Allow double trailers all EU on Europe4 server

Dubbeledraaideur [NL]

Suggestion Name: Allow double trailers in all of EU on Europe 4 server

Suggestion Description: 
Double trailers are now only allowed in Scandinavia, as EU 4 is one big no-collision zone, maybe allow truckers to haul their double trailers all over Europe there?

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?:
For fun ofcourse, what is more fun than to haul your load to a location that is nearly impossible for the 2 trailer combi to reach?
Like conquering the B-roads in the Alps?
If you get stuck, no worries other trucks can drive through you, as there is no collision possible.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good suggestion, since it hasn't been suggested before.

Open for discussion.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

6 hours ago, Ajith18592 said:

Its a nice suggestion but has both positive and negative. driving in NCZ is boring and you can't feel the experience of driving. all the trailers are same in NCZ server.it doesn't make big difference. According to game all the double trailers have destination with in Scandinavia there is no point driving outside.

The trailers are not the same in NCZ, the only difference with the other servers is, that you cannot hit eachother. Great if you are sick of getting rammed by trolls. 
And because you cannot hit eachother, no traffic jams when you get stuck.

Yes  you will need to drive outside the assigned route, but the time in the game is very slow, could be even so slow you can drive your load that is destined from Bergen to Oslo, to Italy and back, within the time limit haha.

The issue is, if you are talking about delivering doubles to countries outside the standard drops, it’s nearly impossible unless it’s a retexture or something, 

SCS programmed doubles to be in certain countries for a reason and that is to follow real world laws and the only people who can change that is... SCS themselves. If you want legit doubles from say the UK to the south of France or something, then really, SCS has to add those sort of locations to the spawn code for doubles. Not to mention that stock drop off points so t except doubles anyway. 

So so it’s a good idea and yes, it would be fun to drive a doubles through winding Swiss roads, but unless it’s added by SCS or by some miracle, the EU irl allows double trailers in the whole of Europe, I don’t see it happening or it being safe, so fairly large -1 from me.

10 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The issue is, if you are talking about delivering doubles to countries outside the standard drops, it’s nearly impossible unless it’s a retexture or something, 

SCS programmed doubles to be in certain countries for a reason and that is to follow real world laws and the only people who can change that is... SCS themselves. If you want legit doubles from say the UK to the south of France or something, then really, SCS has to add those sort of locations to the spawn code for doubles. Not to mention that stock drop off points so t except doubles anyway. 

So so it’s a good idea and yes, it would be fun to drive a doubles through winding Swiss roads, but unless it’s added by SCS or by some miracle, the EU irl allows double trailers in the whole of Europe, I don’t see it happening or it being safe, so fairly large -1 from me.

I think SCS has not included double trailers in the rest of Europe, because of the layout of the companies and roads.
If we are talking realism, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands also allow LCV's on the roads.

But like I said, this is more for the challenge than for realism, even though you cannot deliver your LCV load in, for instance Italy. You still can "freeroam" the LCV combination in the Europe 4 server.

12 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

I think SCS has not included double trailers in the rest of Europe, because of the layout of the companies and roads.
If we are talking realism, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands also allow LCV's on the roads.

But like I said, this is more for the challenge than for realism, even though you cannot deliver your LCV load in, for instance Italy. You still can "freeroam" the LCV combination in the Europe 4 server.

That and the fact that people cried out for doubles so instead of updating the original countries to allow these trailers to fit, they just locked them to the easier to modify areas. 

Me personally, I can’t stand doubles, they are cool and all but off 0 challenge personally, if pulled modded trailers that are longer than doubles, even used the quad mod, so to me, doubles are boring, and have no Collide just makes it worse because there’s no sense of danger, no sense of, “what if I take this turn wider to get the whole truck around and there’s a line of traffic coming down towards me”. Personally, oversized loads are more challenging, the extra length, width, height and weight make it more interesting than a double, doubles are just like tandems, only with an extra pivot point. 

Honestly, if we are going into the realms of, challenge over realism, then this should still be directed to SCS because they could make it so you can haul anywhere till they update the old maps, and then country specify doubles. 

