Automatic crash reporter

theblitz707

suggestion name: automatic crash reporter

any examples images: No unfortunately :( 

Why should it be added?: Recently i watched an admin ban people on youtube and while i was watching i noticed that he was getting lots of reports at the same time which, i think, some of them might be little kids reporting randomly.. and sometimes people cant report other truckers who hit and disappear suddenly.. also admins dont have time to check all the reports sometimes.. So i thought about an automatic reporter which tries to identify a crash depending on the trucks position(front or behind), lane, speed and distance from each other. People can still report but these kind of automatic reports will be the priorities.

suggestion description:

Position working with speed: 1- A single lane, two trucks going 50-100 meter seperately . Front truck slows down and the truck behind him hits it. Since there is a  long distance, the behind trucker is at fault for not slowing down accordingly.

2-A single lane, two trucks going  -50(equal or less) meter seperately(possibly traffic). Since the distance is close, there is a new factor: Brake intensity. If for example front truck uses an unrealistic %80+ intensiy breaking and behind trucker can not stop, front trucker should be at fault.

Changing lanes: 3- If a trucker has been going in a lane and another trucker cuts him off and hits him, the lane changing trucker should be at fault. If the truck has succesfully changed lanes(all of the wheels are in the lane), any kind of accident shouldnt be related to changing lanes but to "2- rule". If the lane changing truck hits brakes while changing lanes there are 2 situations:

4- If a truck started changing lanes on a city road 50 meters ahead of the other trucker that is on the other lane, the behind trucker will have to slow down or any accident will be at his fault. Even if the front trucker has %80+ brakes, the behind trucker should be able to stop considering it is a city.

-If changing lanes on the highway there must be +150 meter distance behind the truck that is on the other lane.If there is less space than that and an accident happens: Either the lane changer will be at fault or if the behind truck is over the speed limit, they will share the fault.

(Lane changing should be done less than 3 seconds on highway and 5 seconds in city to prevent any complication) (Changing a lane starts as the first wheel enters the lane and finishes as the last wheel leaves the lane)

Wrong Way: 5- If an accident has happened on wrong way, the wrong way driver is at fault no matter if the right way driver exceeding the speed limit or not. For any other type of crash, exceeding the speed limit 5 seconds before the crash will result in that driver being slightly or fully faulty depending on if caused the accident or not.

Passing on Red Light: Its discussable but in my opinion even if the light is red..: In UK players can turn left and in Europe players can turn right carefully. If any kind of accident happens during this interval, the truck passed on red will be at fault since the green light truckers is not supposed to give way.

Blocking: For any reason (engine break, intentional, reporting, just crashed etc.) stopping on the road more than 20 seconds should be faulty. You should either f7+enter or be reported by this system as the top priority. (Because this situation causes huuuge traffic in busy areas)

Im sure this has lots of flaws and can be improved but if a system like this somehow implemented in the game, trollers would have lessen in numbers and act everywhere as they act near an admin :) And justice would be served to everyone even if they are not near an admin.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

-1 simply because there are too many variables to make the reports accurate, especially when pointing the finger. 

I mean, take your example of two trucks following within 100m of each other, irl 100m is a fairly large gap, in terms of ETS2/ATS, 100m is about 1-1 and a half truck lengths apart, so being able to react to the guy in front slowing, plusthe differences in truck and trailer weight, plus the reason for the brakes being applied, all factor in to what’s happening, so the auto report would have to determine all of that and more to make accurate reports. 

Also to clarify, in the uk, red light means stop, you can only move if the light is green, regardless of turning left or right or straight through, at least, that’s how my instructor and theory test told me. But in the world of TMP, passing a red light isn’t frowned upon that much as much as other situations, such as cross traffic and collisions, but that falls under different regulations anyway. 

As for blocking, unless it is clearly specified within the code, anyone who pulls over, either on a hard shoulder or truck stop will potentially be blocking, same as getting fuel. Also, anyone stuck in a traffic jam could be potentially deemed as blocking for more than 20 seconds. 

