Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Does Graphics settings makea difference when FPS are so low in populated areas?

Falcon Transport

Question

My hardware runs the game without any issues but obviously when there are a lot of trucks there is a major drop in fps for everyone! I run on ultra settings with GPU at 35% Usage and CPU and 25% Usage when there are only a few trucks about my fps stays hight but I am aware that despite that, tweaking some of the graphics settings to medium or low will gain a few extra FPS when the area is populated and your frame rate is at 25fps but which of the settings actually make a difference in this scenario? Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Hi Falcon Transport,

so yes to lower your settings a little bit helps you to get some more FPS if you 

drive into populated areas. Or just to disable on your settings the People what you

see walking on the side of the road.

But another thing is what says into your Tab -> settings into general the first

setting? Is it on enabled or disabled? Because if you have enabled it you can get some

little lags too.

I hope that answer your question for a little bit.

~Harley~

Edited by [TUG] Harley

5 hours ago, [TUG] Harley said:

Hi Falcon Transport,

so yes to lower your settings a little bit helps you to get some more FPS if you 

drive into populated areas. Or just to disable on your settings the People what you

see walking on the side of the road.

But another thing is what says into your Tab -> settings into general the first

setting? Is it on enabled or disabled? Because if you have enabled it you can get some

little lags too.

I hope that answer your question for a little bit.

~Harley~

I heard that lowering shadows and mirror distance helps but without population it makes no difference, maybe it will make a more effective difference when more players are around, I guess I will have to perform some of my own little tests when in a populated area one day :) What you are talking about is Vertical sync I think, I have it enabled at my monitors refresh rate as having it disabled causes lag for me when the fps goes above my monitors refresh rate of 60.

5 hours ago, Carrera18 said:

hello @Falcon Transport ; 

If you have enough video cards to support the game, the graphics settings MP will not be very effective, let's say 10% at most. We need more RAM to play MP. it will not drop fps even in crowded places due to the minimum 8 gb of RAM.

cordially,

I have a very good card so I agree with you with the 10% difference at most, it is pretty logical I guess ha. I will run the program I have been using recently called MSI Afterburner which monitors how much of your hardware gets used when you are playing a game so I can learn from that if anything is getting used too much when I am in a busy area and go from there, I have noticed though that frame drops happen even with my hardware at 50% usage.

Hi Falcon Transport,

No the vertical sync is into your settings ingame, but i am talking about into your tab list this 

setting under "General" there is a name it calls -> Development logging and i had some tests

and if its enabled you will get some lags if someone comes to your tab list.

Thats the reason why i said you should disable this setting and test it again ;)

~Harley~