Automatically kick players who spam their horn

+1 from me i think it is a good idea to have a limit for horn spamming. there is no need to keep your button pressed in when stuck in traffic not only that i have to turn tmp down because when you get a blast of horn at night times coming through your sound system neighbors  get p1ssed off it with it so a big big big plus 1 from me :)

On 1/7/2018 at 11:44 PM, Syntackz said:

I don't agree with your suggestion. you can do in game report and web report for horn spamming. 

First mistake is you choose wrong place to drive and obviously C - D road has so many trollers . to be honest adding this feature entire server is not fair. check the below link 

@orangejamieboss i just found similar topic which is already suggested

I'm sorry, I really do not want to be disrespectful or rude in any way, but reporting people in-game is not working. I'm not saying it is broken, it's just not being handled for many different reasons, mainly lack of In-Game Moderators and many false reports. 

Not to go too far off-topic, but the insane amount of player I've reported are never taken care of. I'd like to talk more about it, but that would be for another thread or PM. 

However, I would assume it has been mentioned before, but if not; I'd recommend just turning horns off. People use horns because they think it makes traffic jams go faster, to greet other players, etc.

The horn has a complete different meaning in TruckersMP than it should in reality. It's not used to call out danger or to honk at someone making a dangerous manoeuvre. 

You can turn off other players' horn in your TAB settings. 

SHeDTix.png

• 2 weeks later...

It is a tough one, yes I hate horn spammers but if that is all they do then I personally can live with it. I think finding that thin line between people who spam their horn and people who are beeping their horns to say hello to one another especially when there is a lot of players in one area can be difficult, 4 beeps or more you get kicked? seems to be a bit unfair really.

This can be done, but it will consists of large coding.

You would have to do create script to measure the amount of horn was used in a time period, and once it reaches a set number then it will possibly bring up a message or possibly kick the player.

Pros:
- Less bans
- Less people getting annoyed

Cons:
- Hard to program
- Can be false triggered (For example, a random bug when you open the menu with the horn key pressed)

Thanks
- DRAGON

TruckersMP_Signature2.png?width=1442&hei

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to comment on this one, but here are my thoughts:

I do see people spamming their horns quite often. I think it would be a nice feature to implement. 

I think it should be done in a way similar to the headlight kick, where say you hold your horn for so long and a warning pops up in chat saying you will be kicked in x number of seconds if you do not "cooldown" horn use for so many seconds.

I like the idea :)

7622072690.png

It sounds like a good idea, but the definition of 'spamming' the use of the horn can and will be misinterpreted.

However, as for the implementation, it could be done really easily. Just worried about how people will define 'spamming'.

Good Idea, but we can easily turn this off :thinking:

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

A suggestion of change to this suggestion:

Let's say the road is being blocked, and drivers are hooping up pushing and constantly honking with their loud air horns trying to say they want to move forward. If a person is honking for let's say 5 seconds, the sound will continue for the player honking, but everyone else can't hear it because it's gone 5 seconds.

You might say that the player can just honk for 4-5 seconds then wait a second before doing it again? Simply implement a delay for when the sound will output for everyone again.

APPEAL A BAN  -  TMP RULES  -  SUPPORT

-1 I don't think this would be necessary nor useful, I think that it's fine the way it is now. And if you encounter a horn spammer you can just report them in-game and or on the website if there is no action taken on the in-game report. And I think it would also kick a lot of "innocent" people. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is a very good suggestion. Those who are doing this are stressful.

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...