Allow double trailers all EU on Europe4 server

Dubbeledraaideur [NL]

@Dubbeledraaideur [NL] I too don’t have the latest dlcs, due to pc failure, but I know from playing hours and hours in modded singleplayer with doubles and oversized loads, doubles are no challenge, they’re essentially an extended trailer, you just have to factor in the length, there’s nothing special about them and practically saying, “here’s a modified rule book for a server that hardly anyone uses for a trailer most people are bored of”, isn’t exactly a productive use of developers time and resources. 

The difference with heavy hauls and doublesis night is night and day, doubles are easy to pull, require very little management and offer little challenge to those with several thousand hours. Heavy hauls are usually wider, taller and longer and weigh much more and do t require special treatment in terms of rules, they’re a lot harder to pull and require constant management to avoid getting stuck. 

If given the choice, make EU4 heavy haul friendly or doubles friendly, I’ll bet the majority will say heavy haul because they’re more challenging, more reward and above all else, more fun. 

To me, if you wish to drive from north to south and then north again with one trailer, mod singleplayer, slap a timefreeze in, off you go, or better still, add a mod that adds doubles everywhere to anywhere. I would be for it if it was something the vast majority of people do and would back, but I just feel it’s a waste of time for devs to do something just for a few hundred people a month, whereas other things could get added that people are more for.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Merengue4ever said:

it's a good suggestion and we all want Doubles in all over Europe but it's SCS that has to make that change so trailers would leave Scandinavia 

Only issue is that you cannot get jobs outside Scandinavia, but the trailers can be hauled through Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.12.2017 at 9:17 AM, Ajith18592 said:

According to game all the double trailers have destination with in Scandinavia there is no point driving outside.

I would be all for it if it weren't for this fact. If you take this into consideration, allowing doubles outside of Scandinavia would only result in useless traffic (and therefore eventually more people blocking or driving reckless).

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

I agree, but anyway, atleast for The Netherlands, that would be fine, because in The Netherlands we drive LZV, that are double trailers + dolly included, in vanilla game, there is only a normal trailer + tandem trailer, without dolly included, so it would be a nice idea

1 hour ago, DeGelderseTrucker said:

I agree, but anyway, atleast for The Netherlands, that would be fine, because in The Netherlands we drive LZV, that are double trailers + dolly included, in vanilla game, there is only a normal trailer + tandem trailer, without dolly included, so it would be a nice idea

Still there would need to be jobs outside of Scandinavia in order for this to make sense.

Or they could look into this once again: 

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

since eu4 is a free roam server there is no rules except the usual insulting stuff ent allowed but u can drive wrong way and everything on eu4 and take any trailer anywhere as its non collision freeroam

I think doubles should be allowed across the whole off the map on certain servers like EU1 which is the simulation server, servers like EU and EU3 I think it would cause issues on, simply down to the number of trolls.  

• 5 weeks later...

I would love to have this. However the problem I see with this is reckless drivers. People who post here and agree are drivers that now how to drive and drive with care. But someone who is new to the game and already strugles with driving we don't want them to have double trailers. Limiting double trailers to a place which is less populated is in my opinion the way to go. -1

I think that on EU4 is for new trial good , because is it no colison server :).Maybe with too will be driving on colision server with double trailers :)

Normally a good Suggestion, I think. But as we know it is against the rules to drive it in other countries. So if somebody is on EU4 and drives with the double trailer, another one could record it and make a report on the website. So first of all however, you would have to make it possible to see that you are on EU4 not, otherwise people can report you although you played correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this suggestion. It would actually makes fun going with friends and double trailers through the Italy and France DLC. +1

On 17.2.2018 at 10:46 AM, NeonLeon said:

Normally a good Suggestion, I think. But as we know it is against the rules to drive it in other countries. So if somebody is on EU4 and drives with the double trailer, another one could record it and make a report on the website. So first of all however, you would have to make it possible to see that you are on EU4 not, otherwise people can report you although you played correct.

Well, since car with trailer is allowed on EU4 I see no problem to allow doubles. Also currently if you go out of the "doubletrailer area" you will be automatically kicked. So there won't be any reports... 

Hello, If there is no way to open this kind of load on regular servers, I approve of that suggestion. ^_^

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Archived