Time stamps on video reports.

skoalie

Question

Hello, I have a question about Time stamps.  I sent in a rather long video, and it was declined due to not having time stamps.

I was informed to add time stamps and then resend the video. 

My videos description box has / had time links that look something like this:

0:01  Players ID can be found here.

2:30 Player starts ramming

5:21 Player causes traffic jam for x minutes.

30:25 Player saves game, rams truck, and reloads save file.

The numbers are blue and (when clicked on) they navigate the video toward that which is being described to the right of the time frame.

I was under the impression time link = time stamps.      Since my video was declined, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to properly time stamp a video.

I would share some of my other youtube videos that I have made, but I don't want it to appear as tho I'm promoting my channel.

Thanks in advance :)

9 answers to this question

@skoalie

To answer your question, if you said you provided the time stamps in your video.. perhaps it was overlooked by accident.

In this case, what he/she may have wanted you to do was to share the video in your report with the specific time stamp that captures the offence(s)

Spoiler

ZOgzH3J.jpg

just changed the start at xx:xx then grab the link and provide it (example provided is youtube since I use it myself)

Hope this helps you with your next report (or re-filing of this case).

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

//moved to help 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Easiest way to put a video in report format is by cutting only the main parts

• First part is picking up the pinfo
  • Right moment, about 10 seconds before the player hits you
  • Avoid using offensive title when put
  • And, make sure everything is right, especially the player ID

Use one of these programs to edit

• Sony Vegas
  • Adobe Premiere
  • Movie Maker

If you prefer to use this site to edit

Edited by Matheus EN/PT

2 hours ago, Matheus EN/PT said:

Easiest way to put a video in report format is by cutting only the main parts

• First part is picking up the pinfo
  • Right moment, about 10 seconds before the player hits you
  • Avoid using offensive title when put
  • And, make sure everything is right, especially the player ID

Use one of these programs to edit

• Sony Vegas
  • Adobe Premiere
  • Movie Maker

If you prefer to use this site to edit

Did you post this reply by accident?

Hi,

first of all, the timestamp is needed for indicating the game Moderator when an occurrence happened, since they have not the time to spend 10 minutes or more on YouTube for each report.

Since you added time stamps in the video description, the admin probably didn’t take a look at the description. So you have 2 possibilities:

- You create a new report and leave a note in the form next to the evidence link (something like „You will find the timestamps in the video description!“).

- You can create a new report and add links including timestamps. You can create a link with a timestamp this way: go to your video on YouTube, fast-forward to the time some seconds before the occurrence. Pause your video here. Now click on share below the video and tick the „start at xx:yy“ box. Then copy the share link and paste it to the report form. When the game moderator clicks on the link, he will automatically watch the video from that point you got the timestamp from. 

3 hours ago, skoalie said:

Did you post this reply by accident?

It was not an accident, it was more to send you something more specific and complete with everything you need to know, from the edit part to the time and ending markers and showing the parts that you could have wrong, i also added a more elaborate topic

3 hours ago, DrEGZo said:

Hi,

first of all, the timestamp is needed for indicating the game Moderator when an occurrence happened, since they have not the time to spend 10 minutes or more on YouTube for each report.

Since you added time stamps in the video description, the admin probably didn’t take a look at the description. So you have 2 possibilities:

- You create a new report and leave a note in the form next to the evidence link (something like „You will find the timestamps in the video description!“).

- You can create a new report and add links including timestamps. You can create a link with a timestamp this way: go to your video on YouTube, fast-forward to the time some seconds before the occurrence. Pause your video here. Now click on share below the video and tick the „start at xx:yy“ box. Then copy the share link and paste it to the report form. When the game moderator clicks on the link, he will automatically watch the video from that point you got the timestamp from. 

Thank you for the reply,  I'm even more confused now.  

1.  You are suggesting that the video description is not the proper place to time stamp a video.

2.  You are suggesting the admin did not read the ticket.

I made it clear in the ticket that my version of the video had time stamps in the description box of the video.

Here is a copy of what the ticket said (with edits of course)

There are currently 2 places where this video can be viewed.
1: A 48 minute (Unlisted) Youtube video of someone repeatedly breaking rules, with timestamps and details. (linktomyyoutubevideo)
2. This persons own twitch stream channel. Left his info with 1 timestamp in the ticket so he could see when the person started ETS2mp.

So I'm still confused as to how the video was declined for lack of time stamps.  

You do bring up some good points, but as previously stated:

1. I did timestamp the video ( Mabe in the wrong place?)  I'm trying to get this verified.

2.  This is how I time stamp vids=   10:55 Player saves game and rams truck, then reloads save game.  (Is this the proper format for time stamping?)

2 hours ago, Matheus EN/PT said:

It was not an accident, it was more to send you something more specific and complete with everything you need to know, from the edit part to the time and ending markers and showing the parts that you could have wrong, i also added a more elaborate topic

I appreciate you taking the time to give me so much info to cover.   However the pervious line is the only one I found in regards to the topic.

Please make sure to fill in all details about what happened, relevant video time stamps and evidence links.

I did not find any other information in regards as to proper format.

Do we place the time stamp in the ticket?

Does it go in the video description?

10:30  player did xxxx.     Is this how you time stamp a video?

So please forgive me when I assumed your original post seemed a bit off topic.   I do appreciate the attempt you have made  :)

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, MettleMeat said:

@skoalie

To answer your question, if you said you provided the time stamps in your video.. perhaps it was overlooked by accident.

In this case, what he/she may have wanted you to do was to share the video in your report with the specific time stamp that captures the offence(s)

Hide contents

ZOgzH3J.jpg

just changed the start at xx:xx then grab the link and provide it (example provided is youtube since I use it myself)

Hope this helps you with your next report (or re-filing of this case).

Thankyou MettleMeat.

This is the response I was looking for.

Either the information on the timestamps was overlooked, or I should have shared each violation instead of just using time stamps?

It will take a little more work, but sharing each violation is the only alternative I can see available.

Thanks again,

• Like 1