Truck won't move forwards

EXPLODINGDRAG0N

Question

I know this is for truckersMP, but i cant find any solutions ANYWHERE

Mod Version: Not using TruckersMP
Controllers Used: XBOX 360 Wired
Description of Issue: I could be doing anything, driving normally or taking a job, and then a yellow icon will appear and my truck will stop moving.
How to reproduce: It happens whenever i'm driving
Screenshots / Videos: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/12xbedbL-ykejCOUzS_YmJoqsgok8LWMaBAerQnC2gHE/edit?usp=sharing

i know its not parking brakes, i have tried that already, and i know its not air pressure stuff, because those settings are not on, i have also tried turning off auto retarder and its not that

10 answers to this question

Hello,

I searched for it on google, considering ETS2 is almost similar to real life, it must also mean the same thing.

I got the following from a website, it's about the meaning of this warning light:

• ECB, or Electronically Controlled Brake System symbol, also known as Electronic Brake Force Distribution. Note that the only difference between this and the Canadian brake warning symbol – the exclamation point in a circle – is the color. Amber indicates a less serious problem than the red version. The electronic control represents a functional enhancement and may be inoperable, but the brakes themselves will still operate.

Note that the symbol of a circle with “brackets” on either side, broken or otherwise, represents brake components. What is shown inside and the details of the “brackets” and color specify the nature of the problem. Yellow means it's less ''broken'' than a red one.

What's wrong:

You have possibly activated the retarder using a button on your wired controller. If you go through the keybinds, you might find what it is and remove the keybind. 

There could also be damage to your truck. Please also try to repair your truck if possible.

If this didn't help you, please let us know so we can try and think of other solutions to this problem.

Kindest Regards,

ThatCrazyPillow

TruckersMP Moderator

• Like 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

The yellow indication (specific to this truck, iirc it looks different on other trucks) indicates that the braking pressure is too low.

Trucks use air pressure to apply the brakes, and if the air pressure is too low, brakes cannot be lifted and thus you cannot drive.

The pressure will build up as the engine is running, specifically with higher revs. If you don't like this, you can disable that braking system in the Gameplay section of the settings (it is called Air brakes simulation).

Edited by flybel

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

3 hours ago, Velaurius said:

Have you tried to change you gear to 6 speeds (without retarder) ?

If that didn't work please restore all settings to the default values. 

The gears change automatically, and it does it whilst driving

3 hours ago, ThatCrazyPillow said:

Hello,

I searched for it on google, considering ETS2 is almost similar to real life, it must also mean the same thing.

I got the following from a website, it's about the meaning of this warning light:

• ECB, or Electronically Controlled Brake System symbol, also known as Electronic Brake Force Distribution. Note that the only difference between this and the Canadian brake warning symbol – the exclamation point in a circle – is the color. Amber indicates a less serious problem than the red version. The electronic control represents a functional enhancement and may be inoperable, but the brakes themselves will still operate.

Note that the symbol of a circle with “brackets” on either side, broken or otherwise, represents brake components. What is shown inside and the details of the “brackets” and color specify the nature of the problem. Yellow means it's less ''broken'' than a red one.

What's wrong:

You have possibly activated the retarder using a button on your wired controller. If you go through the keybinds, you might find what it is and remove the keybind. 

There could also be damage to your truck. Please also try to repair your truck if possible.

If this didn't help you, please let us know so we can try and think of other solutions to this problem.

Kindest Regards,

ThatCrazyPillow

TruckersMP Moderator

I don't have any binds to do with the retarder

3 hours ago, LUIG said:

Low Level Indicator of Brake Fluid or Powered Parking Brake

If this is about the realistic brake simulation, i have it off, and its when i'm driving and using the throttle, not the brakes.

2 hours ago, Mirko9 said:

Dear @EXPLODINGDRAG0N,

Has your problem been resolved after these answers?

Let us know!

Cordially,

Mirko

no, i still need help

32 minutes ago, EXPLODINGDRAG0N said:

The gears change automatically, and it does it whilst driving

I don't have any binds to do with the retarder

If this is about the realistic brake simulation, i have it off, and its when i'm driving and using the throttle, not the brakes.

no, i still need help

Let me rephrase,

Go to a Service Stop (F7 + Enter) ,  select Upgrade Shop and than transmission and from the available offers select the 6 speed one without a retarder  

Than Press Esc -> Gameplay and press "Reset to Default"