Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Reports are slow.

Kimax

Question

17 answers to this question

Hai again @Kimax,

You say "Is it possible to get some more moderators, so the reports might move a bit faster?" - not really, no; It's takes a lot of work, trust and dedication to be even allowed near to dealing with reports, and we can't just simply 'get more' if we need them. Managers pick new Game Moderators based on many things, but one of the most important things is trust. You think they are going to give admin-perms to someone from outside the team, or to someone who doesn't know how the reports work? I'm afraid not, and this is why it takes a fairly long time to get new and trustworthy Game Mods.

At the moment, and as mentioned above, many of the Game Moderators are away on Holidays, or on a leave-of-inactivity over the holidays. This means that it's inevitable that the report numbers will start to back-up. In the new year, this will drop considerably, and thus report waiting times will decrease. Perhaps some new Game Moderators will be brought in from existing team-members sometime in the new year, but no-one knows, it's down to managers.

Additionally, more Game Moderators does not necessarily guarantee faster report-times. There is other things that need to happen as well as just pressing a few buttons to accept a report, and this all takes time, and a steady hand so-to-say. New Game Moderators will take a while to get used to their new role, and what they have to do within it. It's really not as easy as you may think.

So, to conclude with your question; You'll have to wait and see about whether new Game Mods will be recruited, in the coming months. In the mean-time, please be patient. Every single one of your reports will be dealt with, it just takes time. Your reports will not get ignored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, let me just pick up on your point:

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, Kimax said:

I play almost daily at the moment and i have around 10 incidents a day that i wanna report.
And thats a problem if only 1 report gets handled a day.

I'm not sure where you drive on the map, but  10 incidents is a lot. I have to say this to you, just as a slight warning; If your driving in busy areas of the map, in order to get more reports, then this is not allowed. If you don't want to have so many reports, then avoid the busy areas of the map, where trolls are. When I play the game, I don't drive in busy areas, and as such almost never come across any trolls, rammers etc.. Of course, if you drive in busy areas, such as Calais, Duisburg etc... then of course your going to get more reports. If you don't want to wait for your reports to be dealt with, then please, don't report so many people, and avoid the busy areas of the map.

Hope this helped to answer your question.

• Like 3

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hey There:)

Admins are under high load and are extremely busy, all working on a voluntary basis. I advise you to wait patiently as it is very hard to give an ETA time, due to the fluctuation of work loads, reports claimed and other issues admins have to deal with on a daily basis. I would recommend you wait at least 7 days

If you have any other queries in relation to web reports, please refer to this FAQ thread below:

76561198137570016.pngAddFriend.png

Hai there Kimax.

Sorry to hear about your concerns regarding reports. However, you need to understand a few simple things;

1. Game Moderators are busy people; we have lots of things in addition to web reports to deal with, including in-game moderation and appeals, which all takes time.
  2. There is currently a moderate backlog of reports at the moment, which we are trying our best to reduce. At the moment, you'll probably have a wait of 4-5 days for your report to be dealt with.
  3. Patient is key. Every report in the system will be dealt with, regardless of how long it takes. You just need to be patient, and let us deal with it when we come to it.

As mentioned by ismail above, we work on a voluntary basis, and have a life outside of TruckersMP as well, thus can't be online everyday 24/7 to deal with reports. We get a lot of people raising concerns about 'how long reports take to get dealt with' and we give the same answer to all of them; just be patient, your reports will be dealt with.

Additionally, he's a little insight into how many reports we get:

Spoiler

These stats nay not be accurate, but are a highly realistic of the amount we get:

Game Moderators have 24,000 website reports to get though a month

Game Moderators have 10,000 reports come through the in-game report system EVERY DAY

Game Moderators also have to deal with their ban appeals.

Game Moderators do it all in their spare time.

Hope this helped answer your questions, and should you want to discuss this further, my inbox is always open.

• Like 3
  • True Story 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hi @Kimax

You should be patient about your reports.Staff need to rest a rightly,but you don't have to worry.You can be sure that your reports will be checked as soon as possible.

I understand that there is alot of work involved with all those reports.
But you all failed to answer my question, so i try again.

Is it possible to get some more moderators, so the reports might move a bit faster?

I know there is alot of people, who would love to work for TruckersMP. Me included.
The reason why i never apply for the moderator position, is simply because i dont have the time.

BTW. Now i have 14 reports i'm waiting to submit.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The question is, if hiring more moderators would achieve the object to reduce the queue of reports.

I wonder why it is so important that reports are being handled in notime anyway?

As soon as a report has been sent, it will be dealt with in time.

My problem right now, is that i have already reported the total amount of 19 that i'm currently allowed to.
And i now have 15 more to report.

I play almost daily at the moment and i have around 10 incidents a day that i wanna report.
And thats a problem if only 1 report gets handled a day.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:01 PM, Lorenita said:

Dear @Kimax,

Are you satisfied with the answers given?
Please, let us know!

Greetings!

I'm not satisfied. Non answered my question and i feel that no one understood my problem.

The process speed of the reports becomes a problem, when i no longer can report players.

I had 20 players that i wanted to report, but now i dont wanna go through hours of gameplay just to use the total amount of available reports again.

