Europe 4 no lights

Suggestion Name: Europe 4 No Lights

Suggestion Description:Europe 4 Let's not kick when we do not light the headlights

Any example images: -

Why should it be added?:General rules for Europe 4 [Freeroam] server do not apply.
We are kicked in 10 seconds when we do not headlights the lights.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't agree with your suggestion, if you drive with out light, there will be no realism.The Server Auto Kicks rule for no headlights is made because of winter mod, as it becomes dark by 4 pm. This rule was added to to avoid ghost driving. EU4 server doesn't have many rules as other servers and you still want to remove some more rules.  :wacko:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

UxiKSFa.png

• 2 weeks later...

Big -1, just because the server has no Collide on permanently, doesn’t excuse you from the basic rules of driving any vehicle. Yes you can’t make co tact with someone, but you can indirectly cause an accident by having no lights and then appearing seemingly out of knowhere causing someone to flip over.

Even though no physical contact was made, you should still be liable for causing an accident because of the simple fact that it can scare the hell out of someone just driving along and suddenly seeing a truck appear feet ahead of them and the natural reaction is to take evasive action.

so no, just because you have no Collide, does not excuse you from having no visual marking that people can see you with at night. 

On 05/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, explocraft said:

Ghost driving is not a problem in EU4, as there are no collision. Same for realism : play in EU1 if you want some.

For me, +1.

Also dude, realism isn’t just about driving super legit, it’s about being safe and fair for all, hence why we have rules and regulations. If you want to smash around doing 120 mph on eu4 fair enough, but a line has to be draw somewhere otherwise mass chaos can erupt and no one can do anything about it. 

Not to mention, all it takes is one individual who decides it’s fibe to drive on every server without any lights at night and not get any punishment for it, it’s just a ticking time bomb. 

At maximum, the minimum lighting should at least be sidelights/parking lights, at least then you aren’t just some dark mass flying towards someone. 

I just cant understand why anyone would ever want to drive at night with no lights on, surely you can’t see a foot ahead of you, right?

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 2

Funny how everyone here wants to drive without headlights in the dark. I bet most of the people writing are also driving recklessly in the servers. Risky overtakes, ramming etc.  When u go out at night with your personal vechicle /if u're even older then 18 y.o./ are u driving it without headlights, lol?  If 'yes' then u're for prison for sure. 

No collision is enough.  Or maybe u want no lights ; no dmg. /if u crash by yourself/   ; ghost driving to be able to drive thru the buildings & fields ; no admins ; no rules at all - lets rename the server "Free for all"  ; "Carmagedon" or "GTA: Kids only" 

• Upvote 1

I disagree. Regardless if there is no collision on EU #4 and that the rules there are more lenient than the other servers, people should be driving with their headlights on. It can be frightening to one if they only notice a guy, up-close, going 100km/h without their headlights, heading towards them. Plus, why would you want to drive in the dark any ways? You can't see a thing when it's pitch dark. It's pointless to remove the headlight rule on EU #4, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

+1 for this idea because in freeroam it isn't so important to switch on lights. It is no collision anyway :D

+1 für diese Idee, da auf dem Freeroam-Server ja sowieso keine Kollisionen vorhanden sind. Da braucht man auch kein Licht anzuhaben :D

Best regards,

AC-Group

A situation that is caused by snow mode is very unlikely to be removed specifically for this server.My idea is to lift the obligation to light up the headlight.

On 05.01.2018 at 10:59 PM, explocraft said:

Ghost driving is not a problem in EU4, as there are no collision. Same for realism : play in EU1 if you want some.

For me, +1.

Yes. You're right what you said. I agree with you. +1

RequieB

Game Moderator of the Year 2018 

I'm not sure on this one- of course it makes sense to have lights on otherwise you can't see (and others can't see you), but I'd also say that it wouldn't make any difference if no one can see you because it's non collision and wouldn't cause any accidents or anything- maybe there could be no kick, but every few minutes a chat message could advise the person to "Turn on your lights for other players to see you easier"?

Remember that the no light kick is only around for the length of the winter mod, so it won't be around for too long and the no light kick will disappear again so I wouldn't bother too much about it, it's not like it's a permanent addition ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am neutral on this as a valid point was made that it is no collisions so it wouldn't matter not seeing other drivers as you wouldn't collide.

However I think that @megadethsteve666 is right in the fact if you don't see them and they do appear out of nowhere they could make you flip or crash etc.

10 hours ago, [AL-VTC] Aek177 said:

I am neutral on this as a valid point was made that it is no collisions so it wouldn't matter not seeing other drivers as you wouldn't collide.

However I think that @megadethsteve666 is right in the fact if you don't see them and they do appear out of nowhere they could make you flip or crash etc.

Exactly, it’s like a knee jerk reaction, you seem something appear in front of you, most people will either slam the brakes or swerve to avoid which can cause a wreck.

• True Story 1