Concerns regarding the Special Transport DLC

[VIVA] ExDe707

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, [SK] - TeR*NOYAN28 said:

If this happen , C-D road will die :D if this come to multiplayer maybe special server is more good idea for this 

That will not happen. Unless there is a special cargo that goes down the C-D road in SP it cant happen if i am not mistaken. If you take a special cargo and you leave the route it is designed for (leaving the follow cars) the game will fail you on the job and take your trailer. So as long as there is no special cargo for the C-D road you cant take a trailer down that road.  :) 

ON topic: i dont want this in MP. Since the idea of it is that you drive with the special follow cars and all that, it will just not work in MP, since you cant have the follow cars there. It will ruin the DLC :)

Could be used in some special events if devs can make it to work on MP. But definetly not good to include this on EU2 as a common cargoes because it will feed a lot of troll drivers. On a special event with admin supervision could be really fun as a real operation event.

4 minutes ago, doorgapmonster said:

@MrSirViking thats why it should get a special server

But how do you make sure that no one just goes on to that server to troll? And will it be all No Collision? It has to be if two people start at the same place. And what about all the AI that is the big part of this DLC? 

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me that much if it went on multiplayer even without the restrictions. You take this cargo like a normal one. You are so slow with it that kiddies that just want to speed won't bother taking them. Do you see that much people trolling with the heavy cargo already ? Sure it would slow single lane roads as you won't be able to overtake easily a truck like that but IRL when you're stuck behind a truck going 50/60 on a mountain road, well you just wait a drive behind him. That's how it is.

There is no sense about crying  this dlc comes to mp. Before heavy cargo came out, same things happened. Trolls will be trolls. So stop crying. As if you knew, there is no c-d road route on the job list, and noone forces you to play in eu2. If you dont wanna see them go play on other servers such as no cars server. People who dont wanna face scout cars are in no cars server. So this must be added as usual dlc into mp and should add no st into no cars server. 

Stop being a cry baby already. Im reading your comments, most of you seems like didnt even try st dlc. Cause if you did your comments wouldnt be like these. You cant even speed with a 70t trailer. 

And about speeding, trollers can even speed with heavy trailer dlc. Use your senses and brains. 

Hi i got 2 small questions (propably very noob questions xD)

1)I'm doing the achievements for the DLC right now and the only job i need to do are the stairs but for some reason that is the only job that won't show up in my list, do i need to be at a specific place or something ?

2) i'v driven both the 6x4 and the 8x4 with the large silo both some route and i don't rly feel any difference between them , is there any reason to pick one over the other ?

1.  If you have multiple garages then keep transporting between garages until it comes up. It will eventually show somewhere. When it shows somewhere then drive, don't transport as you could lose it.

2. No idea.

2. Ingame it wont make any difference. IRL you can spread the weight over a bigger area which means that eg if you want to cross a bridge the weight is spread over a bigger area to avoid a collapse of the bridge etc.. Thats why the Heavy/Special Cargo Trailers all have a lot of axles. If they would have only 3 like normal trailers they would break -> Same for the truck. 

@Pmuecke

1, i bought the dlc and played with it at least 30minutes, tried to look up for 71t trailer but it didnt pop up. Kept playing till some of achievements get completed, i did almost 20 jobs and 71t trailer came out... Maybe it is something like that

2, 8x4 and 6x4 have x4 as 4 wheels pushing the truck and trailer. Other 8x and 6x wheels are just to distribute the weight of the trailer. The reason why 8x has 4 wheels turning is to make the truck turn easier. Its like a mercedes with 6x4 and stock chasis. The longer you are  will be the bigger angle your truck will use to turn , so to prevent this, 8x has more turning wheels cause it is longer. 

But there is a problem, game doesnt simulate those psychics. Like adblue fuel. It is just to show something, if we had more weight over truck's chasis we would have much more traction over a truck with less weight only thing that simulate is speeding and rev times. You will get less speeding and rev time with a heavier trailer. Also if trailers had their own g_trailer_stability, you could feel more of the weight of trailer. 

Hope these answers your questions 

I personally am of the opinion that getting a Special Transport trailer should be an automatic kick but keep the other things since they add bullbar beacon strobes finally and "we wont be integrating the Special Transport DLC" just wont do. I suspect its because of these that they even consider not supporting the DLC at all seeing as they beat down everyone who suggested beacon mods before. Its simple logic really. The DLC wont be a problem because they figured out a way to detect when you have police parts on your car and auto kick you so why not use that for the trailers too? I agree that the trailers would be way too big for MP but thats what we have heavy cargo for, some of which even have more tonnage than most of the Special Transport trailers.

vvv Steam vvv                                                                                                                                                             vvv Elite Dangerous vvv

76561198004707172.png    17892.png?1454296225

Archived