Is ETS2 multiplayer worth getting into if you play ATS MP?

BrianGiordano

30 minutes ago, izm07 said:

Of course- yes! Landscape, roads, random events and trucks are beautiful. Also community- i don't know what to say really... You can find a lot of friendly, funny and respectful players. Just stay away from Calais-Duisburg road for a while. :truestory:

Good luck! ^_^

2 minutes ago, [TurkiyeLojistik] GoknOz said:

@KallusRourke

I think the ATS game engine is bad, therefore there aren’t too many players. :huh:

With how long ETS 2 has been out, is there a new game/new version of it coming out?  I'd hate to buy the game and then two-three months down the road a new game is released.

Most people play ETS2 over ATS due to the significant difference in content. Okay, ATS looks slightly better, especially compared to base game ETS2 (without DLC's). But if you're after mildly populated servers 99% of the time your best bet is ETS2. Only times I've ever seen ATS mildly busy have been when they've released a new DLC.

It really depends on what you look for in a game. In terms of physics and overall gameplay, the games (ETS2/ATS) are very similar in this sense, in contrast to much different content, popularity and player-base of ATS. From playing ETS2 for a good few years, I can say that you wont' be disappointed, but of course, it depends highly on what you want in a game.

ETS2 has a much higher number of players because of the many DLC areas, busy areas (which attract a lot of people soley) and overall, more content to enjoy. ATS however, does not have as much content, and thus experiences lower numbers of players.

In my opinion, you should give it a go and see where it takes you; what can go wrong, after all. In ETS2, you get to experience totally different landscapes, playing style, and beautifully made DLC content. Just get a truck, and do a few loads. That's normally the best way to tell whether your going to like the game or not. Additionally, there is no rush to 'learn the map'; just enjoy the game, and you'll slowly pick things up.

3 hours ago, KallusRourke said:

With how long ETS 2 has been out, is there a new game/new version of it coming out?  I'd hate to buy the game and then two-three months down the road a new game is released.

This is highly unlikely; I don't think there is going to be a new ETS2 game for at least a few years to come, considering the amount of work they are still putting into ETS2 at the moment. It's safe to say that a new ETS2 is way, way down the line at the moment. Of course, there is new game versions being released now and again, but that is expected from a game like this.

Whatever you decide, happy trucking.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

i have both games, and IMO ATS has better stability for the trucks/trailers the ETS. ETS has decent landscapes in the base game (I don't own any of the map dlcs) where ATS has better cities and landscapes, even in the 2 starter states and they extend into the 2 dlc states as well. just basing it off of total map dlcs  ETS has 2 more map dlcs then ATS, and 2 more cargo dlcs, but the france and Italy dlc areas are almost the same size as the state dlcs. given tme ATS can have equal to or more dlc areas then ETS. but it will take time. as for which game is better, it is all down to each persons preference, and mine is ATS. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy playing ETS, I just enjoy ATS more.

Yes, since AMERICAN Truck Simulator doesnt equal EUROPEAN Truck Simulator, there will be a difference between those two multiplayers. In ETS2 you got another landscape, environment and you can see how it feels like being a trucker on European roads, for example SCS is giving us beautiful dlcs, which allows us to expand our mods. They add beautiful details to their new DLCS. It is amazing but not as much as sharing those moments with other people. So I would suggest you install ETS2 MP on your PC and hop on. Maybe you enjoy it, if you enjoy or not is at least your decision!

Sincerely yours

DoritosPowers

It is definitely worth it. Despite the fact that the two games are similiar to each other, the difference between the maps is quite noticable and I am sure you would love the European environment. The variety of trucks will also please your needs.

I would say go for it! ETS 2 is getting to be an old game now, BUT it still has content coming! New trucks, maps and other stuff. It is constantly being updated. So i would not think this game is going into retirement anytime soon. And there mig be a lot of trolls on ETS 2 MP, but there is also a lot of cool people out there. This is a great community, and its great fun. And the game has a lot more content than ATS atm. So give it a go. You wont regret it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived