Automatically kick players who spam their horn

+1 Would be very helpful.

But they could also do that: Kick players who have more than (e.g. 4) horns on the truck will be automatically kicked from the game.

First we need to establish what is annoying/bannable worth offence of spamming horns.

Where is the point where productive use of honking turns into annoyance

How to prevent that, and how to encourage correct use of honking.

So first question would be holding key for more then 4seconds. Take example from real life. I have never had example in my 6 years of driving

where someone would honk at someone for more than 4 seconds (if you have I feel like this is nearing to road rage levels).

So this is the game obviously we are online with no repercussions (compared

to real life)so wicked use that because they can and know they won't be punished.

Second question would be dealing with spam. First of all anyone banned should lose ability to honk. While its bad that they can't use it to warn

in case they use as civilized people would (short honks) it creates small incentive where they would not want to lose that ability so they might

not break rules as often as they would like.

Forward: When horn key/air horn/screamer is held for more than 4 seconds you get red message. "Spamming horns for more then 4 seconds is bannable offence".

Now this sets the tone: It tells you for how long is legal to use it, and that it breaks the rule.

Before going into "kicking from server territory", I would like to see 3 month test of revised rule about honking. Right now and correct me if I'm wrong spamming

honking doesn't seem bannable offence. Rules tells that is not allowed to spam horn in cities but I have never actually seen rule enforced in a report (website reports)

So revise the rules to spamming horns is bannable offence for this set amount of time, everywhere and let GM enforce this rules whether in reports or in game.

If this doesn't work then I would consider kicking from the server option.

+1 i would like if it be like that, i didn't like when people makes horn spam ;)

NOTE: It is also against the rules :D

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

Next thing you know, when you toot your horn to greet someone on the highway you'll be banned for a week. Go figure.

I've got to disagree. This wouldn't be necessary if the reporting system wasn't dependant - in my opinion - on outside sources. I have a pet peeve with being told to use third-party software to validate a claim that could easily be justified by utilizing the apparent in-game resources, such as in the case of reported events being recorded by the game. Regardless of that, adding an automatic ban function of a typically benign gesture would not serve any other purpose than to further isolate those in the community who only wish to be friendly and courteous on the road. I think this sets a dangerous precedent that would enable further suggestions to crush and oppose attempts by members of the community to retain privileges that enable them further immersion, such as a complaint against overuse of headlights for example.

CEO and Owner, U.S. Trucking

Now Hiring!

I like the idea. For example, someone who spends 15 seconds on a horn spam can kick.

The bad side: The player can spam 14 seconds and start again.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Either this or a hotkey to mute horns should be neccesary. In real life you are only supposed to horn in special situations, and you barely hear them. In the game you hear them as often as the guy behind you not pleased with your acceleration when pulling something more than 10 tons.

What if there aren't any players around for miles? And the player just wants to toot via their horn just to say Hi. I think this can be an issue on low population servers and in my opinion, a simple warning would be better than an auto kick since its just unnecessary and useless. If there's a player tooting their horn continuously, just ignore him, or reduce your volume. Simple. Why create more work for the devs when this is a very easy solution to solve? I think the devs would rather focus on other things than silly players who want to spam their horns continuously just for a laugh. 

Edited by VortexHauler
Remove bold effect.

spacer.png

I can only say yes to this. There is a feature to disable the horns etc. but if you still want to hear other "normal" beeps, you can't. 15 seconds would be good enough! 

+1

Steam:  76561198091457586.png                                  TruckersMP: status.png

TruckyApp 1st German-Translator, Media Team and now retired Teammember

I don't think we should completely kick people if they spam their air horns. Yes, it can indeed be very annoying but sometimes the horns have a practical use. Other games like Forza Horizon 3, have a limit on the amount of seconds you can hold down the horn. If TruckersMP would take that, and expand on it by only allowing a certain amount of horn spam within a minutes time, that would fix our kinda fix the problem