To All My Fellow Southern Hemisphere..ians(?), How Hot Is It Where You Are Now?

RickyWong

I thought I'd post something in light of the winter mod and those seasonists in the northern hemisphere. WON'T SOMEONE PLEEEASE THINK OF THE SOUTHERNERS??!!! :P
Like title says, if you're in the southern hemisphere, what country do you live in and how hot is it there?
Also, what problems does it cause you when gaming (if at all. Stress on IF AT ALL)?

I'm in northern Australia and my rig is not particularly liking the humidity or the heat. I have to clean it out every week and it's typically 30-40C right now... and getting hotter (can't wait for Jan and Feb - NOT! lol).... and I only have ceiling fans. Haha.
Also, since I use an X-Box controller, my hands get all sweaty, as does my back and bottom and I get tired much quicker playing this game than I normally would in winter.

Hello RickyWong

Well, in my case, where I live that is in BRAZIL, here it has different climates of environments in all territory, but finally, where I am today is a very hot and sometimes cold region. The temperature here is usually between 18 to 26 degrees.

Happy Truck!
BR-Raphael

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

14 hours ago, FBTC Raphael-BR said:

Hello RickyWong

Well, in my case, where I live that is in BRAZIL, here it has different climates of environments in all territory, but finally, where I am today is a very hot and sometimes cold region. The temperature here is usually between 18 to 26 degrees.

Happy Truck!
BR-Raphael

I'm jealous. Perfect weather. lol

13 hours ago, ThatCrazyPillow said:

Since this isn't about both ATS and ETS2:

/Moved to Off-Topic Discussion

(Also please consider to make a status update next time!)

Fair call on the moving to "off topic" (even if made reference to the winter mod), but why would I make this a status update when I wanted to make this a discussion? Also, why did you use an exclamation mark? Are you scolding me? That's rather condescending, isn't it?

12 hours ago, MettleMeat said:

Singaporean here. Not exactly south of the globe but since we're considered equatorial and don't experience any other seasons.. 

Monsoon season right about now and approx. 25 - 33°C :)

Eh... close enough... and hot enough. lol
How's your PC holding up in this weather? I hope you're luckier than me and have air-conditioning.

Also, as I can see you're also a moderator, I thank you for seeing this post for what it is and joining in the discussion fun! :)

11 hours ago, GGF MD said:

hmmm. yeah! :D :ph34r:

I live in germany (South West): We have 3°C at the moment! :D -> In our village! :mellow:

GET OUT NORTHERNER! Nah, I'm just kidding. :P
That's just another extreme I know i would also not enjoy... except for maybe peeing in the snow. Hehe.

16 hours ago, RickyWong said:

How's your PC holding up in this weather?

Excellent actually (only because my PC is somewhat built for gaming purposes.. or at least I bought it with that in mind hahah). Issues I usually face are high pings/lag spikes from time to time especially when the connection to the servers are somewhat bad due to weather/distance or whatever stuff idk I'm not really a geek in that area but you get my point :P

I've got my lovely thick curtains to keep my room cool as well. Reaching my 30s now.. and I tend to not favour ACs so much..

so when it isn't necessary I just use a powerful oscillating fan + it saves on the electricity bills anyway :D

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

(Edited 10 hours ago by Anriandor 
Removed unnecessary quotation.)
*rolls eyes* SIGH!

Moving right along...

Well, I'm 39 and love A/C, since I originally grew up in the Outback (desert) and am not at all a fan (tee hee hee... see what I did there?) of the humidity up here.
But to your point about an oscillating fan, I really should get one too. They're only like $15 at K-Mart, but the only problem is that I'd have to carry it home in this heat. lol
Gotta psych myself up for that. Haha.

On 12/18/2017 at 6:26 AM, [BR/EN] KaKa said:

Hello, here in my city in Brazil is around 20-32 ° C, not pleasant temperature for me. :lol:

20C is when I start to feel a little "chilly". :lol:

On 12/19/2017 at 4:38 AM, [07] Gabriel (URUGUAY) said:

30°C

That's still within the "comfortable" zone for me, whether humid or not. Although, that's probably the limit. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived