CB update

Bastiti

Basically, the idea would improve realism.

But an increased range would also broadcast transmissions from larger distances, which could make it difficult to communicate via CB radio.

Users should try to exploit the maximum potential of the many different channels available, so not everybody transmitts on the same channel.

• 1 month later...

I'd love it. Aside of the current abuse of CB in congested areas with music or insulting, some other areas are vastly isolated and would be nice to hear if there's anyone around. Especially the dlc areas, where there is less abuse, and people driving there persuade more realism.

Not sure on this part, but just checking a CB website of my country, the modulation with more transmission power is SSB(12W), AM and FM have the same (5W). So it should be either SSB or AM/FM. It should not be confused with AM and FM radio, that although having different modulation, they also have different frequencies that propagate differently.

We already have chaos with the in-game voice system. As @[LKW Tr.] bobi124 told I too turned my CB off, because of the 24/7 spam and abuse of this function. Screaming ; making weird noises ; talk trash ; Listenin someone else's stupid music ; etc.   Especially in areas with medium ~ high popularity it's insane.

If you want to play with your friend, buddy or company you can use like every normal person who plays multiplayer games external softwares for communications like Skype ; TeamSpeak3 ; Discord and many other. Why should I be forced to listen the B.S. that others are using the CB for? 

-1 I did not like this idea.because it's a very long range of 40 km.I am sure that if the players talk, there will be a lot of noise pollution.(within 40 km range)

I think it is more appropriate range if it is maybe 10 or 15 km.

On 15/04/2018 at 9:36 AM, Tosh8 said:

We already have chaos with the in-game voice system. As @[LKW Tr.] bobi124 told I too turned my CB off, because of the 24/7 spam and abuse of this function. Screaming ; making weird noises ; talk trash ; Listenin someone else's stupid music ; etc.   Especially in areas with medium ~ high popularity it's insane.

If you want to play with your friend, buddy or company you can use like every normal person who plays multiplayer games external softwares for communications like Skype ; TeamSpeak3 ; Discord and many other. Why should I be forced to listen the B.S. that others are using the CB for? 

Hi Tosh8 i understand where you are coming from.

A lot of people use the CB because they don't have discord and etc if you don't want to be on the same channel as everyone else you can change or you can turn CB off. :) 

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2018 at 10:42 PM, christianbro said:

I'd love it. Aside of the current abuse of CB in congested areas with music or insulting, some other areas are vastly isolated and would be nice to hear if there's anyone around. Especially the dlc areas, where there is less abuse, and people driving there persuade more realism.

Not sure on this part, but just checking a CB website of my country, the modulation with more transmission power is SSB(12W), AM and FM have the same (5W). So it should be either SSB or AM/FM. It should not be confused with AM and FM radio, that although having different modulation, they also have different frequencies that propagate differently.

Yep it what i should Saïd ! Because i'm à HAM member. And it Washington more RP with Ur proposition

Best regards,

Bastiti

Bad idea, people rarely use it to warn others. Its mostly abused by people playing music, police sirens & insulting each other.....so unless a auto mute is added to block those out, its just gonna add more range to annoy the hell out of people. Would you want to listen to someone spamming " never gonna give you up " from felixtowe when your say in london, dover or calais? I sure as hell wouldn't!

+1 on the idea but -1 due to what would happen ( unless an auto mute is put in place for abuse ) 

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.