Simulation or game

anthony272

Beside the two Truck Sim's I have (ATS / ETS ), I have for the past 20 years flown in the Microsoft Flight Sim's

Wouldn't it be great if Truck sim could be the land version of Flight simulators.

I have flown for virtual airline "nobleair.net" for 17 years and the advances over the years have been massive.

Trucks could be driving all around the world but things like Real world weather implemented,

as in wind snow rain even hurricane force weather could be downloaded as in Flight sim's

multi-play already written into trucks, so no matter where in the world you were, all players could be

on the same server.

Maybe one day if I'm we lucky to live long enough, just maybe Flight sim, Trucks ,buses ,trains and ship sim could be amalgamated

all into one multiplayer simulation.

Merry Christmas all

Its would great if all the simulations are combined together in multiplayer, It might be possible to create in single player but it will never happened in multiplayer or not for some years. here the quality of game will decrease because they need to concentrate on each and everything. It will be chaos in multiplayer.maintaining a game like that requires help from many people.Don't forget about hackers and trollers.:P

UxiKSFa.png

/moved from General Discussion to Other games, since he talk about a Flight Simulator and other vehicles

So back to topic

Hmm...

I would be nice if Truck, Bus, Flight and etc Sim are together in a one game but the Developers have to scan so many vehicles/aircrafts and the size of the game would be so ~ 100 GB.

But what you can expect is a Coach Simulator from SCS Software, maybe will TMP make this Coach Sim to a MP Game like ETS2 and ATS.

Whats the reason why you can find bus stops in mostly every city.

I would love this community to take on the mindset of a VATSIM but sadly I don't think that will happen. I follow the speed limits, flash overtaking players back in, use my hazards when parking a trailer etc and I practice patient and respectful driving habits. Creating a realistic experience is my goal when I get out on the virtual road. I wish more could do the same but sadly a lot like to ignore the word simulator in the title of both games. Anyway, flight sim games have a very mature player-base and a lot of users have invested time and money to create a unique and realistic experience. I feel like since ETS2 and ATS don't cost as much to play and enjoy and can therefore it attracts a wider audience range. They also don't cause you to invest a lot of thinking into it in order to understand them.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

^

If we compare the 2 type of games, the learning curve it's way more simple in a trucking game.

A pilot in order to execute a successful flight (let's say VFR) needs at least 50 hours of training.  

A driver in order to drive from point A to Point B needs only the tutorial (you can finish it  in like 10 minutes)

Also in a flight sim any mistake will cost you dearly, as in a trucking sim, your mistakes are most of time overlook. 

@JeffSFC,

I totally agree.

Though the comparison to VATSIM is not an easy one for ETS2/ ATS.

VATSIM has not only a more mature community. It simply has more to offer.

One can chose to become pilot and/ or Air Traffic Controller. Both choices offer a lot of variety, from General Aviation to Heavy Metal and from Ground to Center.

If one wants to go down that path, one has to go trough a lot of reading and training. Its depth and level of detail is nearly unmatched.

Looking back, it literally took me month to understand phraseology and charts, not to mention the different flight systems.

That is what I think the truck simulators are still missing.

As @Velaurius correctly stated,  it then is not much more than start the engine and drive from A to B.

I improved my gameplay by turning off player icons and list, GPS map and mirrors, and following real life traffic rules as close as possible.
Steering wheel, shifter, pedals and TrackIR are a another boost, too.

@Velaurius, @Joao Rodrigues you are both correct. Perhaps the best we can do it approach both games with the same mindset and that we will use the tools the game gives us to get the most simulation-like experience that we can get.

I wish SCS would have treated the in-cab setup like the flight sims do where you can point to a switch in the interior to turn something on or off. You can still use hotkeys but that level of immersion is always welcomed by me. :D

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I could foresee at some point in the future having say the real life size of Europe in a game like ETS 2 or the US (sorta like the crew or older truckin games)

The tech will prob be developed (see Star Citizen, still in development of course and what not; not gonna get too deep bc of that fiasco) and I do think it would be fun
however, it could maybe be seen as being too big and if so it could create some issues with a lot of emptiness for a multiplayer setting (unless supurb and responsive AI is developed)
Just my two cents ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived