Hong Kong Server Speedlimiter

Scar

Hello truckers!

We've been listening to the feedback provided by our players from Asia. Based on that feedback, we decided to remove the speedlimiter on the Hong Kong server. We will observe the server for an unknown period of time to see how this change affects the population and popularity of this specific server. The removal of the speedlimiter is not permanent and can be undone at any time if the community wants it.

Whether you like this change or not, please let us know your personal reasoned opinion about this change on our forums so we can work towards a better online trucking experience for you. For all our truckers that are not affected by this change, you are more than welcome to make a proper suggestion yourself that could improve your experience if you want. Please note that we ask you to search the forum first as other players might have suggested your idea already.

Happy trucking,

TruckersMP Team

View post on homepage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Since there's only one HK server, it's the best thing to do IMO, people who want to follow the speed limits don't need a forced, server-side limiter and maybe more people who were not using the server because of the speed-limiter will start to do it now, having a better ping and thus, a better game experience. But... We all know that most players, from Asia or anywhere else will go to the most crowded server (EU#2) regardless of their ping being worse.

• Community Manager

It's a good idea to be honest... IIRC, no one uses the server a lot, as it's a Asia located server I believe. If you connect to it from (example) America, you'd be literally screwed. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2018/1/1 at 8:21 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

由于只有一个HK服务器,所以做IMO最好的做法是,那些想要遵循速度限制的人不需要强制的服务器端限制器,也许更多的人不使用服务器,因为速度限制器将开始做,现在有一个更好的平,因此,一个更好的游戏体验。但是......我们都知道,来自亚洲或其他任何地方的大多数玩家都会去最拥挤的服务器(EU#2),无论他们的ping是否更糟。

Haha, I saw you, I laughed for a moment. Happy. I am also an Asian, but I am still Chinese. Although my ping is awful and the delay is particularly high, the accelerator will be around 170~220ms, but I will still go (EU#2), nothing else, because ( EU#2) is really a lot of people. Most of the Chinese people love to join together and enjoy the excitement. They like to go to places where there are many people and there are fewer servers in Hong Kong. Too lonely, this is why I like to go (EU#2).

• Guest locked this topic