Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Headlights-ON warning beep

Annaconda

10 hours ago, TairikuOkami said:

It is mostly hard to tell, if it is a day or night, since there is daylight even at midnight.

Besides I was kicked at 15:00 (3pm), that is hardly a night time anywhere.

Not to mention, that lights create an odd dark area being pushed ahead.

The thing is, if people are stupid enough to drive in countries that are not closer to the north (such as all of Scandinavia) with no lights when it’s pitch black, then you deserve being punished, some rules and ideas are too hand holding,  such as this where instead of learning to turn your lights on, there’s a active hint that tells you to, you don’t get that irl. 

Also yo7 have to take into account different weather settings, different countries and people using different graphics settings and brightness levels, say for you, midnight in Germany is just as bright as midnight in the far north, but for others it’s pitch black. I mean, many atime I’ve been driving and almost wrecked because suddenly my lights picked up another truck driver that has no lights on. 

Yes, being kicked at 3pm is wrong, but was it for no lights or another reason?or maybe just a miss identification. 

Also, I’ve never seen a “odd dark area” being cast around the lights, maybe your game needs checking for corrupt files etc because I’ve never seen that.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a very good idea, because if you do not see the message that at least one sound comes:check:

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I do agree with this, you should have something more noticeable than the message in chat. I sometimes have chat of and I get kicked. It would be nice if it could be added. Personally, I think there should be some flashing red thing at the top of the screen that you can't turn off, even with F9 or F11.

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

I do like this idea as sometimes, from my experience, I don't tend to have the chat tab open because it clogs up my view in my truck and next minute, I get kicked.

On 20/07/2018 at 2:12 AM, Nathan said:

Providing we have the ability to toggle whether we want it enabled or not, I don't see why not.

^ This would need to be a thing to make this idea workable.

banner

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

if you failed to turn your headlights on while driving down the highway, you wouldn't be hauled off to jail on the first offense. it would only be after multiple offenses that you would. so insta banning someone for forgetting to turn their headlights on their first, or even their second offense is a very bad idea specially if the person is brand new to MP. some people can get nervous when trying something new and might forget to turn their headlights on. if that person got banned for forgetting to turn their headlights on, on their very first day playing they wouldn't return. now if the person continues to do it then yes, ban them. 

high beams, and the aux. lights are useful when in areas that it is to dark to see. I do agree that they are very bright and annoying when people are following you or coming at you with them on. I have the aux. lights on my truck buts don't have them always set to come on with my high beams. I only turn those on when I know I am going to be going down 2 lane roads, 1 lane in each direction. since I rarely see anyone one online it isn't as big of an issue, but for the EU servers it might be.

now to my opinion on this topic.

the warning indicator for forgetting to turn your lights on might be helpful for new people to MP. but should be optional, not a requirement. if this is or isn't added to the game wont change when I turn on my headlights.

Lmao I legit got banned for driving with no headlights on my second day of TruckersMP