Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ATS Random Road Events + MP?

Zomb Lee

Question

Hey guys, just a quick few questions on the "newer" features of ATS and the truckers MP version.

I walked away from MP for awhile and came back recently long after the doubles update for ATS and have been playing online on the US servers for about 3 or 4 days now. I know the ATS version that is supported by MP is a version behind, but even still its been so long that I've fired up ATS I am still discovering some new features/settings.

One of those settings is the "Random Events" slider in the gameplay settings tab. Apparently, it adds random events that could pop up along your route. I first noticed the feature with a lot of road construction coming up on places in the map where there was never road construction.

Then I began to see traffic cops directing traffic away from plumes of smoke that were jetting up from nowhere...presumably an AI car that the MP mod couldn't display...then the thought occurred to me...

If a random road event pops up on my route as I'm driving it, and say, I have to change lanes and slow way down ect, do other players also see this?! Or will some guy behind me think I'm falling asleep or something. Is it synced to the server like the day/night and traffic lights? (Are the traffic lights at the construction sites that merge to one incoming/opposing lane, still out of sync?

Sorry for deluge of questions, but I can't really find this information anywhere. Sorry if I missed a discussion on it already. 

Edited by Zomb Lee

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

5 answers to this question

It happens rarely that there are other players behind you in ATSMP.

tbh at this moment it doesn't matter what they think of you. They'd rather call you drunken if you smashed into a (invisible for them) random event.

Try in every case to avoid a collision. If you cannot switch lanes due to an overtaking player, slow down. If you cannot slow down due to other players behind you, park on the side of the road.

But this will probably never happen.

If you record your gameplay, it is enough to slow down. If you get reported for the sudden brake, you have a justification :) 

• Upvote 1

Great to know, thanks for the information, guys. And it may not be too rare to see other drivers, since the holidays the ATS US server has seen around 300 people at peak times....small numbers to ETS 2, but thats pretty busy for just a few States on the map. 

Hopefully there will be another surge in popularity when and if the MP update drops for ATS to support the new version. 

Edited by Zomb Lee

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Welcome back @Zomb Lee,

Have you received the answers you were looking for regarding your query? If so, please let us know so that we may conclude this topic as "solved".

As for:

Hopefully there will be another surge in popularity when and if the MP update drops for ATS to support the new version. 

Hopefully too, but just a friendly note you may contribute further regarding ^ in this discussion if you'd like.

This is so as to prevent any further straying away from your initial query and/or potential post-farmers.

Sorry for any inconvenience but we would appreciate your cooperation in informing us if you are satisfied with the replies you've received.

With regards,

MettleMeat

TruckersMP Moderator

EDIT: Issue solved. OP is satisfied.

//Locked and moved to solved.

Edited by MettleMeat
  • Thanks 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

^Yes please, by all means close the topic to stop any clutter, I got the answers I needed. I appreciate the help.

Thanks! 

• Thanks 1