You need to understand that the reports limit was set precisely to avoid players spamming hundreds of reports. There used to be people who would stay put in the game, instead of driving, to go on freecam mode, record any little incidents and report them, feeling so important by doing this (I guess). You say that you sent 19 (your limit) and now have hours of gameplay to send 20 more reports. My question is: What are you doing? Playing the game and trying to enjoy it or playing the game to record every trip and then report everyone you see breaking the smallest rules? I've been doing WoT event jobs these days, you know, the Gifts delivery. Already made 10 of them in ETS2 (which means more than 3000 Km in my case), all of them in MP, all of them in EU#2 server. And I only sent 3 reports. Maybe you need to relax a bit? There's no need to report absolutely everything. By doing that, you're just making your own problem worse, because the longer the queue, the longer it will take for each report to be looked into.

Hi Kimax,

Please calm down first! The Admins have many reports do to -> Ingame, Web reports -> ban appeals and much more.

So its not just your Report many others waiting for the same, so be patient.

The Admins have a Private Life too and they get not paid for that.

Maybe soon they have some more Game Moderators or something but at the moment they are working

really hard.

~Harley~

If you have 20 reports in a few hours, you are either driving on the C-D road, or freecamming and reporting every little thing. Or just driving and report every little thing.
It cannot be that you get rammed 20 times with a few hours of playing. 

I only web-report serious issues, like rammers and trollers. All other things I encounter on the road, I do not website report. Like not using a indicator, driving on the wrong side of the road, someone who is standing still on one lane, or if someone cut me off, excessive speeding etc
It has no use.

Also there are keyboard warriors that drive very fast and have a not so good control over their vehicle. Are you going to stick left on the right lane if they want to pass you, risking that they accidentally ram you, or do you move half on the emergency lane, so they can pass you better? (Yes they should not speed that hard if they are on a keyboard, but with that discussion you cannot go anywhere with, because we all agree on that).

I seen a lot of youtube movies, where the rammed driver could have avoided a collision if they just were a bit more patient. So what that one impatient person with a truck tries to cut you off when trying to go on the Motorway, he is going to crash eventually and needs to go to the service station and do it all again. Do you want to go with him, just so he cannot pass you, because he should have waited? Or do you just avoid a collision, so you can move on without damage?

So with other words, are you trying to prevent collisions from incapable drivers? So you do not have to report so much. Because reporting every incapable driver, is like mopping whilst the tap is still open.

Please let me know,when i can move this to solved to avoid useless answers on this topic.

@Kimax

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

15 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

If you have 20 reports in a few hours, you are either driving on the C-D road, or freecamming and reporting every little thing. Or just driving and report every little thing.
It cannot be that you get rammed 20 times with a few hours of playing. 

I only web-report serious issues, like rammers and trollers. All other things I encounter on the road, I do not website report. Like not using a indicator, driving on the wrong side of the road, someone who is standing still on one lane, or if someone cut me off, excessive speeding etc
It has no use.

Also there are keyboard warriors that drive very fast and have a not so good control over their vehicle. Are you going to stick left on the right lane if they want to pass you, risking that they accidentally ram you, or do you move half on the emergency lane, so they can pass you better? (Yes they should not speed that hard if they are on a keyboard, but with that discussion you cannot go anywhere with, because we all agree on that).

I seen a lot of youtube movies, where the rammed driver could have avoided a collision if they just were a bit more patient. So what that one impatient person with a truck tries to cut you off when trying to go on the Motorway, he is going to crash eventually and needs to go to the service station and do it all again. Do you want to go with him, just so he cannot pass you, because he should have waited? Or do you just avoid a collision, so you can move on without damage?

So with other words, are you trying to prevent collisions from incapable drivers? So you do not have to report so much. Because reporting every incapable driver, is like mopping whilst the tap is still open.

The 20 incidents is over a span of 21 hours of gametime.
These incidents only include reckless driving and ramming that resulted in damage to my truck and trailer.
I do have a few on freecam, but those are only obvious ramming and cheating.

I do tend to drive the C-D road. Both as a challenge and because Calais has some pretty decent jobs for me.

I always try to give space wherever possible, but its kinda hard on the C-D road.

6 hours ago, Kimax said:

The 20 incidents is over a span of 21 hours of gametime.
These incidents only include reckless driving and ramming that resulted in damage to my truck and trailer.
I do have a few on freecam, but those are only obvious ramming and cheating.

I do tend to drive the C-D road. Both as a challenge and because Calais has some pretty decent jobs for me.

I always try to give space wherever possible, but its kinda hard on the C-D road.

When I drive on the C-D road, I wouldn't even bother filing web reports, because there are too many people that drive like maniacs. Admins know that and often go with the free cam do the C-D road, banhammering everyone breaking the rules.
I drove the C-D road yesterday, but on Europe 3 there is just too little traffic haha.

Tthe admins will look into the reports, even though it can take up to 2 months. Justice will be serviced with a hammer ;)

If you are a bit sick of reporting so much, around 19.00 all servers are getting pretty full, so if you go to Europe 1 or 3, less trolls and more driving.