automatic kick for headlights

carolinafrog

seriously??? theres no change in environmental lighting but "hey, its 1600, you have 10sec to turn on your headlights even tho sunset isnt till 1900" and its in such small print that unless you knew to look for it, it wouldnt be easily seen!!  if you want headlights mandatory on your servers.. why not just add the code to turn the on automatically? this is ridiculous! "hey, we're gonna make you go thru a whole side option of mandatory events or we'll kick you midway thru your mission".... seriously?

Hello @carolinafrog, I think you have not checked the updated rules.

§4.2 Server Auto Kicks

• Headlights - Headlights must always be on between the hours of 16:00 (4pm) - 07:00 (7am)

This new rule was added which could match with in real life.when your truck is moving with no lights you will be warned for 10 seconds,all you need to do is just turn on headlights.if you don't turn on then you will be kicked.this rule also added to kick the members who are ghost driving.

UxiKSFa.png

here is the problem, when the rule was changed it was to reflect the winter mod, which is part of ETS, and it was because a lot of people were using the mod. originally it was 24/7 that lights had to be on. they changed it to be 4pm to 7am for those, like me, who are not using the winter mod. how ever the mod isn't part of ATS as of yet. so the rule of lights being on at 4pm vs the old time of 7pm is kind of out in left field. I would agree that yes if we had the mod as well, then require them to be on at 4pm. since we do not have it, it should still be 7pm. for me personally, it isn't an issue since most times I turn my lights on at 4pm.

22 hours ago, Ajith18592 said:

Hello @carolinafrog, I think you have not checked the updated rules.

§4.2 Server Auto Kicks

• Headlights - Headlights must always be on between the hours of 16:00 (4pm) - 07:00 (7am)

This new rule was added which could match with in real life.when your truck is moving with no lights you will be warned for 10 seconds,all you need to do is just turn on headlights.if you don't turn on then you will be kicked.this rule also added to kick the members who are ghost driving.

the issue is that.. because of the rule about driving with headlights, i had to unmap the headlight key off my g13 keypad so i'd stop accidentially killing my lights and getting kicked, i'd log in, kick em on, and get rolling... somehow while i was in the garage, the got turned off and i went rolling down the highway around 1500... and at 1600 kicked... if i wanted to go back to being the ridiculous "OCD pre-tripper" i was when i was on the job... i'd jump back to it..  but this is a game and considering how often the kicks happen no matter how hard i try to remember to kick em on and leave em on.... other factors create issues, and then the kicks just start becoming a gigantic annoyance

15 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

beacons don't count as headlights, as for why it didn't kick you it was definitely a bug.

I did it again, this time on accident while leaving a city last night.  Only had DRL's on and pulled out on the road and got the message right away on ETS this time.  Must have just been a glitch or I didn't have them off long enough or something.

This is only because their were so many people ghost driving (driving without any light on) and the only way to prevent this is to do this method which is a pretty good idea.

I realy like the idea for code which can automatically turn on lights. It will be very cool to add this feature, but there is a small problem: That should be done from the Truckers MP team and they don't have enough time to it so it will be better to text to SCS it will be cool to have this even in singleplayer.

On 13/01/2018 at 8:21 AM, SilentSquads said:

Related to the above question, headlights are usually used during 6pm - 5am but they are most likely basing it on the winter times when the day goes quicker and the night lasts longer. Hence why they require headlights At 4pm.

Yes, due to the winter mod being added the developers decided to make the time when headlights were needed earlier to make it more realistic to Winter, just be happy you don't have to have your lights on 24/7 in Scandinavia as it is law there and the further north you go in real life the shorter the days get until there just isn't any sun at all.  The Lofoten Islands experience no sun for several months a year so yeah...  

I was sent the same message when I got kicked but then just to make sure that it wasn't my fault I read the rules just to see, and of course throughout the entire page of rules it is not said even once that our headlights must be on at a specific time.  I understand that it is a new rule but next time you implement a new rule, out of courtesy, please include it in some type of public service announcement or newsletter.  I'm sure this happens to way more players than are willing to write about it, especially new players, I understand that this is a simulator and it should be realistic, however, a notice would have been much appreciated!

Then, at this point, whether ATS and ETS should be treated separately, if it is to simulate realism, then the European law is not suitable for the United States.

as I mentioned earlier in this topic the times very from state to state, but the federal rule for head lights being turned on, is dusk to dawn, just before sun down to just after sun up. in Alaska it is light on 24/7 due to the short day light period during winter, and during the summer it is lights on for 2 or 3 hrs. the average time though is 6pm to 6am. if the winter mod were added to ATS then yes the blanket rule would work fine, but IMO, until that happens the lights on rule needs to be on a game by game basis.

• 3 weeks later...

Thread inactive, closed and moved to Archive.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Archived