New protocol for handling ghost mode abuse

koltl_

Guest GЯΞУHOUИD

Hello;

when the path is used to pass the blocking? when used for people who shut the road with the load? I think it will not be a problem when used for them. but prohibition can be introduced if it is used to jump traffic.

Best Regards;

^AquaCloud^

@itzzkolt 

For me +1 ! 

This is good idea,because happening me last time,that when someone used quick save and he again did load on map so my truck flew out to sky.Only sometime happening it.

I am sure , that when it will be added so it will be great :) 

Kind Regards

RedWolfTV_TMP

TruckersMP Members

On 01/05/2018 at 7:36 PM, MishaStardust said:

Would it be possible to implement automatically moving people to the nearest non-collision zone upon connection? 

like if you get disconnected, you respawn only in work shops, drop yards or garages? or perhaps on the shoulder of an autobahn?, (but there you have the problem of shoulder-riders who like to use the shoulder as an extra lane)

• 2 weeks later...

I am really unsure how they would work around it, however, I think these points could be thought about.

• 30 second duration for ghost mode
  • Very clear duration counter on screen visible for the user to see
  • In the last 5 seconds of ghost mode the text "GHOST MODE" starts flashing red so it's clearer to see.

I am not sure with this one, when you drive out of a Non-collision zone and your in another truck, the other truck starts flashing and you can drive in them for a bit. If anybody understand that :troll: That's what should be implemented into Ghost Mode.

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

On 1/11/2018 at 6:55 AM, Aragon said:

Unfortunately, people can't really be punished for what they can't see.

Often times someone will connect to the server while driving down the road, and because he can't see anybody due to trucks not loading, he just speeds through all the traffic until it's too late.

Possible solutions to fix this problem:

-Increase the ghost mode duration to allow more time for the game & trucks to finish loading.

-Have a clear indication of exactly how long ghost mode is remaining for, both for the user himself to see and the others around him. That way, there won't be any excuse for users to have their vehicles moving when ghost mode ends. Even add "WARNING" in red letters to warn the user when there's 5 seconds or less remaining on it.

-Improve the protection that occurs after ghost mode. It was meant to protect trucks from taking damage due to someone's ghost mode ending inside of them, but in reality, it tends to be buggy and still result in some glitches.

It's easy to always say "If an undesired effect occurs, add in a rule that prohibits it." While this can be effective, it's better on the long term scale to fix the problem itself so people don't have any excuses.

If your rule gets added, I can bet you 100% that there will be people who simply don't care and continue to do it anyway.

For me it's -1 like others are saying, I can't see how they can actually add a  rule against ghost mode. I like the solutions Aragon mentioned, this can help prevent the increasing amount of "ghost mode abusers".

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

On 10.01.2018 at 10:55 PM, Aragon said:

Unfortunately, people can't really be punished for what they can't see.

Often times someone will connect to the server while driving down the road, and because he can't see anybody due to trucks not loading, he just speeds through all the traffic until it's too late.

Possible solutions to fix this problem:

-Increase the ghost mode duration to allow more time for the game & trucks to finish loading.

-Have a clear indication of exactly how long ghost mode is remaining for, both for the user himself to see and the others around him. That way, there won't be any excuse for users to have their vehicles moving when ghost mode ends. Even add "WARNING" in red letters to warn the user when there's 5 seconds or less remaining on it.

-Improve the protection that occurs after ghost mode. It was meant to protect trucks from taking damage due to someone's ghost mode ending inside of them, but in reality, it tends to be buggy and still result in some glitches.

It's easy to always say "If an undesired effect occurs, add in a rule that prohibits it." While this can be effective, it's better on the long term scale to fix the problem itself so people don't have any excuses.

If your rule gets added, I can bet you 100% that there will be people who simply don't care and continue to do it anyway.

I agree with Aragon, so downvote.

• Like 1

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

• 1 month later...

@Aragon put the best response to this suggestion.  Ghost mode stills gets abused to this day, especially with impatient people in highly populated areas.  

If a user is deliberately abusing Ghost Mode to drive through players in a highly populated area your best solution is to report it in game.

Alternatively, you could record it, if you are able to and then submit it through the report system.

It is a nice suggestion but I believe Aragon has put the best response to this, I am simply adding to the points that he has made :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very interesting suggestion that can have multiple positive and negative sides. 

I have some ideas on how this could be fixed. 

My first one is, that when you login in a area without no collision and there are vehicles on the road/spot where you are about to load in it would teleport you to the nearest area on the side of the road without anyone standing still/parked on the side of the road. And it's clear of any objects which could cause damage. 

The other one is that when you are about to load in, if you are detected inside another vehicle whilst outside of a no collision area it would log you out of the server and tell you on your screen that you need to pull over to the side of the road or find a clear area in about 30 seconds or so. And then it would proceed to reconnect you.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

personally i thing there needs to be a rule against it:)

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

• 1 month later...

hello about this ghostly fashion can not be eliminated because it would be terrible because not all computers are blue and by raising the high MS our system kicks and when we get into the game again we have stopped on the road if at the moment we enter a stronger player he will do the fashion crash is super useful in this respect I think the solution to this problem is to write tickets against such players and the truckersmp  team to punish them, which is a minus for those who do not have this opportunity and we still can not reach the full decision  

there is also the suggestion that players using fashion can not go through traffic and players who are out of this fashion go unimportant which I do not know if it could be possible also the minus of the fashion is that the visual player is not seeing whether he is in the ghostly fashion I suggest and this to do some visual signaling, say the blink of the player while in this fashion because I was going to get taller and I see a stopped truck on the road and I do not know if the man was kicked he has entered again or stopped in the road I hope the suggestions have been useful to me

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @koltl_

Because this rules has been added to our official set of rules, see: 

Spoiler

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speed limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers.

I will now accept this suggestion. 

Kind regards, 

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator

//Accepted

banner

• 2 months later...