15 hours ago, Camer said:

+1/-1

-1 as the double trailers are only allowed in Scandinavia, as far as my knowledge goes, so this would then mean editing the game itself.

In single player you can drag the double trailers everywhere you want to.
I tried it today, took a load, shipped the truck to Poland and drove a round a bit. No issues.
(It was a external contract capped at 90km/h so I did not have the patience to drag it to Italy or something).

the double trailer definitions have defined countries in which they are allowed to be spawned in by the job generator (Denmark, Norway, Sweden)

Also the cargo terminal prefabs all have now specified max trailer lenght defined in the definition files.

So to make this happen: You'd need to remove the lenght limit lines from the company prefabs,  Remove the country limits from the double trailer definitions..

Minor edits to couple files found in def archive, pack it up into a mod and then have it loaded by the MP launcher as it does with wintermod or skoda.

I'd like to see it for sake of challenge in the old companies with less space such as Trameri etc.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

On 20/12/2017 at 5:40 PM, slushbro said:

I think it's worth to try.  If it is possible from the point of the dev it should be a test rule server with the new possibility as it was with the cars.

It would give the MP an new level of difficulty.

My question is how, how would it add more difficulty to MP? 

Chaos? Trolling? Wrecks? Frustration? Sure, difficulty? Not so much. 

It it doesn’t matter whether it’s a no clip server or not, trolls will still troll, wrecks will still happen and the “excitement” of driving a double trailer around the whole map will wear off after 2 trips. 

I just cant see TMP adding something that has the potential of making traffic worse, trolling worse or that only a minor number of people wanted to use, if the server capped out everyday like EU2 does with people wanting to use doubles everywhere, then it would make it worth it, but I highly doubt that will happen because doubles aren’t that exciting, not compared to oversized loads that are bigger, heavier, wider, taller and as long as a double. 

On 22.12.2017 at 1:11 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

It it doesn’t matter whether it’s a no clip server or not, trolls will still troll, wrecks will still happen and the “excitement” of driving a double trailer around the whole map will wear off after 2 trips. 

But therefor are rules and double trailers are not only driving in scandinavia so you can allow them testwise and look how its going. If there are too much reports, trolls and crashes remove it. But give it a chance.

On 22/12/2017 at 1:11 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

My question is how, how would it add more difficulty to MP? 

I just cant see TMP adding something that has the potential of making traffic worse, trolling worse or that only a minor number of people wanted to use, if the server capped out everyday like EU2 does with people wanting to use doubles everywhere, then it would make it worth it, but I highly doubt that will happen because doubles aren’t that exciting, not compared to oversized loads that are bigger, heavier, wider, taller and as long as a double. 

What I understand from this status overview, is that they are not sure they can patch oversized loads into multiplayer.
But if they do, and release it on all servers, it would be chaos.

I have seen some posts that people with doubles are being auto-kicked of the server, when passing into Germany.
Have not tested that yet, and because it is against the rules, to go to Germany with doubles, I am not risking a ban lol

But the topic is not about removing the rule, that doubles are not allowed outside Scandinavia, on all servers.
It is just to make a exception for EU4. As it is a NCZ server, it should not cause any issues.
And the reason, is just for fun, so you can take the doubles anywhere you want. Even if you just have to go from Oslo to Bergen.
And yes even if it gets boring after 2 trips, it could still be fun for convoys to be able to get the double trailers, to roam around EU4.

Obviously if this request takes a few days of programming, I guess it is not worth the trouble.  ;)

I understood with Virtual_SPeditor that very rarely, you could get doubles to a location outside of Scandinavia.

^

But what is the point of driving a double into places outside of Scandinavia etc? You do one run, you see how crappy it is to drive on roads it’s not designed for, you can’t park it anywhere, what entertainment can you get from that for more than 1 or 2 trips? Like I said before, it’s about weighing up the options, especially as an “indie” development team. It’s about making the best out of the resources you have and using them efficiently. 

