the reason why i quit ETS2MP

first of all: i dont want to hate on truckersMP, i appreciate the effort and time they make to this an amazing expierence.

after playing ETS2MP from one of the versions i decided to quit MP for ETS, here are my reasons why:

1.  other players: on almost every server you will find trolls, even on the no-collision server people will try to find ways to annoy you, i know you can report them, but more about that in point 2.
  2. "no action was taken against player .....": i've played ETS2MP daily and i reported loads of people, but with 9 of 10 reports i see: "no action was taken against player ....." and even when i report them on the site with evidence, i will just see them ramming and blocking the next day.
  3. de-sync and server issues: even if i keep 75M distance the person in front of me lags or i get de-synced.

i can go on for hours with at least 3 more reasons, i wonder does anyone else have things that annoy them on TruckersMP?

-Energeticshadow

everyone is has some kind of issues most of is ''Trolls'' but there is nothing you can change about that because people who are the one who need to change

they're only there to annoy others and prevent them from enjoying the game. 

my advice to you get a recording software and record ALL your gaming sessions when you play MP and report them in the website that way trolls will be dealt with 

and play with your friends and do jobs together driving with friends is always fun and desync problems are not related to the server most of the time it's because 

people either they got low FPS or they got high ping over 200ms.

Personally i love TruckersMP soooo much because i met some amazing people because of it and i had some amazing moments, you just need a reason to love truckersMP and not focus 

on server issues or bad players.

Happy Trucking  :) 

Hey @energetic shadow

It's sad to hear you're leaving/quitting TruckersMP community.

In by now way, I'm defending trolls or individuals who cause mayhem on the servers. The main issue or problem is - Game Moderators/Admins are people as well. They work a 9-5 job and then come home to do reports and other duties assigned to them. While your in-game and someone rams you off the road or a troll is blocking you or etc. When a Game Moderator claims a report another 100 reports were made as well. The Game Moderator/Admins are also doing web reports by oldest date claimed first - so if you do decide to come back try using OBS or another recording software and record your gameplay and if you get the "No action taken" message report them on the website itself and justice will be served. Yes it might take a little bit but hey it's better than letting trolls get away with it. As for the lag - it happens it's just something you have to prepare yourself for.

Again it's upsetting to see another driver in TMP leave because of actions of other players. ( For the most part )

Until another day

K0rnholio

You only have to be aware that people could try to bother you, it's your decision if you can avoid it or not.

For example: You want to overtake somebody, you see that person is getting closer to your lane, is your decision  to continue (get rammed) and report him, or avoid that situation by braking.

If you keep in mind that people will try to bother you and everytime that happens you try to avoid it will make you think different.

When somebody bother you, just report him and he will get banned, even if is a player that has been banned before, it will be banned for 1/3 months or maybe permanent.

Bye and take care with the trolls.

Its a MP game their will be trolls. On any MP game you play their will be trolls no matter the game category. I understand they are annoying but its something that can't be totally eradicated. Also reports that come on the website don't get answered same day as their is over 1,000 reports to be dealt with. Patience is key when reporting someone on the website. Once evidence is sufficient then action will be taken against that player

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

1. All games have trolls, deal with it. You leaving simply implies that the trolls have a hold of you and control your emotions which also means they "won the battle". Don't let it affect you, just do what makes you have fun/be happy whilst driving - same thing applies to other games. It's a game after all, no point letting others control you. 

2. Record, Report/web-report, Relax. You mention trolls, so try helping us get rid of them instead of just whining about it (which many do... and then say oh, I can't/dont want to record). No point whining about said trolls when you don't want to participate and help in catching them. That said, hopefully the in-game reporting system gets better as days go by, but for now, I hope that if it comes down to it, you use the options available to you = 3Rs.

3. If you know your computer can't handle it even at 75M, then distance yourself further. Leave a bigger gap, take 100M.. still not working well..? Increase it to 150M-200M. Simple.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

I've been tempted to quit MP a few times, mainly because of trolls (In flaming cars!).. Which has got me banned, because i get angry and vent at them in game.... Getting a new PC just recently has allowed me to record these idiots, and i have found a trend with these trolls.. They mostly come from well Eastern Europe... Cough "Turkiye" Although i mention this, not all of them are bad... Maybe its just me.....

Play in the DLC areas, it makes a huge difference in the amount of trolls you encounter (on any server). Also as you may know the Calais-Duisburg road is the troll hotspot and the farther away you are from it the less likely you are to encounter idiots.

after a long night of sleep I decided not to quit ETS2MP,

my frustration comes partly through myself, I am overwhelmed by school, work and family obligations, and then after a long day I decide to play a multiplayer game ...:mellow:

compare it to a cup that is full, only one drop needs to be added and the cup is flooded.

I have also read that many people indeed use OBS to record their game and then later report people. I'm going to look into that more to see the possibilities for that.:)

thanks for the many comments.

-Energeticshadow

5 hours ago, Top250 said:

I've been tempted to quit MP a few times, mainly because of trolls (In flaming cars!).. Which has got me banned, because i get angry and vent at them in game.... Getting a new PC just recently has allowed me to record these idiots, and i have found a trend with these trolls.. They mostly come from well Eastern Europe... Cough "Turkiye" Although i mention this, not all of them are bad... Maybe its just me.....

No, it's not just you. However I would go further to say that it is still a minority of these players, but it does seem to be a rather large minority for some reason.

@energetic shadow As difficult as at may be, you could try turning a negative into a positive. Play the "Let's see if I can make it" game and try to travel with at least one or more friends. In fact, I'd encourage far more group driving in general, rather than solo driving.
If your PC isn't the best, try Razer Cortex (if it is - still worth using, imo). It has both a game accelerator and recording software. Also, if you don't have an SSD, then use a memory stick to save recordings to (admins and moderators should be suggesting this to encourage more recording as well). All of these combined will increase your performance by A LOT.
Keeping in-game voice chat to a minimum helps as well if your internet connection isn't the best.

I understand your frustration and the need to let off some steam, so-to-speak, but I'm glad you've decided not to quit. We all need a break from the human race sometimes.

Hit me up, by the way if you, or anyone for that matter, would like to "team up" sometime. I've been looking for ages for a regular group to play with that isn't a VTC - that stuff is far too much like what I used to do IRL, except you don't get paid for it. Hahaha

I quit MP for a while since i was bored of not having any DLC, i got most of the important DLC a few weeks ago during the Steam sale, i also got ATS with the sale, i haven't played in mainly 2 weeks, i edited a config file which made my ATS and ETS2 unplayable, i had to uninstall and start fresh. Now i'm gonna have to go to random garages, recruitment agencys, and start over again, i should've backed my files up so my data was safe. But IMO i don't have a clue how you do that. Sorry to see you've had a bad time with MP, and i wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SuliHD locked this topic

Archived