Beautiful/Funny Road Stories

MartyTheGamer

I pull out from a rest stop at the Czech-Hungarian border, into which I had pulled in to report somebody who attempted to create a truck-barrier ham sandwich, with me as the ham, thankfully with little damage caused to myself. While I was accelerating up to speed, the motorway quickly tightened to one lane at one of those annoying turn-offs. At that point I was moving at about 70 km/h when a truck comes up from behind blaring its horn and lights at me, thankfully slowing down before hitting me. I merge to the right lane right after the turn off and once the other truck (let's call him Trevor) picked up momentum again, he promptly overtook me while squeezing the horn.

As it would turn out me and Trevor were headed to the same drop off point - Debrecen, so I followed him there most of the way. Initally he sped off forwards and I thought that would be all I see of him, but as soon as we approached another part of the motorway that tightens to one lane, I found myself getting closer to his truck. He had slowed down to about 40 km/h just to annoy me! I rested my hand on the horn and finger on the high-beams button, though I wasn't taking this seriously, I was rather just having a laugh about what was starting.

Continuing I made some attempts to overtake Trevor, but my modest 450 hp truck didn't allow for much go. He wasn't giving up either, often reaching speeds of 120-130 km/h to stay in front of me, even swerving in front of me if I got too close in the overtaking lane. It wasn't until somewhere around the middle point between Budapest and Debrecen when I found an opportunity. I had picked up some speed and quickly approaching Trevor, who had slightly slowed down for some reason. He is quick to swerve in front of me. In a last desperate action I swerve towards the emergency lane to overtake him from the right. Trevor gradually pushes me off the road and into the grass, resulting in my truck clipping a tree and stopping dead in place...

But victory is sweet! While my truck had simply taken 35% damage, Trevor had flipped on his side! I arrogantly write "HAHAHAHA" in the chat as I laugh my ass off. The rest of the journey to Debrecen was rather quiet, though I felt fulfilled knowing karma had served its justice.

mbH2wkV.jpg?1

Maybe you need a V8 :troll: Problem solved

Don't road rage. Instead have a road rave.

On a more serious note, if he was speeding up to not let you in, that is blocking which is bannable.  Swerving in front is also blocking which would have gotten a nice juicy ban from me.  However, do not (not saying you did) give yourself the opportunity to be banned and remain calm.  Remember to always check the radar when trying to overtake as approaching trucks will show on the GPS!

9 hours ago, MartyTheTrucker said:

As it would turn out me and Trevor

Almost sounds like a GTA storyline :troll:

Also would like to suggest maybe changing the topic title to "Beautiful Road Stories" or something like that..

perhaps you'd get more participation here with more wanting to share whatever nice stories they have whilst on the roads.

Obviously the negative ones will be moderated.. but would like to see more of this, especially funny and positive shares :)

on another note,

//moved to Off-Topic.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Not funny, but kinda beautiful. 

I was speeding on ATS before the speed was nerfed into the ground, and a guy from Australia was doing 55 mph on the overtaking lane. I was mad at him, even was about to call an admin, but I cooled down, I told him to pull over and I explained him the EU/NA traffic laws about the lanes, and after all, he thanked me for explaining him, and apologised.

Imagine if all the players who do wrong on TMP would do that..... it would be a perfect world. <3 

390334.png

• SuliHD locked this topic

Archived