Say way out of 1,000,000 people, 100,000 are for driving doubles anywhere, 250,000 are inbetween, 100,000 don’t care and the other550,000 are against it or feel it adds nothing to the SIMULATOR. As a indie dev, naturally youll  agree with the larger demographic, those who are against, especially if that group was more for another idea that’ll add to the game. That’s resource management, big dev teams can happily add anything and everything wanted, no matter how many are for and against, small developers, don’t have that luxury, you follow the numbers because that the direction the fan base is pointing. So if this idea is only supported by the minority and majority either don’t care or are against, it won’t get added. 

Plus, it doesn’t matter whether you are on a ncz server or not, instinct is, you see something coming towards you, you avoid it etc,so even if it’s on a ncz server, people will still act like it’s a normal server regardless.

14 hours ago, slushbro said:

But therefor are rules and double trailers are not only driving in scandinavia so you can allow them testwise and look how its going. If there are too much reports, trolls and crashes remove it. But give it a chance.

It’s weighing up the options, is it worth coding in something that only a small number of people will be bothered by, or would it be better to code something that the larger number of people want? That’s the question. Is it worth coding something that you know is going to cause mayhem and annoy a lot of people? Or is it better to just bury the idea and work on things that do the opposite.

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

^

But what is the point of driving a double into places outside of Scandinavia etc? You do one run, you see how crappy it is to drive on roads it’s not designed for, you can’t park it anywhere, what entertainment can you get from that for more than 1 or 2 trips? Like I said before, it’s about weighing up the options, especially as an “indie” development team. It’s about making the best out of the resources you have and using them efficiently. 

Say way out of 1,000,000 people, 100,000 are for driving doubles anywhere, 250,000 are inbetween, 100,000 don’t care and the other550,000 are against it or feel it adds nothing to the SIMULATOR. As a indie dev, naturally youll  agree with the larger demographic, those who are against, especially if that group was more for another idea that’ll add to the game. That’s resource management, big dev teams can happily add anything and everything wanted, no matter how many are for and against, small developers, don’t have that luxury, you follow the numbers because that the direction the fan base is pointing. So if this idea is only supported by the minority and majority either don’t care or are against, it won’t get added. 

Plus, it doesn’t matter whether you are on a ncz server or not, instinct is, you see something coming towards you, you avoid it etc,so even if it’s on a ncz server, people will still act like it’s a normal server regardless.

As for this thread: 13 find it a good idea, 1 is neutral in this, 3 are against.
So taking these numbers most people find it a good idea :P  
(that is how polls work in the real life right? ask 20 people about something and decide that 70% of the whole country thinks that way >< )

But as I said,

14 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

Obviously if this request takes a few days of programming, I guess it is not worth the trouble.

However I think it that the programmer needs to make a exception in the coding, to exclude the auto-kick rule for driving double trailers outside Scandinavia, for server Europe 4.
Because on SP, you can drive outside Scandinavia with double trailers. So no game change needed. Just a change to the potential auto-kick rule, and taking the time for it to do it.
However like I said before, I do not know much about coding, so I just speculate on this.

But that is why we are having suggestions in the discuss section. It is up to the dev's to decide if they want to make a idea an reality.

I have driven on the EU4 server, and I need to say I am quite more relaxed than on the other servers. 
Ofcourse I try to drive a bit simulation style, so I do brake for other vehicles, that are in the way. 
But I do not take evasion actions, if someone tries to hit me, or comes on my lane. Because I know they will not hit me. But that is just me I guess.

21 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

As for this thread: 13 find it a good idea, 1 is neutral in this, 3 are against.
So taking these numbers most people find it a good idea :P  
(that is how polls work in the real life right? ask 20 people about something and decide that 70% of the whole country thinks that way >< )

But as I said,

However I think it that the programmer needs to make a exception in the coding, to exclude the auto-kick rule for driving double trailers outside Scandinavia, for server Europe 4.
Because on SP, you can drive outside Scandinavia with double trailers. So no game change needed. Just a change to the potential auto-kick rule, and taking the time for it to do it.
However like I said before, I do not know much about coding, so I just speculate on this.

