring any realism at all. On the topic of GPS, how often do you see truck's , car's ,bike's ,cyclists on your car GPS? or hell even google maps. Nope, Unless your car is a Tesla. So suggesting this in a truck is far from reality. 

On your case of overtaking, Use your mirrors, why do you need to look at your GPS than the road and mirrors?

Quoting you here:

35 minutes ago, KacaKTV said:

we'll be able to see which way truck's nose looks or understand if it's a truck or skoda so it'll be more comfortable and guaranteed drive.

Ok so what if a "truck's nose" or "skoda's nose" is infront of you and coming towards you or behind you and coming across, How can you guarantee that he/she will not ram you with these so called advanced icons?

So after bringing validation to what you said with my points, Big -1 from me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

19 hours ago, KacaKTV said:

If you ask why we need this, when we overtake a vehicle or when we just drive on our way, we can not understand from gps if they're coming across or going in front of us. But under favour of advanced icons, we'll be able to see which way truck's nose looks or understand if it's a truck or skoda so it'll be more comfortable and guaranteed drive.

I strongly recommend to keep your eyes on the road instead on the GPS screen.

You should not make an overtaking manoeuvre depend on icons on a GPS screen. Use your eyes, mirrors and common sense instead.

• Upvote 1

@KacaKTV @MrHarv98

It's true that it's a bit complicated. However, there are also those who play this game as a real Simulator. I want to use this icon when I make a realistic ride. but the old icon must be selected from the settings. the new design will add a different air. this change is necessary. he must come on the following terms. with two icon options in the settings.

I will give you a valuable +1 

Personalły, it’s bad at the moment with how bunched up and cluttered the gps gets with dots, so with car and truck icons, it’s just going to be a nightmare to tell what is what. An alternative keeping to the idea of displaying what someone is drive, it would be cool if in the tab menu it told you in a extra column what people are driving, similar to your idea except less cluttered. 

Also, about a year ago at least, I personally made a suggestion to change the map icons with different, selectable icons of your choosing, allowing you to see what’s around you, so this is pretty much the same as my post, except just 1 specific set of icons, not my players choice.  

It's not a good idea, and I know, "dot icons", it's defective, I don't think there's a good way to do it

Nothing can be done. I think it's better to be careful to drive, watch the road condition, and control the speed, then it will be safe.

Think this is pretty hard to get it in game. I already like the point that you can see other players so i dont need to open my tab everytime

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it will be very nice and I think TruckersMP Team will consider this

[TR] Bence çok güzel olur ve bence TruckersMP Ekibi bunu Düşünecegine Eminim

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...