i z m

How to increase FPS

@capsfan147 YOU, my friend, are a star!

I run a heavily modded game (when I play SP) on pretty high-end system that I've built myself (Threadripper 2950, RTX2080Ti, M2.SSD in RAID0/stripe-set).

I could not entirely get rid of the micro stutter/short drops in FPS no matter what I did. Been searching SCS forums and the internet in general.

Followed your suggestion about Low in mirror distance, and the micro stutter is now GONE! :)

(Combined with a fair amount of tweaking of the config file and the command line for starting ETS2 in SP).

Now, I run a modded game at 2560x1440, everything on Ultra except for "your" setting, and very rarely drop below 80 FPS.

Thanks, I owe you a virtual beer, or herbal tea if you're a non-drinker.........

I´m running ETS2 on 3 FHD screens @ 5760 x 1080.

Sometimes i have massive Framedrops to about 30 FPS when there are some more Players in MP.

Normally we´re a group of. 5 drivers. Usually i have 50 to 60 FPS.

My Rig: Ryzen 7 / 2700X - 16 GB RAM @ 3200 - GTX 970 - m.2 SSD.

I´m thinkin about upgrading my GPU. Will a GTX 1660 SUPER be enough for keepin´ FPS over 60?

10 hours ago, donnerxm said:

I´m running ETS2 on 3 FHD screens @ 5760 x 1080.

Sometimes i have massive Framedrops to about 30 FPS when there are some more Players in MP.

Normally we´re a group of. 5 drivers. Usually i have 50 to 60 FPS.

My Rig: Ryzen 7 / 2700X - 16 GB RAM @ 3200 - GTX 970 - m.2 SSD.

I´m thinkin about upgrading my GPU. Will a GTX 1660 SUPER be enough for keepin´ FPS over 60?

Trust me, its not your GPU. The game isn't optimized for multicore (Like, DX12 or Vulkan) it can use 3-4 cores, but most work is done on 1 core 😕

Go ahead, open Task manager, and have a look at your CPU/GPU usage when going under 60 FPS :) (If your GPU isn't at 100%, its not your GPU) 

If you upgrade to the 3XXX series Ryzen, you'll get a good jump in single core performance = more players before loosing FPS :) (Your Motherboard MIGHT be compatible with the 3000 series Ryzen, with just a BIOS update :) )

Best Regards

General18

Guest Ryan*

Thanks for the tutorial.🙂