But that is why we are having suggestions in the discuss section. It is up to the dev's to decide if they want to make a idea an reality.

I have driven on the EU4 server, and I need to say I am quite more relaxed than on the other servers. 
Ofcourse I try to drive a bit simulation style, so I do brake for other vehicles, that are in the way. 
But I do not take evasion actions, if someone tries to hit me, or comes on my lane. Because I know they will not hit me. But that is just me I guess.

I would agree if, for this type of discussion, there was a pool of a couple of hundred people and the numbers stacked more in favour than against, then fair enough, but out of under 20? There’s a lot of variables from who’s friends with who, to who has a double account to there just not many people interested. I mean if you want to talk numbers, on average, see how many people are on the forums plusthose ingame and then cross reference that with the number of people who have looked at or replied to this thread, the common should be, a vast majority of people are not interested in this idea, otherwise there would be more people commenting or liking the post. Just saying. 

As for coding? It depends on what code is shared between servers and how it’s shared, if at all, would pulling the rule from one server, pull it from all and therefore requires recoding to separate? don’t know. What I do know is, is that unless SCS or a TMP official mod maker adds in that doubles spawn and can be delivered outside of Scandinavia, then there really isn’t much point in this being added because it would technically fall under useless traffic, especially if you get people, like myself, who treat all servers the same, whether they are no Collide, speed limited or free, who then get caught up in realistic traffic jams in really busy areas. 

I mean, if it was allowed, it would be nice if a restriction was put in place that you could only take a double out of Scandinavia if you log more than 50 hours in TMP, active driving hours, not AFK, Not singleplayer. That way, only those who can actually drive can haul them and make the roads a lot less congested because, let’s face it, no Collide or not, instinct is to see and avoid, whether you can drive through the person or not. 

I mean, the only questions I have  is why? Why would it be fun? Why? What is the point? How is wasting driving time hauling a dumb double trailer that isn’t harder than a normal load, going to be a challenge?

^
I was just kidding about the 20 people that reacted on this topic as a representative audience ;)

It is just the feeling it makes it more difficult, because of the extra trailer. When hauling that combination I tend to be extra cautious if I hit anything when going through a corner. (As with a single trailer I do not even look behind me in corners).
But it also could be fun for small convoys or small VTC's to make their convoy look somewhat larger. 
And it is great for video footage and screenshots.

Other than that, there are no proper and important reasons.

^

Compared to hauling single or oversized, doubles are not that hard, as long as you understand that the rear trailer will cut further in than the rest of the truck, you just compensate by being closer to each respective sized of the lane. Now if you want a challenge, heavy haul is where it’s at because you have the long trailers, the wide loads and the heavy weight which require careful consideration of what gear you are in as well as land position etc.

I just feel that with desync and such, driving doubles, especially in convoy on roads they’re not designed for is a wreck waiting to happen,no matter if it’s no Collide or not.

lets face it, the fun element of MP is the randomness that you can meet, some days you have clear trips, others you meet really poor drivers, much like real life, taking away collisions takes away that randomness, it’s why the vast majority never play on no Collide servers. 

//EDIT: Removed unnecessary quotation. Use ^ or tag the person @<username> when you want to respond to whole replies directly above.

^

Well unfortunantly I do not own the last 2 DLC's, so I cannot participate with that yet. (Hopefully next year).

But with the heavy cargo DLC, there are enough roads, that are not made for such trailers. If you have a wide load, good luck with getting on the highway, in France, Going east and Scandinavia.
Edit: Just read that your route is limited to certain roads. So this is probably not the case

Yes europe 4 is not really a fun server, too few people. I only go there to test something. Or to try to get the 100% exploration, that I do with a car. 

But still I am a fan of hauling the duals all over Europe in EU4. Not everyone can buy the dlc's, and the dual trailers are available for everyone.

The main advantage from SP over MP, is that you got more time, to deliver the load, because the server time goes slower. 

So if someone wants to haul a dual trailer from Bergen to Swiss mountains and then to Kopenhagen. Than that person can do that and might still be able to do it in time.

Archived