How to increase FPS

i z m

@capsfan147 YOU, my friend, are a star!

I run a heavily modded game (when I play SP) on pretty high-end system that I've built myself (Threadripper 2950, RTX2080Ti, M2.SSD in RAID0/stripe-set).

I could not entirely get rid of the micro stutter/short drops in FPS no matter what I did. Been searching SCS forums and the internet in general.

Followed your suggestion about Low in mirror distance, and the micro stutter is now GONE! :)

(Combined with a fair amount of tweaking of the config file and the command line for starting ETS2 in SP).

Now, I run a modded game at 2560x1440, everything on Ultra except for "your" setting, and very rarely drop below 80 FPS.

Thanks, I owe you a virtual beer, or herbal tea if you're a non-drinker.........

• 1 month later...

I´m running ETS2 on 3 FHD screens @ 5760 x 1080.

Sometimes i have massive Framedrops to about 30 FPS when there are some more Players in MP.

Normally we´re a group of. 5 drivers. Usually i have 50 to 60 FPS.

My Rig: Ryzen 7 / 2700X - 16 GB RAM @ 3200 - GTX 970 - m.2 SSD.

I´m thinkin about upgrading my GPU. Will a GTX 1660 SUPER be enough for keepin´ FPS over 60?

10 hours ago, donnerxm said:

I´m running ETS2 on 3 FHD screens @ 5760 x 1080.

Sometimes i have massive Framedrops to about 30 FPS when there are some more Players in MP.

Normally we´re a group of. 5 drivers. Usually i have 50 to 60 FPS.

My Rig: Ryzen 7 / 2700X - 16 GB RAM @ 3200 - GTX 970 - m.2 SSD.

I´m thinkin about upgrading my GPU. Will a GTX 1660 SUPER be enough for keepin´ FPS over 60?

Trust me, its not your GPU. The game isn't optimized for multicore (Like, DX12 or Vulkan) it can use 3-4 cores, but most work is done on 1 core ?

Go ahead, open Task manager, and have a look at your CPU/GPU usage when going under 60 FPS :) (If your GPU isn't at 100%, its not your GPU) 

If you upgrade to the 3XXX series Ryzen, you'll get a good jump in single core performance = more players before loosing FPS :) (Your Motherboard MIGHT be compatible with the 3000 series Ryzen, with just a BIOS update :) )

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Very very important information really thank you very much.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is indeed a very helpful guide.? Another thing you could do is to actually edit the config.cfg file in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2. Search for the r_mirror_view_distance and lower the value. From example, if it is set at 160, try to lower it to 120. You could try even more, but it's up to you if you don't mind gaining a fair amount of FPS while losing a bit of mirror rendering quality.