Headlights-ON warning beep

Annaconda

Suggestion Name: Headlights-ON warning beep

Suggestion Description:  The warning message and kick for not following the headlights-on rule is a great idea, but for example when using a 4k monitor or sometimes even a 1080p , the warning message  aswell as any other messages that appear on the bottom-left side of the screen are barely visible, and very easy to miss. Therefore my suggestion is that when a warning message is displayed there, or any admin notifications or reminder, there should be a sound beep to come with it, to get everyone's attention to that message, so no one will miss it. The sound should be similar to the weight station approaching notification sound in ATS, but of course not that long, because that is very anoying. Just one or two short beeps would do the job successfully.

Any example images: Not necessary

Why should it be added?: This will considerably help following some in-game rules.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 13

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, something that can popup like the "GHOST" thing. And make a 15 second cooldown, since we don't really have time to see messages and drive aswell..

Honestly, to me, an audible sound is either distracting or lost in ambient sound, so unless it was an option and not a standard thing, I’d be happy because I’d shut it off immediately.

its more about common sense, if we add so many things to wan people, then people get lazy and do t act and think for themselves, so personally, if you don’t turn your lights on by the time the sun sets, then you are insta banned, people need to learn, not be hand held about what they should do, it’s like following too close, if the person in front hits the breaks and you are not able because you are too close, it’s your fault, you should learn the hard way through punishment to keep a distance, the same applies here, if people can’t be bothered to learn that when it gets to the evening and the sun starts to set, it’s time to put low beam lights on. 

The same can besakd for those who think it’s find to drive all night with high beams and bull bar lights and roof lights turned on, it’s not only blinding for a lot of people but distracting enough to cause a wreck.

all this hand holding with warnings and sounds etc just plays to those who are lazy, it’s as simple as that in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

if you don’t turn your lights on by the time the sun sets, then you are insta banned

if you failed to turn your headlights on while driving down the highway, you wouldn't be hauled off to jail on the first offense. it would only be after multiple offenses that you would. so insta banning someone for forgetting to turn their headlights on their first, or even their second offense is a very bad idea specially if the person is brand new to MP. some people can get nervous when trying something new and might forget to turn their headlights on. if that person got banned for forgetting to turn their headlights on, on their very first day playing they wouldn't return. now if the person continues to do it then yes, ban them. 

high beams, and the aux. lights are useful when in areas that it is to dark to see. I do agree that they are very bright and annoying when people are following you or coming at you with them on. I have the aux. lights on my truck buts don't have them always set to come on with my high beams. I only turn those on when I know I am going to be going down 2 lane roads, 1 lane in each direction. since I rarely see anyone one online it isn't as big of an issue, but for the EU servers it might be.

now to my opinion on this topic.

the warning indicator for forgetting to turn your lights on might be helpful for new people to MP. but should be optional, not a requirement. if this is or isn't added to the game wont change when I turn on my headlights.

• True Story 1

Well the headlights were an example, the idea was to implement  the sound  for any red notifications messages that appear in the bottom-left corner, either as a warning or an admin notification/reminder. For example, sometimes  I am driving in some very less populated areas, and i get kicked automatically because of the high ping, and i dont even notice that until maybe after few hundreds km, unless i had the players list active on the screen and I see it disappearing.   The kick message in the corner is basically invisible on a 4k screen. And there are more examples where the sound would be useful.

20 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

if you failed to turn your headlights on while driving down the highway, you wouldn't be hauled off to jail on the first offense. it would only be after multiple offenses that you would. so insta banning someone for forgetting to turn their headlights on their first, or even their second offense is a very bad idea specially if the person is brand new to MP. some people can get nervous when trying something new and might forget to turn their headlights on. if that person got banned for forgetting to turn their headlights on, on their very first day playing they wouldn't return. now if the person continues to do it then yes, ban them. 

high beams, and the aux. lights are useful when in areas that it is to dark to see. I do agree that they are very bright and annoying when people are following you or coming at you with them on. I have the aux. lights on my truck buts don't have them always set to come on with my high beams. I only turn those on when I know I am going to be going down 2 lane roads, 1 lane in each direction. since I rarely see anyone one online it isn't as big of an issue, but for the EU servers it might be.

now to my opinion on this topic.

the warning indicator for forgetting to turn your lights on might be helpful for new people to MP. but should be optional, not a requirement. if this is or isn't added to the game wont change when I turn on my headlights.

The thing is, it’s common sense no matter your skill level to turn on your lights when it gets dark, what I’m saying is, if you need to be warned by either a message or sound to turn your lights on every time it gets dark, then chances are if that stimulus was removed, that person would not remember to do so, yet if you teach people through punishments, not necessarily insta band, but through other disciplinary means, like kicks and restrictions.

yes aux nights are great when it’s dark, but there is a thing called common decency in which when you see another vehicle, you dip your lights till you are passed the vehicle. I mean, in the EU servers, people just drive with full lights on, even when there are streetlights, so it’s a fair bit obnoxious to be fair. 

@Annaconda

The thing is, not everyone is a fan of audible sounds for warning, not everyone has £2000 monitors that run at 4K, it’s all about what will work for everyone, whether they play on a 360p monitor or a 4K monitor, but from personal experience, I have a 1440p monitor and have 0 trouble seeing the red text, but honestly, if that’s just the issue, then all it needs is the text colour and font size changed to make it more readable, not some distracting sound whenever a message pops up that’s a notice. As for ping, honestly, it doesn’t matter if the tab menu is open or not, sometimes it doesn’t even register on the menu, but a big thing to watch for is other trucks popcorn popping around when you pass them, that’s a good indication that your connection might be dropping. 

@megadethsteve666 

the other thing about the headlight warning, make it so you have to turn it on. I agree if you cant turn your headlights on "when" its dark then yes, you need to receive stiffer punishments. with out the winter mod it doesn't get dark until 7pm, yet you are still required to turn your headlights on at 4pm. this is what the reminder and the audio warning would help. it would point out that hey you need to turn your lights on since it is dark out for some people on the server, even though it isn't dark for you.

as for the AUX lights, if I see other people driving on the same road as I am, either going the same direction as I am on any road/highway, or heading towards me on a 2 lane road then I turn off my AUX lights, when I have them set to be active, when I turn off my high beams. if they are not set to be active I don't bother turning off the high beams, since compared to ATS they are dim. if I have the AUX lights active while I'm driving on a highway, and I'm in the outer most lane I don't turn them off, since I am far enough away from the other driver that it shouldn't be an issue. lately if I'm going to be traveling down a back road then I will pull over and set the AUX light to be active, but will turn off the high beams when someone is approaching for the opposite direction then I am traveling. since that is considered common courtesy and would hope that others will do that as well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, DirtyQTipz2 said:

I'm not opposed to this suggestion, but I struggle to understand how one wouldn't realize their headlights aren't on.  Sometimes I struggle to see everything with just the low beams on....I couldn't imagine attempting to drive without headlights...Just my 2 cents.  

Well try that with the winter mod disabled, when in full daylight, focusing on traffic, after you just upgraded your truck or got a new one, and leaving a crowded service you just find yourself kicked out without noticing the message

Perfect suggestion, the beep will help many people to follow the rules. I agree!

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

On 1/6/2018 at 1:16 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

if you don’t turn your lights on by the time the sun sets, then you are insta banned,

It is mostly hard to tell, if it is a day or night, since there is daylight even at midnight.

Besides I was kicked at 15:00 (3pm), that is hardly a night time anywhere.

Not to mention, that lights create an odd dark area being pushed ahead.