Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Is there a possibility to extend the time to like 15 or 20 seconds?

Suggestion Name: Increase kick time when lights are off.
Suggestion DescriptionWhile driving in high populated areas, damage in the truck is normal. Sometimes, my truck shuts its engine off, and automatically, at night, I get the kick message. So either I have to pull over REALLy fast so I dont get kicked, or I get kicked. Sometimes its hard to just randomly stop because a crash will be caused.

Any example images: Nope, sorry. I may make a video if anyone is confused..

Why should it be added?: Getting kicked because I have a faulty engine is not cool. Pulling over in less than 10 seconds may cause an accident on high populated areas. To avoid, increasing the time by just 5s or 10s would solve the issue!

Original post: 

Hey, so, i've been noticing a bug with this auto kick sistem when I have my lights off.

What mostly happens with me is the following.

While driving in high populated areas, damage in the truck is normal. Sometimes, my truck shuts its engine off, and automatically, at night, I get the kick message. So either I have to pull over REALLy fast so I dont get kicked, or I get kicked. Sometimes its hard to just randomly stop because a crash will be caused.

Is there a possibility o extend the time to like 15 or 20 seconds? 10 seconds is not enough and getting kicked because my engine stopped is stupid...

Also, position lights are still on, auto kick should happen when all lights are off, and as far as I know, by traffic laws, driving with only the position lights is not an offense.

Is any one having this issue?

Edited by chevytime
Changing to suggestion format

Hello @chevytime 

I don't know in your country, but in mine is forbidden to drive with only position lights during the night. Also I give you an advice: If your truck stops because an engine malfunction you can put your hazard lights on and stop on the road (try to stop on a place where you don't bother anybody) and also if your truck is broken you can always press F7+ENTER to go to the nearbiest service station and repair your truck, this is not as expensive as you say, and you will be able to continue your trip without problems. Hope to be useful, bye!

Edited by [LKW Tr.] Akoa
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Akoa said:

Hello @chevytime 

I don't know in your country, but in mine is forbidden to drive with only position lights during the night. Also I give you an advice: If your truck stops because an engine malfunction you can put your hazard lights on and stop on the road (try to stop on a place where you don't bother anybody) and also if your truck is broken you can always press F7+ENTER to go to the nearbiest service station and repair your truck, this is not as expensive as you say, and you will be able to continue your trip without problems. Hope to be useful, bye!

But as I was saying, there is no time. The moment my engine shuts off, 10s starts to count down. So by the time I look for a spot to pull over, turn my hazzards on, I will get instantly kicked...

And about the position lights, in my country in urban areas with public lights, position lights only are allowed, but on highways where there are no lights, you must have high beams.

@slushbro  I love the auto kick engine, just the timings it not right... but yeah

Yeah, I understand you but if you see that there isn't a spot to stop just put your hazards on and stop in the middle of the road. I know that is dangerous but if you have your hazards on people should see you, then when you stop try to turn on your truck as soon as possible and if it takes too long you can move your truck slowly by shifting to 1st gear and acelerating.

I don't think you are understanding what I mean. 10s to stop my truck without being kicked + worry about causing a collision is not enough time.Hazzerds won't avoid me getting kicked.

Hello, To be honest by changing it to 20 sec will it change anything. This rule was added which could match with in real life.At first it was 10 sec. when your truck is moving with no lights you will be warned for 10 seconds,all you need to do is just turn on headlights.if you don't turn on then you will be kicked. If your truck is damaged all you need to do is press F7+Enter. Never try F7+enter while driving because the seconds will be counted while moving to service station.This rule also added to kick the members who are ghost driving.

1 hour ago, chevytime said:

I don't have much money on ETS2, so using f7 and constantly fixing my truck will make me go bankrupt.

whats the reason for your truck getting damaged in first place? Please don't say me you are driving in high traffic area and getting rammed every time. If you are having less money never choose high populated areas for doing jobs. i am also having a legit profile. Try to buy 2 - 3 trucks and hire drivers and they will do their job.

