[Poll] Bring back the old Winter Mod

Bring back the old Winter mod  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back the old Winter mod

• Yes
    • No

The hideous roads, the horrifying wall of snow that replaces the rain, pile of just straight white cotton. I am sure I am not the only one here left wondering "why?". 

So please take a second or two out of your life to vote.

Here, take a look at the pile of goodness we were able to wake up to the last Christmas:)

3DC080BED8367E06FB730564127F9ED5610879A9

The winter mod this year is better in my opinion, it is more like the one used in 2014 rather than the 2015/2016 ones.

I actually gained about 20 frames with the winter mod enabled, running all ultra settings, a Titan Xp @3440x1440. This is most likely due to the simpler textures and less grass, but I can't complain. 

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

I think the graphisc are fine, however still no slippery roads, no changes in force feedback and no sounds of snow and ice crackling and popping when you drive over it.

I do not like the snowfall. My eyes start to hurt to see snowflakes as big as tennisballs.

Also the road itself, looks like it is just a image, that is created for just 1x3 meter that has been copied and pasted over the whole road.
A little more difference in the tracks, like tracks that go from left to the right lane and visa versa, and sometimes almost no tracks on the most left lane, would make it better.

In tunnels there should be only some snow on starting and ending. Fully snow covered roads within tunnels is not possible I presume haha

Ow I really like the scenery, that has been done to perfection :)
Especially in the mountains :wub:

It is a good mod tho, it is fun to see everything covered in snow.

I don't like the way the falling snow looks (it seems to fall in unnatural looking "clusters" sometimes) so I turned it off. I also desire it to effect road physics and make them more slick. That being said the winter mod itself is vastly improved over previous years. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

You guys complain that you can't see the road because its too bright? Well, its just like that in real life. But worse. If it would to be realistic we would not even be able to drive during a blizzard. Stop complaining about things and start thanking. Remember... this is a free mod. 

BTW, a picture of what real snow with bright headlights do to the road.

1.jpg

Stupid question but... how do you disabled the snow mod?

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

^^ 

Well, the way I know how to do is quite simple.

Open the game, on multiplayer. When in-game, all you have to do is hit TAB, go to the MODS TAB, and simply uncheck the box that says snow mod, or something like that, and apply. I'm not sure if you need to restart the game.. 

In my opinion, old wintermod was much better, because snowfall in this version looks too bad. Even Trap Nation has better snowfall in their videos then TruckersMP. 

Also I cant disagree with @chevytime, you cant see anything on road if u use lights. Because of this we will have lots of crashing moments.

This years mod is much better than the previous 2 IMO. Reminds me a lot of the 2014 version. My only complaint would be the tunnels, but shrug.

And to those talking about not being able to see the pavement lines... you people should've experienced the 2014 mod then, the roads were well and truly covered in that one and you couldn't see the lines at all. Some spots didn't have any tire tracks either. In this years you can still somewhat see them. (see spoiler for videos)

Spoiler

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived