How to increase FPS

i z m

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice guide but I'm pretty sure that updating graphics drivers does nothing to help fps at all. I have some tips you could add to this. 

Changing ETS2 priority in task manager to high and killing explorer.exe during gameplay (you can get it back after by going to task manager, click file at the top left, run new task, then type explorer in the box) can help gain a few fps.

Also disabling all services you don't need will free a significant amount of resources.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Great guide :) 
Another thing (atleast for Euro Truck Sim 2), make sure your running DirectX11 and not DirectX9 (I saw someone talking about it in the support room on the discord, and asked about how to check it)

Here's how:

1. Go to 'Documents'

2. Go to 'Euro Truck Simulator 2'

3. Search for the file called 'config.cfg' and open it (With Notepad++ or some other program. I'll recommend Notepad++ though :) )
4. Search for 'r_device'

5. After 'r_device' check if it says either 'dx9' or 'dx11' if its 'dx9', change it to 'dx11' and save :) 

6. Enjoy the game :) 

I went from about 45 fps in an area with 30 people in it, to about 90-95 fps :) 

Dx9 seems to be using only 1 core.

Dx11 uses about 4

Your performance improvement depends on your CPU and GPU ;) 

• Thanks 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

On 8/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, General18 said:

Great guide :) 
Another thing (atleast for Euro Truck Sim 2), make sure your running DirectX11 and not DirectX9 (I saw someone talking about it in the support room on the discord, and asked about how to check it)

Here's how:

1. Go to 'Documents'

2. Go to 'Euro Truck Simulator 2'

3. Search for the file called 'config.cfg' and open it (With Notepad++ or some other program. I'll recommend Notepad++ though :) )
4. Search for 'r_device'

5. After 'r_device' check if it says either 'dx9' or 'dx11' if its 'dx9', change it to 'dx11' and save :) 

6. Enjoy the game :) 

I went from about 45 fps in an area with 30 people in it, to about 90-95 fps :) 

Dx9 seems to be using only 1 core.

Dx11 uses about 4

Your performance improvement depends on your CPU and GPU ;) 

Wow, I  changed to dx11 & got a lovely boost, around 25 fps on high settings.

Great tip, thanks :D

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide. I noticed, that disabling DLC Skin packs in Steam increased FPS and decreased Lags both in Single play and Multi play (TMP).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...