In in my opinion, the best solution is to just simply record with a free recording software, report it yourself to the admins via the current report system. At the very least it will cut down on the number of false reports and, especially if the reports are being sent to admins with your system, will reduce admin work load in comparison, meaning more trolls, bad drivers and road ragers get caught than if admins have to deal with thousands of false auto reports. 

• Upvote 8

• 2 months later...
On 05.01.2018 at 3:31 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

-1 simply because there are too many variables to make the reports accurate, especially when pointing the finger. 

I mean, take your example of two trucks following within 100m of each other, irl 100m is a fairly large gap, in terms of ETS2/ATS, 100m is about 1-1 and a half truck lengths apart, so being able to react to the guy in front slowing, plusthe differences in truck and trailer weight, plus the reason for the brakes being applied, all factor in to what’s happening, so the auto report would have to determine all of that and more to make accurate reports. 

Also to clarify, in the uk, red light means stop, you can only move if the light is green, regardless of turning left or right or straight through, at least, that’s how my instructor and theory test told me. But in the world of TMP, passing a red light isn’t frowned upon that much as much as other situations, such as cross traffic and collisions, but that falls under different regulations anyway. 

As for blocking, unless it is clearly specified within the code, anyone who pulls over, either on a hard shoulder or truck stop will potentially be blocking, same as getting fuel. Also, anyone stuck in a traffic jam could be potentially deemed as blocking for more than 20 seconds. 

In in my opinion, the best solution is to just simply record with a free recording software, report it yourself to the admins via the current report system. At the very least it will cut down on the number of false reports and, especially if the reports are being sent to admins with your system, will reduce admin work load in comparison, meaning more trolls, bad drivers and road ragers get caught than if admins have to deal with thousands of false auto reports. 

okay i know some of the things i wrote are complicated and probably a little unrealistic. The red light thing also applies to turkey but there are genereally also " you can turn left/right" lights. Anyways if only the wrong way and blocking parts were implemented to the game ,it would still give admins a huge relief by having them not work on these obvious %100 ban or %100 kick people.

4 hours ago, theblitz707 said:

okay i know some of the things i wrote are complicated and probably a little unrealistic. The red light thing also applies to turkey but there are genereally also " you can turn left/right" lights. Anyways if only the wrong way and blocking parts were implemented to the game ,it would still give admins a huge relief by having them not work on these obvious %100 ban or %100 kick people.

The thing is, unless the automated system can self diagnose whether an incident occurs because it’s intentional or accidental, you’re just walking a road full of false bans, false reports and more headaches for admins than it’s worth. 

Thing of it this way, if you automate a blocking system that reports if a truck is stationary for x time in y position, then technically anyone caught up in a traffic jam or other such incidents will then be reported because they are technically blocking traffic. 

Same with wrong way, unless the auto systemcan see that, yes, player A made a hazardous manoeuvre that caused a collision, it wasn’t any sort of evasive action or just a general overtake of a much slower vehicle or other innocent actions, but is purely intentional, then fair enough, but to program that level of sophistication to ensure accurate results, it’s just not worth it, it’s easier to just let the human eye determine what’s intentional and what’s not. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Better will be to store unclaimed reports on server (2 minutes demo recording)  and deal with the all reports later,. This idea has many minus - HDD space, much GM's to do the amount of work (thousands reports daily), and it's hard to realize this thing. So, your better option is to record the violations and make a reports on the website.

rxpl4t-6.png.74d0bdf6b3661495631c6804adc82df2.png

I disagree with this solely because not every accident constitutes a rule violation.

This would simply increase the work-load of the administration team by having them review every collision to determine if a rule was even broken. As opposed to our current system where, if a collision does occur, the players themselves actually serve as a buffer between "accident that doesn't need reporting/administration review" and "a collision caused by reckless driving/rule violation." 

