Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Auto kick for CB Abuse

ZOVKA

No, someone could be speaking for a quite a while but actually be talking. I don't use the CB radio because I don't like hearing peoples voices - not because they spam but because I don't want to hear them. I've never encountered CB spam but I'm sure its widespread - I just always have it mute. There has to be a better way than this.

• Upvote 1

There are many people that use the in-game voice system to just 'talk' to each other ..conversations that nobody have to listen ..but sadly we're forced to.  If you want to talk with your friend or people from your company/firm/clan you can simply use Skype, Discord or TeamSpeak3   and many others programs.  It's 1 thing to use the in-game radio to tell something to someone "for a short period of time" and another thing when you use it to just 'chat' to each other. For example if someone is holding the 'speaking button' for longer then Idk .. 6-8 or maybe 10 seconds - then auto-kick or "block" his ability to speak for the next 5 minutes.

You have the option to switch it off or switch it to a different channel. Why add more useless auto kicking technology when you have the freedom to switch it off? 

Many people use it to communicate between different users especially in convoys. I don't see anything wrong with that. You all complain about people spamming on CB radio when you could have just turned it off and made life better for yourself. It is also your fault for going into busy areas when you should have already knew that there will be all sorts of people speaking different languages in the area, especially during peak hours in busy servers. 

Adding auto kick technology to CB radio can cause people to be kicked for the wrong reasons especially when people just want to have a conversation without having to type in chat. Ever since the CB radio was released, I've always switched the CB radio from channel 19 to 17 and I have never, ever encountered any more CB abuse whether it is on EU#2 or EU#1. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

But I think there should be a limit like this: You are not allowed to press speak button more than 2 minutes within 10 minutes! (or just a similar limit)

Because if anyone get the message that you'll be kicked if you don't stop cb spamming, the troll (CB spammer) stops pressing the talk button, wait a moment and press it again.

For people saying "you can just turn it off":

That's silly. Why should I as a player rob myself of the usefulnes of the CB because no action is to be taken against abusers?

This is akin to saying "If you're bothered when people go the wrong way, ram you, block you etc, you can just go back to single player." It's absolutely silly.

Action must be taken, but the smart way.

Channel 19 being the main channel that everyone listens to, is perfect for short communications like "Go ahead, you can overtake", or "Oh hey dude. Let's talk. switch to channel 15", etc.

Overusing channel 19 however, should be penalized since it blocks other useful communications.

If you want to talk to your friends, switch to any other channel where you are free to talk and play music as much as you like.

This is the same IRL, the common channel is used only for requesting and giving information. Conversations are taken to other channels to keep the primary channel free. But unfortunately just like in-game, there are trolls. The only difference is that real life cannot be moderated and it's up to the decency (or lack of) of each individual driver.

14 minutes ago, El Chupacabra [PR] said:

Its a great idea, also they should add a mute button to mute players on the CB radio.

There is. Click the player name, then click the mute button at the bottom. What they should add is sorting player list alphabetically so you can quickly find the spammers in crowded areas. After 5 minutes wasted just going over the list looking for the spammer names I just gave up and disabled CB completely.

• 1 month later...