Need your ideas

Happy Rogue

Question

Map Build

So i have decided to turn my hand to making a map... well some sort of add-on, Im only going to work with the UK expanding south of England, wales, Scotland, Isle of man and Ireland. working only within the UK is difficult as 90% of the prefab is set for right hand traffic, so i do have limitations.

I didn't want to look a google images/map to follow, i do have a base map to follow roads and such, but i wanted to build as i go along hence why you will see a pic of a tunnel coming out of the sea, i do have loads of ideas how to make it more difficult/challenging, its to easy to follow a satnav/GPS to get where you are going, i want to make it so the driver has to take note of signs, multiple roads to lead to your destination so if you missed the low bridge sign then well... you will be i for a teat, you will find the satnav/GPS telling you to head down a narrow overgrown lane, thats when you have to decide do i A. Follow my satnav/GPs or B. pull over look at my map and see if i can find a better route.

So now what i wanted was to ask you all "what do you want in a map or whats missing?" is there anything you want to see E.G more small villages along the route, dangerous/challenging drives?

Im all ears so please tell me below, i started this map yesterday and i will leave you with a few snaps of the half finished coast line of wales.

ets2_00066_zps0391f6da.png

ets2_00067_zpsb733d2ec.png

ets2_00069_zpsdfab474b.png

• Upvote 1

7572736451.png

11 answers to this question

would you be able to add norfolk in? :)

Cause its where I live and its mainly back roads like: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5627557,1.2691737,3a,75y,273.07h,88.69t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sK35mDdjszuI8DQV_hEv5LQ!2e0

• Upvote 1

If I helped you click the "Like this" button

World of trucks editors pic 12/12/2014: https://worldoftrucks.com/en/gallery.php?i=0&s=e

R.I.P Paul Walker

I like good map mods with logic. Please don't put terrains above other terrains and don't put buildings like houses or apartments on the grass without a road connecting. A good simulation is the one closest to reality!

Bridges. Please don't put ports everywhere if there's a bridge connecting to a place in real life. I like driving on bridges...

Oh, and try making it compatible with TSM, please!

• Upvote 1

B6SHeyL.jpg  signature.png  B6SHeyL.jpg

From the screen-shots, it looks great! I recommend trying to add more of a "lived in" feeling. The base SCS map is too "clean" or too "perfect". There's always going to be areas that are over grown, etc. Take a look at the Hungarian map for example, he made the map feel like it's lived in!

Good luck with your project!

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!