Automatically kick players who spam their horn

I don't agree with your suggestion. you can do in game report and web report for horn spamming. 

On 1/3/2018 at 4:15 PM, orangejamieboss said:

I have come to realize that in populated areas such as Calais, players tend to spam their horns several times, this causes other people to follow in their footsteps and do exactly the same thus resulting in a utopia of truck drivers sounding their horn.

First mistake is you choose wrong place to drive and obviously C - D road has so many trollers . to be honest adding this feature entire server is not fair. check the below link 

@orangejamieboss i just found similar topic which is already suggested

Edited by Ajith18592
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

UxiKSFa.png

As said above, you can basically report for horn spamming if it goes on for much longer than a usual "beep". 

It is an annoying sound to hear, but you can also turn them off. Again to rival this, sometimes I'd like to have them on, but not to that extent.

Another issue which could arise if you had it off, there's a visual bug that often happens where the horn icon is next to someone's name but the horn isn't on. They're also not even holding the button when this happens, I am unsure if someone has been reported by mistake for this, thinking it's on, but be careful if you do see people. 

In short, reporting it is easier, and if it gets too noisy when in a traffic jam, just untick that box and it'll be nice and quiet again!

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

I agree with what @Krewlex has said. The option to turn horns off already exists, if it's that much of a problem. Personally I don't see how a horn spam auto kick could work, because if it's simply 'oh you're horn's been on for x amount of time, you must be kicked' that wouldn't really work since most people who do blast their horn do so in bursts rather than a sustained chorus.

Either way it seems an awful lot of effort for something that you can just untick and make your world that little bit quieter.

• Like 1

I disagree with this idea, firstly, if someone in purposely spamming the horn or ho,Dong it down for longer than c seconds, simply report them,no need for auto kicks because auto systems can easily kick the wrong person for no reasons. 

Also, to flip this whole thing upside down, if anyone had ever been sat in gridlock traffic, people irl will lean on their horn, yet it’s not illegal to do so, so technically, as long as it’s for genuine reasons, such as traffic jams or idiot drivers, it should be fine for certain periods of time.

I mean I see where you are coming from but I would have to disagree. As what would you class as horn spam. That is for the In-Game Moderator to decide not really for a line of code that tracks if you have been sounding your horn for an extended period. Id really recommend if you have an issue with people and overuse of horns is toggling the sounds in your TMP IG settings. However, you could also avoid populated areas as there will be fewer people who abuse horns. I know I said I disagree but its only slightly, I can totally see where you are coming from though.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

as the others have said, an auto kick isn't what is needed, record and report the people spamming their horn. the times when I use the air horns is a.) to warn someone that they are trying to merge when it isn't safe to and I use a 1 to 2 second blast from the horn as a warning. or b.) to say hello to a fellow driver that is going by in the opposite direction, and It is 2 short beeps.

• Like 1

Light signals and audible signals shall only be used when overtaking outside non-built-up areas or if you see yourself or others endangered.

The continuous usage of audible signals is an in-game rule violation and should be reported.

As already stated before, horn sounds can be deactivated in the options. Therefore an automated punishment is not necessary.

I feel adding something that times how long someone is honking their horn would be good maybe setting a time limited like 5 seconds and if someone goes over that time kick them for prolonged honking.

I feel this is a good idea so a +1 from me

Edited by InvasiveSpark
  • Thanks 1

signature_cao.png

On 2018-01-03 at 4:15 PM, orangejamieboss said:

Suggestion name: Automatically kick players who spam their horn

Suggestion description: After playing on Truckers MP several times, I have come to realise that in populated areas such as Calais, players tend to spam their horns several times, this causes other people to follow in their footsteps and do exactly the same thus resulting in a utopia of truck drivers sounding their horn.

Example images: N/A

Why should it be added? I feel that this feature is necessary for those who want peace of mind whilst trying to drive, without people blasting their horns. The horn is there for a reason, not for it to be sounded constantly. This feature will help reduce horn abuse at any cost.

In my Opinion i think like this"

For these "Spam Horns" Should get  a "Message" Through their screen in top left side / Just a exemple > "Player will be kicked in 1 min for spam horns" 

Or this in middle of screen with "Message" Exemple > " Player will be kicked in 1 min for spam horns "

It should be a warning message first and than kicked ?

-

This is what i think would be good and maybe hard to do :)

/ Dark Haus :)

Edited by Square Fenix