Wintermod - The First 48 Hours (An Apology)

Kat_pw

I love the detailed and technical write-up. Great work as always Kat, and everyone else involved. This place wouldn't be in the state its in without the hard work and dedication from you all.

Edited by JeffSFC
  • Upvote 2

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

How about updating Multi-player to support SCS ATS version 1.29.1.17 witch came out like over THREE WEEKS AGO now that y'all are done playing with your self's, getting Multi-player updated to support the two version updates SCS put out for it just in the passed four days and playing with this useless winter mod.

It sucks it takes like three to four weeks for y'all to patch MP for one ATS version update and only like four days for y'all to get ETS2 patched up with the two version updates it had and also getting this winter mod working on it and that was all like a week after SCS put the one version update out for ATS.

:truestory:    :angry:

TL;DR : Make the plan. Execute the plan. Expect the plan to go off the rails. Throw away the plan

1 hour ago, Kat_pw said:

If you’d REALLY like to see what the download server can do now that it’s not being abused with more than we planned, press F1 with the launcher open to clear out your local files and try to download it again! :)

And now, you'll break their servers again by having 108k people downloading it from scratch once more. :D

13 minutes ago, Nutty Wolf said:

How about updating Multi-player to support SCS ATS version 1.29.1.17 witch came out like over THREE WEEKS AGO now that y'all are done playing with your self's, getting Multi-player updated to support the two version updates SCS put out for it just in the passed four days and playing with this useless winter mod.

It sucks it takes like three to four weeks for y'all to patch MP for one ATS version update and only like four days for y'all to get ETS2 patched up with the two version updates it had and also getting this winter mod working on it and that was all like a week after SCS put the one version update out for ATS.

:truestory:    :angry:

I recommend you to read the news and be polite because if you think it's just a simple patch to support the new ats version, you might as well do it yourself. The devs are having a busy time and can't always promise a new update, they have been focusing on getting the winter mod and special cargo supported. Being a jerk about it will just get yourself in a worse position.

1 hour ago, explocraft said:

Just an idea, why not using some p2p for udpates ? It can really decrease the load on servers, just by making everyone uploading too :P I know some games like World of Tanks (and all games from this editor) use this.

You still need the brute force to do the initial seed with p2p, it also makes the updater significantly more complex, and error prone.

thanks for everything :tmp:

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

My friend Kat, thanks for the apology but it is not needed. ALL the time, aggravation, no sleep, and devotion that you go thru constantly along with others on the Team is VERY much appreciated!!!! At least by me & I know several others that feel the same way. Like you said trial & error, not EVERY roll out is going to be perfect (at first) & that should be understood by anyone that has ever owned a computer & had load issues. My internet actually sux, but I still was able to process the update. But I also had the forethought to get in early!! I was # 5 on the server, 3 hours before the Express was to depart. I already knew there were going to be issues especially with this large of an Event. I do know others that notified me they had very slow process in the update, but that was because they waited until the last minute or later when the servers were popping like popcorn. Lol Don't worry about it, the Snow Mod is absolutely amazing except for the headlight 10 Second rule, which by the way has carried over to ATS as well but I assume that is for the future update. I also realize this is from 10gbps as a rule & not completely in your control. Thank you for taking the time to educate those unaware so that they may somehow understand just what you ALL go thru & the sleepless nights that you ALL devote to TMP as a whole. There will be those who still do not understand and think that the internet is suppose to work perfectly at all times, but at one time people thought the world was FLAT & it was hard to get them to wrap there head around the fact that it's round. So don't worry, we are here backing you bro. And for the ATS issues that people keep complaining about, I know will come around soon as well. Great job & again you works are not unappreciated by no means !! :<)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A Simple Cheeseburger said:

Who has water and not milk in oatmeal?

:troll:

It depends what sort it is - some porridge uses water I think. 

Anyway Kat thank you for the detailed story, very enlightening. I will be able to experience it fully from Thu (although I'd rather do it in-sync with cold weather IRL but we'll have to see if we get any more!)

-Davina-

Edited by DavinaETS