Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Automatically kick players who spam their horn

On 1/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

as the others have said, an auto kick isn't what is needed, record and report the people spamming their horn. the times when I use the air horns is a.) to warn someone that they are trying to merge when it isn't safe to and I use a 1 to 2 second blast from the horn as a warning. or b.) to say hello to a fellow driver that is going by in the opposite direction, and It is 2 short beeps.

Same here :)

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with automatically kick players who spam their horn or at least warn them that they are disrespecting and disturbing people around them but i don't think they should be disabled. At least on Europa 2 on C-D or Bergen-Oslo, the horns are continuously horning and maybe it can be done something about it.  Also it's true that they abuse the CB radio source as @*Ulises* said. They like to swear and say bad words about one another. 

• 10 months later...
On 3/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, enex SLOVENIA said:

First we need to establish what is annoying/bannable worth offence of spamming horns.

Where is the point where productive use of honking turns into annoyance

How to prevent that, and how to encourage correct use of honking.

So first question would be holding key for more then 4seconds. Take example from real life. I have never had example in my 6 years of driving

where someone would honk at someone for more than 4 seconds (if you have I feel like this is nearing to road rage levels).

So this is the game obviously we are online with no repercussions (compared

to real life)so wicked use that because they can and know they won't be punished.

Second question would be dealing with spam. First of all anyone banned should lose ability to honk. While its bad that they can't use it to warn

in case they use as civilized people would (short honks) it creates small incentive where they would not want to lose that ability so they might

not break rules as often as they would like.

Forward: When horn key/air horn/screamer is held for more than 4 seconds you get red message. "Spamming horns for more then 4 seconds is bannable offence".

Now this sets the tone: It tells you for how long is legal to use it, and that it breaks the rule.

Before going into "kicking from server territory", I would like to see 3 month test of revised rule about honking. Right now and correct me if I'm wrong spamming

honking doesn't seem bannable offence. Rules tells that is not allowed to spam horn in cities but I have never actually seen rule enforced in a report (website reports)

So revise the rules to spamming horns is bannable offence for this set amount of time, everywhere and let GM enforce this rules whether in reports or in game.

If this doesn't work then I would consider kicking from the server option.

still stand by my statement from march. Stuck key seem funny notion to me - If your W key seem stuck and you cause accident and you get reported you are still at fault because you were negligent (keep keyboard clean!)

I would say its no different for horn key.

I also see couple of people mentioned its against the rules. If you report someone spamming horn for more than 5 seconds and you report them on website with video evidence does that really get them banned?

It was my impression that GMs say that is only kickable offense handled on the server usually. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello,

Because this topic was inactive for a long time and also because this idea was been previously suggested and rejected, I'll be rejecting this one was all. 

Please remember to check if your idea was previously suggested, to aviod it being archived. 

Thanks,

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator

//Locked & Moved to Rejected

• Thanks 1

banner