Current: Collision Occurs --> Player Determines If a Report is Necessary --> Submits a Report --> Administration Reviews report and determines its validity

Versus

Suggestion: Collision Occurs --> Administration Reviews Collision and determines whether rule violation was present

• Upvote 2

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

• 1 month later...

I think this is a great idea on paper, the issue I see is implementation. 

The speed one will be hard cause the game will have to identify speeds of both trucks compared to the speed limits.

The other big thing I noticed that I want to comment on is the blocking one is hard because someone who stops at red lights will no doubt wait more than 20 seconds cause the lights take forever. SO hes gonna get auto reported for following the rules. 

Also I feel this will not help the admins at all as they are already swamped with reports to look at from both in game if possible and the website. This will only increase the amount of reports and lead to things getting done even slower than they already are.

• True Story 1

Can't agree to this. With your suggested system, players would be reported for accidental incidents. Imagine one player is lagging and another crashes into him, because of the lag. The system would report him, and so many other players, that it would give tons of unnecessary work to the GM's. The thing with the red lights may be right in some countries for example the USA but not for Europe. Anyways i see rarely people paying attention on red lights.

I recommend you to just record your gameplay if you are scared of beeing rammed (as I do) and report players not following the rules on the TMP-Website. Otherwise I think we should just have fun playing the multiplayer trucking game :-)  Thinking of a system that sorts the reports, so the players that have been reported from many people show up first, sounds better to me. (Not sure if this last point isn't already implemented)

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 22/05/2018 at 1:17 AM, [VIVA] dFuZe said:

Hello , 

It sounds like a great idea but you have to remember. If you was driving a truck and someone asked for help (stuck in a ditch) and your having to ram the player. There will be to many useless reports goimg through to the system. 

+1 -1 

also imagine if you are in an area of the map which has active collisions and dirt, you're in a truck that even with diff-locks is constantly wheel spinning because you can't get traction so you ask a person behind to give you a push because he has double drive (you may have only got a level 14 truck so 4x2 with weedy levels of power is all you are going to get, do you want a ban to be issued to a friend who you have asked to give a gentle push?

There are enough fraudlulent reports going on for things like blocking because someone can't do a dangerous overtake, the mod's don't need the hassle.  Best thing is to use the existing reports.  imagine being reported for ramming and auto banned for 3 days because somene hit you doing a dangerous overtake and due to the backloads your ban appeal doesn't get dealt with until its expired.  remember, as its impact generated if someone hits you, you could also be auto reported and if you have history, BANNED for something that you have not done.

so my take on it:

KEEP THE REPORTING SYSTEM AS IT IS - DO NOT CHANGE IT!

On 25/05/2018 at 2:05 PM, [WT] Bingo [CH] said:

Can't agree to this. With your suggested system, players would be reported for accidental incidents. Imagine one player is lagging and another crashes into him, because of the lag. The system would report him, and so many other players, that it would give tons of unnecessary work to the GM's. The thing with the red lights may be right in some countries for example the USA but not for Europe. Anyways i see rarely people paying attention on red lights.

I recommend you to just record your gameplay if you are scared of beeing rammed (as I do) and report players not following the rules on the TMP-Website. Otherwise I think we should just have fun playing the multiplayer trucking game :-)  Thinking of a system that sorts the reports, so the players that have been reported from many people show up first, sounds better to me. (Not sure if this last point isn't already implemented)

I stop at lights and have had people swear at me in various languages, lean on their horns and flash lights because NOTHING is coming, yet I am at a RED traffic light so stay put.
I have been reported for blocking as I was merging slowly with traffic at the Duisburg end of the CD, a speed rocket wanted to get past.
I have probably been reported for blocking because I do 60km/h on a single lane road, even if its posted 80km/h. 

this could also lead to you being reported for ramming and banned because someone has CUT YOU OFF diving out of the way of oncoming traffic because they have done a dangerous overtake

• 1 month later...