Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

§2.6 Useless Traffic / Inappropriate parking

Vadim47rus

Why do we need a rule, that everybody is breaking and always breaks? Most people, who go Calais-Duisburg, think like more people means more fun. And they are right, because if you don't want to have a deal with real people, you play single player, if you want to play with your friend and relax, you go to some server with low population, and if you want real action you go Calais-Duisburg. And you go there obviously not to deliver cargos, because you know that you can't get out of the city with no damage, you go there just for fun, for people who are maybe idiots, but they make you laugh or get angry. That's what Calais-Duisburg is.

Hello,

I don't think that the rule is useless. If I remember correctly, it is not a 'hard' offence and the person just will be kicked.

Also you are discribing, that you are get rammed. If I get rammed I just report the person.

If you want to relax, try to avoid calais, duisburg, brussel and rotterdam.

If I want to relax with friends we play on EU4. There is a non-collisions zone and you are protectet of getting rammed.

~Shawk2k50

Hello there.

Please remember this is a simulation game, and therefore, the aim of the game is to deliver cargo, no matter where you are on the map.

If you wish to relax, I suggest Italy or Switzerland, there's some real nice roads up there, that won't leave you with a high amount of damage.

If you must use Calais - Duisburg, then I suggest using EU4 as this is a non-collisions server, and therefore you won't affect anyone else.

What Calais - Duisburg should be is another city like any other, just everyone decides to descend there, and therefore we need rules like that in order to allow us to keep order there. The more trucks parked there, the more lag there will be as well.

Therefore, please be considerate and don't park or be useless traffic on Calais-Duisburg road, it ruins the experience of simulation for everyone else.

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

It might seem some kinda pointless. In fact, it's a rule that can be broken without any punishments. It's rather an advice than a rule.

It was the same with the "You have to follow the road laws" rule. For exampleignoring red lights was not bannable. But this rule was removed during the recent rule update. Maybe this will also happen to §2.6 one day.

Oh, what I almost forgot:

22 minutes ago, Vadim47rus said:

you go there just for fun

Many people also go there to report the reckless drivers. They probably don't know that they are causing more harm this way.

That rule might seem pointless when C-D is quieter or not too busy but when the servers full during peak times and there can be big traffic jams with 80 to100+ people stuck in traffic or the roads just extremely busy that rule is needed due to the very high numbers there and the lag, its needed to help keep things under control and try to reduce lag when its very busy like that

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

This rule was accepted for understandably reasons.
Of course, there are players who aim to play on C-D for fun.
But there are a lot of players that simply trucking cargo and do not understand what is happening and why such chaos in one place. Players parked on sidewalk, someone is trying to overtake, ramming etc.
All this happens most often in places where there may be more than 25-50 players in one place. As a reason, more lags and the number of accidents increases and as a reason - traffic jam.
That's why parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason, not allowed. And there is a rule to the game moderators could take action, due normalizing traffic.

On 30.12.2017 at 7:51 PM, Vadim47rus said:

Why do we need a rule, that everybody is breaking and always breaks? Most people, who go Calais-Duisburg, think like more people means more fun. And they are right, because if you don't want to have a deal with real people, you play single player, if you want to play with your friend and relax, you go to some server with low population, and if you want real action you go Calais-Duisburg. And you go there obviously not to deliver cargos, because you know that you can't get out of the city with no damage, you go there just for fun, for people who are maybe idiots, but they make you laugh or get angry. That's what Calais-Duisburg is.

As a reminder, I would like to quote again the complete paragraph of this rule:

§2.6 Useless Traffic / Inappropriate parking*

Repeatedly driving to and from an area of high population with no aim other than specifically to cause more traffic. This applies to areas with 25+ users. Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason. This applies to areas with 25+ users. Using the designated car parks is fine when there is low traffic in the area.

As you can see, the rule does not restrict anybodys entertainment, nor is its applicability restricted to the area of Calais-Duisburg only.

It is quite the opposite - it ensures an enjoyable gameplay for everyone.

Rules can be guidelines and as such, act as recommended practises. Rules can also be policies to define how and when violations may be permitted or tolerated.

In any case, their intention is to provide a fair and friendly atmosphere.

And that is why we need rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived