Discord bot ideas

Hey guys!
I am looking to make a fully functional discord bot for all the vlc or guilds related to truckersmp, But give me your ideas!
Your idea can be as big as you want! Just tell me and i will tell u if its doable,

things for example notifying a player when he is approching a congested area someonething like that.

Feel free to comment!

Also i need a name for the discord bot buz i suck at giving names

Thanks you!

You can check this: 

You can invite It to your discord or if have spare time, knowledge of node.js and JavaScript, maybe collaborate to add features

• Like 1

Trucky - The Virtual Trucker Companion app

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

Mobile App, In-Game Overlay, Dispatcher, Automatic Recording on collision, In-Game Radio streaming, Discord Rich Presence Integration

Download Trucky on your mobile device - Install Trucky for Windows - Trucky Website

• 2 weeks later...

@thomasxd24 nevermind :) it's legit.

However, you can ask "them" to collaborate, where theme it's me, that discord bot is mine ;)

Don't have only TruckersMP api integration, It get 

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

Mobile App, In-Game Overlay, Dispatcher, Automatic Recording on collision, In-Game Radio streaming, Discord Rich Presence Integration

Download Trucky on your mobile device - Install Trucky for Windows - Trucky Website

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/1/2018 at 6:19 PM, alekexe said:

Hello, I plan on making VTC panel website and application for Android devices, would you like to cooperate with me?

Contact me on [email protected]

I am Aleksej(Alek), web developer by the way and having discord bot would be great.

@alekexe Sorry for late response, i Just read your post (didnt have notification on here)

Can you send me a pm with some details?

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

I run a VTC, what would be useful is a function that allows you to set the next convoys, and when !convoy is put into chat, it will tell you when the next convoy is. However, once this has passed, if the bot deletes that and then finds the next soonest, that would be useful, as we got Dyno doing that however it doesn't clear once that convoy is over. Another useful feature could be a convoy countdown?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 10:53 AM, Rootyyy said:

I run a VTC, what would be useful is a function that allows you to set the next convoys, and when !convoy is put into chat, it will tell you when the next convoy is. However, once this has passed, if the bot deletes that and then finds the next soonest, that would be useful, as we got Dyno doing that however it doesn't clear once that convoy is over. Another useful feature could be a convoy countdown?

Come in Trucky Discord server and we'll talk about that, it sounds good. Btw, Trucky has already the .events command that returns next 5 upcoming events

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

You could do something that was done with one the discord bots that I assisted with, used to show player count on the server, players that are currently streaming on Twitch as well as status data. There is also a neat little function that you can do with reddit and twitch clips so it auto posts to reddit.

Edited by MikeOG

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 10:19 PM, MikeOG said:

You could do something that was done with one the discord bots that I assisted with, used to show player count on the server, players that are currently streaming on Twitch as well as status data. There is also a neat little function that you can do with reddit and twitch clips so it auto posts to reddit.

@MikeOG there is already a bot that do this: it's TruckyBot :)https://truckyapp.com/discordbot/

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

And what you are referencing @MikeOG?

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

99% of the twitch type of bots do nothing, but spam Discords, the one I made doesn't it just edits an existing post that just shows the channel name, stream name, and viewer count. The only thing that would post a tad bit of spam is the Reddit clip bot, but that was because it had some big streamers. That bot would post clips automatically to Reddit. The bot also has a system that I just recently made that I pulled a lot of inspiration off of the steam Vac system. I made it so if you say anything racist, or anything else that I have added to a list it stops you from talking forever. I made it so it doesn't kick you so the discord admins can look into the message and if the extent is bad enough then it will kick you. I also added a "Meme" generator to it recently just for the laughs, that pretty much posts a random image of some random meme I have added to it at that time. I wanted to add a few more systems to the bot, but I haven't had a lot of dev time recently and I still have to work out a few kinks. The twitch side of the bot all I have to do is add the stream via a command, then the bot will follow the person on twitch. I am thinking of making the bot more of a public side for vtc's eventually, at the moment two FiveM communities use the bot. This will all take a, while however as I'd have to do a whole web interface with it then properly test it for vulnerabilities. This once again is just suggestions, based off of what I accomplished so far. I also plan on eventually making it into an all in one type of nightbot. I am just making suggestions since the original poster was asking for ideas for making his own bot.

Edited by MikeOG

And specially for vtc? You have some ideas?

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

I am working on some, I built my bot off of c# so there is little I can grab off of without building it from scratch. I have everything linked with mysql that is on another server. I am still working on optimizing a lot of features, currently its only myself working on it, which is why things are moving slowly. I honestly wouldn't mind connecting with Truckbooks and attempting to use their telemetry if possible for a lot of features. I was thinking about using it to grab information, and where about of fellow VTC members other than that I am just optimizing a lot of the systems.

I also was just suggesting a bit more for the "vtc/guild" part of it. Thus with the possibility of telemetry you may be able to get the player info/where about just suggesting a few outside the box type of ideas that may be good. This way the bot could also be an all in one type of bot. I'd be happy to help with some functions after I port a lot of it over to Node.js myself. I just like all in one type of bots myself, makes things look cleaner.

Edited by MikeOG

Trucksbook has API?

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

Not at the moment, contacted them about the possibility. I would love to see an api form come from a job logger, but at the moment there are plenty of open sourced telemetry servers out there that could be worked on and integrated with the old discord.js. I have an old one linked in with my twitch bot that just grabs job info upon request and prints it so the possible opportunities are kinda endless at the moment. 

So grabbing information off of that idea you could make the first discord bot to log jobs to discord and store it within the database.

Edited by MikeOG

Vtlog.net has already public and private api, check there: https://api.vtlog.net

• Like 1

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.