Edited by Ajith18592

UxiKSFa.png

2 minutes ago, Ajith18592 said:

This rule was added which could match with in real life.At first it was 10 sec now they changed to 15 sec. when your truck is moving with no lights you will be warned for 15 seconds,all you need to do is just turn on headlights.

all you need to do is press F7+Enter.

whats the reason for your truck getting damaged in first place? Please don't say me you are driving in high traffic area and getting rammed every time. If you are having less money never choose high populated areas for doing jobs.

Try to buy 2 - 3 trucks and hire drivers and they will do their job.

In real life you won't get a fine if your lights are off for 10 seconds, since when the engine shuts off in real life the lights dont dim.

It's not "just F7+enter". Wasting my money constantly with a tow truck is not cool. I will go to the service driving, I only F7 if my truck won't funtion anymore. This is called "simulation"

Well, if you say you don't get rammed all the time in high populated areas, well, then you prob. don't even transit on these areas. I go where my cargo need to be delivered, via WOT. If the most expensive is to calais, well, so be it. Its wrong to say that when I go to these areas, damage inflicted from others on my is my foult since i've decided to go there. People should learn respect. That's all. I dont have to stop going to these areas like calais, duiburg, paris, etc just becase troll are everywhere. And yes, I constantly get rammed as I drive under 90km/h and respect 60km/h speed limits, stop signs, traffic lights, preferences and etc... Wan't video proof of over 200 reports for rammers?

I don't want someone to do my job, I want to be the one making my money. Having drivers and playing on MP means that the in-game time goes much quicker, and with drivers, Ill bet unrealistically rich. No simulation at all.

4 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Akoa said:

How fast you go? Because going 100 KM/H you can stop in 4-5 secs.

If I slam my breaks yes. But I have to keep in mind traffic behind me. Before making any stops, mirror checking is obligatory. I can't just "stop"

As I said above. WOT jobs, 90KM/H respecting speed limits.

3 minutes ago, chevytime said:

In real life you won't get a fine if your lights are off for 10 seconds, since when the engine shuts off in real life the lights dont dim.

It's not "just F7+enter". Wasting my money constantly with a tow truck is not cool. I will go to the service driving, I only F7 if my truck won't funtion anymore. This is called "simulation"

Well, if you say you don't get rammed all the time in high populated areas, well, then you prob. don't even transit on these areas. I go where my cargo need to be delivered, via WOT. If the most expensive is to calais, well, so be it. Its wrong to say that when I go to these areas, damage inflicted from others on my is my foult since i've decided to go there. People should learn respect. That's all. I dont have to stop going to these areas like calais, duiburg, paris, etc just becase troll are everywhere. And yes, I constantly get rammed as I drive under 90km/h and respect 60km/h speed limits, stop signs, traffic lights, preferences and etc... Wan't video proof of over 200 reports for rammers?

I don't want someone to do my job, I want to be the one making my money. Having drivers and playing on MP means that the in-game time goes much quicker, and with drivers, Ill bet unrealistically rich. No simulation at all.

If I slam my breaks yes. But I have to keep in mind traffic behind me. Before making any stops, mirror checking is obligatory. I can't just "stop"

You are free to go wherever you want but if you know that going to Duisburg will ruin your trip is your responsability, everybody knows that Duisburg is not a good place to deliver a cargo you can take an alternative route. Yesterday I got 2 deliveries that finished in calais and I go there knowing that it's likely that I don't finish my job without damage. Is very easy to understand. Example: You have to choose one way between 2. In one of the ways there is a wolf that will kill you, and in the other way there is nothing dangerous, what do you choose?

Just now, [LKW Tr.] Akoa said:

You are free to go wherever you want but if you know that going to Duisburg will ruin your trip is your responsability, everybody knows that Duisburg is not a good place to deliver a cargo you can take an alternative route. Yesterday I got 2 deliveries that finished in calais and I go there knowing that it's likely that I don't finish my job without damage. Is very easy to understand. Example: You have to choose one way between 2. In one of the ways there is a wolf that will kill you, and in the other way there is nothing dangerous, what do you choose?

Yeah, I mean, I get what you mean, really stupid to have to worry about this, but its how it is. 

But the damage thing is that I may crash on my own, anything can happen, and when the truck shuts off, the timmer starts.

