Automatically kick players who spam their horn

A correct point of view, however , is that some players are trolling and horning at length to warn them. A fine detail verifier, you are disturbed by the long playing horn and the trolling player is disturbing and leaving the troll. This practice can create injustice:truestory:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

• 2 weeks later...

Making the judgement for when something is hornspamming or not does not take other things into account. Which it needs to do. Sure, if someone is blasting the horn for no reason at all for a long time it is annoying but if someone gets cut off by someone it isn't reasonable to call it horn spamming, unless they really go over the top.

On 1/9/2018 at 7:51 PM, PsychicznyMajster said:

I disagree with this idea too, in real life You can't disable the horn in a another truck. Stay realistic !

Totally agree if you. The more realistic TMP is, the better. All though the only way you can disable the horn in real life is to cut the cable or remove it completely lol.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

• 3 weeks later...

-1 from me.

You can always mute your honk from in-game settings. Apart from that, what if someone blocks the way? I know blocking is against rules and we can report that player but the first thing people will do to make that player aware that he is blocking or stopping their way is by honking, if people just get kicked for honking then it would be no use. Just report the player who is honking unnecessarily that's the best solution I guess and as said above you can just let admin or moderator deal it once its reported.

Remember in real life there are traffic rules, if people break them they have to deal with fines and other legal procedures if such features will be implemented then  it won't be realistic in the first place and in-game you have report system which is equivalent to traffic rules (real life), just record , report and let the wrongdoer get punished.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of the responses here are basically, "You can just turn off horns" or "Just avoid heavy traffic areas."

These aren't really a solution, because I do use horns for communication. If someone is coming up behind me, one quick beep from the horn, that tells me, "Hello, I'm here!" And if that driver is looking to pass, I'll settle more carefully into a lane, return a beep, and that can communicate, "I recognize you are here, and I will allow you to pass." So, turning off horns entirely is just a bad idea.

As it happens, I have actually thought about horn spam recently, and how it could be solved.

Some people have voiced concern about how to best go about having the server decide how much horn is too much.

In order to solve this problem, there can be two calculations. If your horn remains active for a set amount of time, say 15 or 20 seconds, a hard set number, auto kick. I'm not sure if the server could be programmed to also just ignore your horn input, that might work too, but the point is the same. A hard limit, 20 seconds, action is taken. But what about people who are on and off their horn a lot?
Calculation two. If your horn is active for thirty seconds in the time of one minute, not consecutively, so ten seconds on, five off, ten on, five off, ten on, kick. This kind of thing happens in some old-style chat rooms with flood protection, a set number of messages in a set period of time. This concept exists already, and I believe it could be implemented into an auto kick for horn spam.

The base idea, auto-kick with horn spam, I want this, and I support it. With the algorithms I described, I think it would work very well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 8:55 AM, ^AquaCloud^ said:

you can report it at "www.trucekrsmp.com" instead. -1

Hello, 

Reporting a player for horn spamming would definitely get declined. By time the Game Moderstor looks like the report he will look at it has like nothing happen and it was just a horn. Keep this is mind a horn has nothing to do with ramming, reckless driving, trolling, blockimg, hacking, etc.. i think I'll have to change my mind (-1) its easier for an admin just to kick the user than having a whole bunch of people getting kicked with no notice. 

My suggestion is - "having an warning pop up on your screen (in game chat) saying (you have been using your horn to much, you have 5s to stop horn spamming) or something similar to that.

Best regards, 

-Carmella l Viva Trucking 

Stay happy and safe