New protocol for handling ghost mode abuse

koltl_

Suggestion Name: 

New protocol for handling ghost mode abuse

Suggestion Description:

With the ghost mode implementation being rather recent, I am starting to see people taking advantage of it to skip highly dense areas and major traffic while connected to a server.  For example, someone successfully connects to the server and sees lots of traffic on their side.  As in ghost mode, they will drive through the traffic resulting in a small or large collision with other truckers once ghost mode has expired.  This example is mostly applicable to areas near Calais and Duisburg as with the stretch between them which finally brings me to my suggestion which is to implement a rule regarding this issue and decide on how to punish individuals who break these rules.

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

More and more people will become comfortable doing it resulting in more chaos which there is no need for.

Edited by itzzkolt
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

fix truckersmp

Unsure how this could be worked around, I too have experienced and seen this and it's very annoying. Ideally, you'd want them to connect and drive to the side of the road safely, but after that, it's as if you'd want them to stop moving until it expires?

I have also seen the types that drive through others with it on, but then slow down and travel at the same speed as another player, waiting for it to expire. Thankfully this would be trolling and can be dealt with.

This then brings back the suggestion/discussion regarding adding a ban rule for road spawners, since it's basically similar.

You might want to refer to this: 

By units, I believe OP means the vehicle hitbox.

Hence -1 for yours, as I find his suggestion more viable in this sense.

Kind regards.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Ghost Mode puts you in no-collosion state for a certain amount of seconds. Without it, when you are on the road, there is one player load game while you are running to and you do not see that player. Then you may cause the accident and both cars are damaged. This can lead to traffic jam on crowded roads such as CD. :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi.

very good topic to chat, on several occasions I saw these facts, it is something that should be discussed thoroughly, because from my point of view favors draw and not the ghost mode, now that it is allowed to use the / fix may be different . but it could achieve to deactivate the phantom mode and when they realize the one by means of action of autoguardado, the one of back collides to its exponent, that is to say that it can obtain to use / fix or not. is what I think ... otherwise support for a penalty of the following echos.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, people can't really be punished for what they can't see.

Often times someone will connect to the server while driving down the road, and because he can't see anybody due to trucks not loading, he just speeds through all the traffic until it's too late.

Possible solutions to fix this problem:

-Increase the ghost mode duration to allow more time for the game & trucks to finish loading.

-Have a clear indication of exactly how long ghost mode is remaining for, both for the user himself to see and the others around him. That way, there won't be any excuse for users to have their vehicles moving when ghost mode ends. Even add "WARNING" in red letters to warn the user when there's 5 seconds or less remaining on it.

-Improve the protection that occurs after ghost mode. It was meant to protect trucks from taking damage due to someone's ghost mode ending inside of them, but in reality, it tends to be buggy and still result in some glitches.

It's easy to always say "If an undesired effect occurs, add in a rule that prohibits it." While this can be effective, it's better on the long term scale to fix the problem itself so people don't have any excuses.

If your rule gets added, I can bet you 100% that there will be people who simply don't care and continue to do it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,
I understand that it is moulted that people leave the game when they are in the middle of the road. The next time they join the game, people can crash because, if necessary, they have to leave the game for the highway. What I usually do is f7 or along the highway, and hope that there are no people in the place where I stopped the last time. But yes very annoying. You can do a lot of it at this moment.

IMHO, players who log in areas where moving traffic or stationary traffic is likely to be encountered, violate in-game rule §2.5 Inappropriate / Reckless Driving, In particular, the phrase "ignoring other players" will be applicable.

Every player has the option to start Singleplayer first to ensure that his/ her vehicle is located at a position that is safe in a way that will not interfer with other players in Multiplayer.
The intentional choice to ignore that option may be seen as reckless behavior, at least it must be seen as careless behavior, because possible damage to other players vehicle is willfully accepted.

§2.5 Inappropriate / Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe, driving backwards, the wrong way, failing to yield, ignoring other players and rules. Driving outside of the map boundaries. This includes spots inaccessible by normal driving unless the player has Game Moderator permissions. Racing other users.

• True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this has also happened to me ... If this video is in the form of a report, just send it to the webside truckersmp.com into the reports folder and report the player using the Ghost Mode

• 1 month later...

On ghost mode you should drive away of where you would crash. It is common sense. If someone uses it for crashing, then he should be banned(maybe the ban should be longer than what it took to process it). Longer bans on clearly on purpose cases should persuade people from not doing it. The current ones are joke for all the long reporting process. No wonder why there are trolls everywhere.

Also, if technically possible*, wait until all trucks have been loaded to start the ghost mode and advise so to the user. This would prevent the confusion on whether it was a troll or a mistake.

* I suppose there might be an event triggered when everything is done loading, otherwise just count time of loading the game, estimate how much for that user a truck loading would take, then calculate it for the given trucks in the area, and probably the result should be okay, given no other methods of better implementing it. The devs surely know better, I just want to prove it is not "that" hard as not to be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea behind this suggestion, but I think such behavior will be regarded as reckless driving, which is covered in the in-game rules:

§2.5 Inappropriate / Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe, driving backwards, the wrong way, failing to yield, racing other users, ignoring other players and rules. Driving outside of the map boundaries. This includes spots inaccessible by normal driving unless the player has Game Moderator permissions. Attempting to use desync in order to cause damage to another users vehicle is forbidden.