Automatically kick players who spam their horn

+1 Great idea

The horn should be returned to its original glory of a warning and danger device as opposed to something everyone just uses to annoy others. It's quite comical too because usually, one person will start the spamming and others will honk back, creating a giant clump of drivers upset at one another for no apparent reason whatsoever. 

"Why are you doing this?"

"The person next to me is honking, so I will too!"

"What are you honking at?"

"Whatever they're honking at!"

"ok"

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

On 07/01/2018 at 7:44 PM, Ajith18592 said:

I don't agree with your suggestion. you can do in game report and web report for horn spamming. 

First mistake is you choose wrong place to drive and obviously C - D road has so many trollers . to be honest adding this feature entire server is not fair. check the below link 

@orangejamieboss i just found similar topic which is already suggested

I Totally agree with Mr.Ajith, the horn spam can easily reported on the website and the C-D is not the best place to have a nice and safe trip.

Edited by TNT-LOG ZOVKA 005
  • Thanks 1

ok

I would stay neutral in this case. True, it's annoying whenever people spam their horn for too long, but I've witnessed people's horn bugging out due to lag or something else, thus the game might think they're honking, when they cannot hear it. I'd like to see more opinions regarding this topic.

The horn spam is not as bad as the useless traffic people create by taking the triples out of Nevada..What about an auto kick if your truck doesn't move at least 20 miles after 10 minutes?

50 minutes ago, Digitalwolf said:

The horn spam is not as bad as the useless traffic people create by taking the triples out of Nevada..What about an auto kick if your truck doesn't move at least 20 miles after 10 minutes?

Hey, sorry I was referring to ETS2 and not ATS, I didn’t really make it clear enough.

Happy Trucking!:)

Well horns should only be used to make a person aware of your presence, or as it is popular tradition to do on the servers, to honk at passing trucks not to be used for anything else.  I agree with orangejamieboss is suggesting but it would need to be implemented better than how the headlights kick was added.  

+1UP for this one  ..it can be really annoying when someone "weld" his horn button and keep it that way  10-15-20 sec.   

I can also tell for myself at least that i'm tired also from people who spam the radio for useless things or speak to each other. Don't get me wrong - it's 1  thing to say something to someone unknown for you, and different /at least for me/ to use the in-game radio to chat/speak with your friends, buddy or company/clan. I've seen many times people driving around me /both around cities & on the highways/ talking to each other and as I used the word -> weld the speaking button.    If u play with a friend or with convoy with your company/clan/team  ..then wtf dont you use TeamSpeak3, Discord or Skype?  Well Skype may require more RAM/CPU ,but others software don't. Even if u play with PC that is cheaper and weaker then your $200 EUR phone u can still use these softwares. Nobody have to listen how you two /or more/ chat to each other. How your dog bark behind u, how your mom screams at you,  or what music u're listening - i've seen a lot of these mobile DJ's. I know that everyone is free to mute / lower the volume of the voices & microphone ..as I actually did. But that way I can't hear if someone really wants to tell me something. For example like before 1 month where we had Italia DLC event and u waited for admin to find u in-game and talk to you. 

+1

I think by a way that it's a good idea for those who want to have a good experience driving without noisy horns on traffic jams. But I don't think that kick it's a good way to "punish" that player, I don't know why, but in my opinion it will generate some discussion.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:44 PM, Ajith18592 said:

First mistake is you choose wrong place to drive and obviously C - D road has so many trollers . to be honest adding this feature entire server is not fair. check the below link 

You're right in some way. But why "not fair"? Is it fair to horn spam a guy that is going slowly because he wants or because it's heavy loaded? It's ok to use it some seconds, but not spamming. Just want to know and hear opinions, I don't want to fight anyone here xD.

• 2 weeks later...

Big -1 from me, this would be pretty unfair as there is a bug that causes peoples horns to sound and get stuck on even when they have not hit H (I have had this happen to me before) You can already report people for horn spamming for admins to decide if its horn spam or not and if you really don't like hearing horns you have the option to turn them off so just use that. Sometimes people get rammed and they sound their horn in anger and I don't think its fair for people to get kicked for things like that.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Just create a report and that's it.

I do not want to be rude, but if you install an autokick for every little problem, it will eventually get too much and that will make the game unnecessarily slow because the game has to deal with the amount of kicks in addition

-1 on this idea

Edited by Betjon

error.png

• 4 weeks later...

I agree bc I think it should kick people that spam there horn for a long period of time  but also give like a red warning before it actualy kicks u , I think the system would have to think a lot about that because if u was in a crash and trying not hurt anyone driving 100+ mph and u would have to spam u horn to let people know that yr coming down fast and they need to get out the way. 

Stay happy and safe

-1 I do not agree with you,because  you can turn off the horn sounds from the settings.I do not think it needs to be added to the game.