Trigzd

Warning sound for AFK kick

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that @[SK] - TeR*Hao Nan, but I think you mean the reason for the kick. I am suggesting that a sound is played in game when the warning displays that 'unless you do not move you will be kicked. My thinking being that a lot of people who aren't moving are waiting for someone or just not looking at the game. So an audible sound would be much better than just a text pop up.

Correct, but if you're AFK the likelihood is you won't hear the sound either so you'd still get kicked if you were actually AFK. This would just aid those that either don't like playing with any HUD or map or anything, and those that might do something else on their computer whilst waiting for someone.

• True Story 1

This would be useful, as many like myself would be worrying to get their engine started again if they got into an accident or just stalled their engine. An option here would be to pick a sound that isn't annoying at all. An alert perhaps but not a sustained sound like the horn or police siren. Both are so loud and often annoying.

Well if you’re AFK then your obviously AFK for a reason, considering the amount people there are waiting in queue for a certain server, you are useless traffic, someone else who is actually going to play can take your place. I slightly agree but if we look at the situation overall you shouldn’t really be afk for more than 5 minutes.

• Upvote 2

I 100% agree with this suggestion, it would be useful for almost everyone.
As @Carrera18 said, have the game play a safety belt warning sound.

I would love to see this implemented the following way:

The last 30 or 15 seconds before you're getting kicked out, the game should play the safety belt warning sound.

It would be a good way to remind people, who for example stopped to look at their phone for a while, to move their vehicle.

What @SilentSquads said is also useful, but sometimes people are 'AFK' while they're still behind their PC. So, a warning sound would come in handy for those people.

I can imagine the warning sound being annoying for some people in some way (and the amount of people who thinks that this would be annoying is probably low), so the developers could create an option in the settings menu to turn off the warning sound.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, kerimbjk said:

I can imagine the warning sound being annoying for some people in some way (and the amount of people who thinks that this would be annoying is probably low), so the developers could create an option in the settings menu to turn off the warning sound.

a setting related to it makes no sense for the formation of this mode. those who do not want it to happen. I guess they love kick more. B) 

1 hour ago, Carrera18 said:

a setting related to it makes no sense for the formation of this mode. those who do not want it to happen. I guess they love kick more. B) 

Well, I mean there will always be someone who complains about something new, but having that option will show to people how user friendly your application is.

It's the little things which might not be used a lot, but makes 1 person happy about it. And making your application user friendly is one of the important things to do imo.

• True Story 2

2 minutes ago, kerimbjk said:

Well, I mean there will always be someone who complains about something new, but having that option will show to people how user friendly your application is.

It's the little things which might not be used a lot, but makes 1 person happy about it. And making your application user friendly is one of the important things to do imo.

OVV, of course you are right. sorry. As a subject I would like to point out, those who do not want it to happen. I guess they love kick more.

Guest Jollis

Trigz, problems would arise between those who use windowed and full-screen displays, as when you are in full screen if you tab out you don't always hear hear in game sounds.  But I would be a good idea to implement into the game none the less.