I can easely notice when my truck shuts off, since my wheel goes stiff, but keyboard players, that might play with loud music, might not even notice until its too late.

25 minutes ago, chevytime said:

Yeah, I mean, I get what you mean, really stupid to have to worry about this, but its how it is. 

But the damage thing is that I may crash on my own, anything can happen, and when the truck shuts off, the timmer starts.

I can easely notice when my truck shuts off, since my wheel goes stiff, but keyboard players, that might play with loud music, might not even notice until its too late.

Yeah even me that I never have problems with my truck, sometimes I forget to turn on the lights and is real that is not enough time, it would be good if the adjust it to 20 sec that would be perfect because in 20 secs I think that you can find a spot to stop your truck so yes I finally agree with you

4 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Akoa said:

Yeah even me that I never have problems with my truck, sometimes I forget to turn on the lights and is real that is not enough time, it would be good if the adjust it to 20 sec that would be perfect because in 20 secs I think that you can find a spot to stop your truck so yes I finally agree with you

;)

Good suggestion. There is one thing that you can do to prevent you from stopping in the road is that when it does come up turn on your ignition  (your engine doesn't need to be working for this) and it will have your lights on so you won't get kicked while you try and start up your engine.

On 02/01/2018 at 12:52 PM, chevytime said:
Suggestion Name: Increase kick time when lights are off.
Suggestion DescriptionWhile driving in high populated areas, damage in the truck is normal. Sometimes, my truck shuts its engine off, and automatically, at night, I get the kick message. So either I have to pull over REALLy fast so I dont get kicked, or I get kicked. Sometimes its hard to just randomly stop because a crash will be caused.

Any example images: Nope, sorry. I may make a video if anyone is confused..

Why should it be added?: Getting kicked because I have a faulty engine is not cool. Pulling over in less than 10 seconds may cause an accident on high populated areas. To avoid, increasing the time by just 5s or 10s would solve the issue!

Honestly, it does not need changing, if you have a engine start button mapped (which by default is typically E on the keyboard) then if your engine dies like this, you just hit the key and try and restart it.

personally, if my truck is that damaged, I usually pull over and f7 out of there because it’s too dangerous driving with a damaged truck. 

The problem is, too many people think it’s great to drive at night with either side lights or no lights at all, especially if it’s to cause a wreck. It’s not only dangerous but is illegal irl. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve seen and been hit by someone driving with no lights and 10 seconds in my opinion is being generous for someone driving with no lights regardless of the reason why. 

The only thing that that can be done is to factor into the kick program the engine damage thing, but that’s difficult to get to work. It’s a case of getting into the habit of not driving a truck with more than a certain percent of damage or mapping and pressing the start button as soon as it dies. I mean, for me, I have the electrics off automatic start so I have to press my start button twice, but if you use it enough, you get used to doing so. 

here is my opinion on this subject. I think the timer could use a small tweak, not double the time, but an increase by 50% which would be 15 sec. second before the timer even starts, it would check to see if the engine is running or not. if the engine is running, the timer starts, if not then the timer wont start running. to avoid trolling there would be a check to see why the engine isn't running, is the truck damaged beyond a set percent, no then the timer would start for no head lights, if yes, the driver would receive a message to use F7+enter. if they don't use f7+enter in 15 sec they are kicked for blocking. Note I used kicked instead of banned since their truck would only be blocking due to a damaged truck and not using the F7+enter with in 15 seconds.

9 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

here is my opinion on this subject. I think the timer could use a small tweak, not double the time, but an increase by 50% which would be 15 sec. second before the timer even starts, it would check to see if the engine is running or not. if the engine is running, the timer starts, if not then the timer wont start running. to avoid trolling there would be a check to see why the engine isn't running, is the truck damaged beyond a set percent, no then the timer would start for no head lights, if yes, the driver would receive a message to use F7+enter. if they don't use f7+enter in 15 sec they are kicked for blocking. Note I used kicked instead of banned since their truck would only be blocking due to a damaged truck and not using the F7+enter with in 15 seconds.

The engine idea is good, BUUUTT, I don't think the effort would be worth it for so little right now. Maybe in the future... but yeah. +1